Rate the SpudSacks

Started by Big_Cox14, March 08, 2010, 09:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big_Cox14

Provisional Spud Squad:
D: Presti, W Thursfield, J King, Tarrant, L Robert Thompson, N Brown, K Bradley (Ruck) , Z Dawson, J McMahon, A Raines, J McMahon, D Armfield, T Williams, D Glass
M: B Johnson (Collingwood), C Johnson, T Selwood, R Crowley, J Oakley-Nicholls, B Peake
R: M Blake, J Laycock, M Pyke, W Skipper, B Renouf, J Sellar,
F: L Brown, J Schulz, O'Hailpin, M Newton, H Playfair, J Neagle, A Hansen

Can anyone think of anymore spuds to add to the squad? especially those that play in the midfield or forward line.

Prospector_1

Yep, bench needed for those positions ...

Big_Cox14

How about Shane Edwards? I think he's a bit of a spud. Tom Lonergan?
Graham Polak? Josh Carr? Matthew De Boer? Tom Hislop? Should these players be considered spud squad members as well?

Cicjose

stefan martin and simon buckley

Big_Cox14

Stefan Martin & Simon Buckley will be added to the spud squad. How 'bout Daniel Merrett?

Master Q

I don't think Presti and Merret can be called Spuds because they do their jobs.

CFC 1979

Quote from: Master Q on March 11, 2010, 10:43:04 AM
I don't think Presti and Merret can be called Spuds because they do their jobs.

But they are fantasy scoring spuds Q  8)

Big_Cox14

Provisional Spud Squad:
D: Presti, W Thursfield, J King, Tarrant, L Robert Thompson, N Brown, K Bradley (Ruck) , Z Dawson, J McMahon, A Raines, J McMahon, D Armfield, T Williams, D Glass, S Martin, D Merrett
M: B Johnson (Collingwood), C Johnson, T Selwood, R Crowley, J Oakley-Nicholls, B Peake, S Buckley, S Edwards, J Carr, M De Boer, T Hislop
F: L Brown, J Schulz, O'Hailpin, M Newton, H Playfair, J Neagle, A Hansen, T Lonergan, G Polak

Looks like we have enough positions at the moment for the spud team. But if anyone can come up with any better spud candidates than the ones already listed that would be really awesome.  8)

Big_Cox14

Does anyone else have any nominations to the spud squad? ;D

Big_Cox14

Ok folks here is the Provisional Spud Squad
D: Presti, W Thursfield, J King, Tarrant, L Robert Thompson, N Brown, K Bradley (Ruck) , Z Dawson, J McMahon, A Raines, J McMahon, D Armfield, T Williams, D Glass, S Martin, D Merrett, J Petrenko
M: B Johnson (Collingwood), C Johnson, T Selwood, R Crowley, J Oakley-Nicholls, B Peake, S Buckley, S Edwards, J Carr, M De Boer, T Hislop
F: L Brown, J Schulz, O'Hailpin, M Newton, H Playfair, J Neagle, A Hansen, T Lonergan, G Polak

CFC 1979

ok

now who is going to make the team up and administer it ?
Dump it in a league

Big_Cox + Prospector maybe ( only if time allows )

post weekly scores and vote for trades in forum. cut off say Tuesday or Wednesday so administrator has time to look after his real team ( this is a spudly team remember )

Thats if you guys are serious about seeing how bad this team can go 8)

Justin Bieber

if nobody wants to have this team maybe just keep bumping up this post with combined scores throughout the season.

looks to be the best option so far without screwing up anybody else's years.

Prospector_1

Biggy has really taken on the workload, so if you can, BC14, it'd be great for you to do it.

If not, I am happy to run it, and do it through this forum however people prefer (votes / advice on trades etc.). As I said, it will be "mum's" team, and I can run it in a family and friends comp, or (if ppl want) perhaps it can take a place in one of the beginners' or improvers' leagues here.

What do you think, BC14 and other spudelicious fans?

Big_Cox14

Hey Prospector, I'm happy for you to run the spud team as your mum's team. I think that voting for spuds in the forum is probably the way to go at this stage. Once the season's underway, the weekly scores could be posted and advice for trades could be undertaken via a forum with a Tuesday/Wednesday deadline.

CFC 1979

Go forth and multiply the spuds Prospector

Finer details can be worked out later 8)