General Discussion

Started by Football Factory, September 29, 2014, 07:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grannyboy

What were we doing with the left over players from:
A) the Recycled Draft and,
B) the remaining players from last season.

I can't remember if this was discussed on freeforums but we need to figure out who is going where and where exactly the retirees compo will be in regards to the player pools left.

We don't want coaches with lots of retirees this season getting a huge advantage over retirees from any other season by adding both A) and B) to the National draft and then having compo picks. We could as a result have compo for retirees after the Rookie draft (what we did last year) so everyone has a chance to draft someone from the remaining pool. This will thin the pool of players for the Midseason Draft but give us all the best chance to pick up decent players in both drafts considering how strong the pool of players will be.
We could also just add last years left over players to the National draft, then remaining Recycled players go straight to the Midseason Draft so we only have National Draft players in the National Draft and Rookie players in the Rookie Draft. And compo picks to follow the Rookie Draft (exactly what we did last year).
What do coaches think?

Grannyboy

I see the leftovers from last season are already in the National Draft thread, I assume if they are not picked they, along with all the other leftovers from this years National Draft, go into the Rookie Draft 2015 strengthening the pool?

LF

I thought the leftover players from the Nat draft and recycled draft were going into the rookie draft and the Nat draft was staying Nat picks only

Grannyboy

Quote from: LF on October 06, 2014, 10:38:13 PM
I thought the leftover players from the Nat draft and recycled draft were going into the rookie draft and the Nat draft was staying Nat picks only

So we have discussed this, or you've talked to FF about it? I can't remember exactly what was happening, he's gone offline now. No hurry we've got til 27th November to figure it out/remember it. ??? :P

picker_man

+1

kilbluff1985

I'm not in this comp but every other comp has only newly drafted NAT players in the NAT draft as it makes sense

Grannyboy

It does make sense but because we have the 1 off Recycled Draft and 2 lots of left over players this year it will make a very strong Rookie Draft. Anyone who has a lot of retirees will then be getting extra picks in this draft and will be picking from a much better pool than any other year.

LF

Quote from: Grannyboy on October 06, 2014, 10:50:47 PM
It does make sense but because we have the 1 off Recycled Draft and 2 lots of left over players this year it will make a very strong Rookie Draft. Anyone who has a lot of retirees will then be getting extra picks in this draft and will be picking from a much better pool than any other year.

Yeah but this is pretty much a once off year anyway with the recycled draft invovled.
There will always be a hidden gem or 2 leftover in the player pool that haven`t yet hit their straps
We have some good ones leftover in the Euros rook draft which include Levi Greenwood and Jaensch.

kilbluff1985

BXV have decent ones left over as will AXVIII SC 

It's not that much of an advantage if teams need extra picks you give them to the teams at the end of the rookie draft

SydneyRox

Quote from: picker_man on October 06, 2014, 10:43:36 PM

+1

+2

Grannyboy

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 06, 2014, 11:25:31 PM
Quote from: picker_man on October 06, 2014, 10:43:36 PM

+1

+2
Seems to be the general consensus of those who are on, I'll talk to FF and write something into the draft topics so we're all clear and I can remember what's going on later. :D

Grannyboy

I see Alpaca management was at the G for the Grand Final last weekend.

T Dog

Quote from: Grannyboy on October 07, 2014, 01:22:06 PM
I see Alpaca management was at the G for the Grand Final last weekend.

The secrets out...I am a holden  :o ;D

Memphistopheles

I have an announcement to make - the Asuncion Armadillos are delighted to welcome FS as an assistant coach!

I'm looking forward to have him on board. He can work on trade deals so if you are interested in some of our players hit either of us up.

Grannyboy

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 07, 2014, 01:38:00 PM
I have an announcement to make - the Asuncion Armadillos are delighted to welcome FS as an assistant coach!

I'm looking forward to have him on board. He can work on trade deals so if you are interested in some of our players hit either of us up.

Heeeeeeeee's back! Welcome aboard FS...again! :P :D