No Danger, Shaw or Gawn. Is this guy serious? Regulators 2017

Started by Spirios, February 25, 2017, 03:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirios

Def:Rance, Laird, Adams, J. Martin, Hampton, Evw (Ryan, Stewart)
Mid: Pendles, Priddis, Coniglio, Fyfe, J.Kelly, Swallow, Bowes, SPP (Freeman, Bolton, Pickett)
Ruck: Goldy, Mummy (strnadica)
FWD: Dahl, Wingard, Heeney, Rough, Hrovat, Black (Cameron, Eddy)

26k in the bank.

Mummy and Goldy both under some sort of injury cloud and a lot of mid priced players. If mummy isn't right, considering Jacobs or Stef Martin in the ruck therefore opening up some cap space for potential upgrades to premos or rookies.

As the subject says, No Gawn, Danger or Shaw. Thoughts and input appreciated.

GoLions

I don't think that not having guys like SHaw, Danger, Gawn is tooooo bad. However, having players such as JMart, Conigs, Kelly, Mummy, Wingard, Heeney, Roughy, Hrovat all in the same team is a recipe for disaster imo. Just out of curiosity, what are you expecting guys like this to average? Early on you may be ahead, but will fall way behind later on in the season, as you have less guys making cash, and less top end premos.

I think having a few of these guys is good, but this is just a bit overkill :P

Spirios

Coniglio, Kelly, Mummy and Martin are all selections for easy upgrade. I don't believe Danger, Shaw, Gawn etc. will hold Value while I would be hoping for increases (especially from Kelly and Martin) in the early part of the season.
Coniglio is a tough one. Could hold firm or become the frontline (if he isn't already) mid at GWS. With very little quality in the FWD line this year, I would be Happy with 85-95 averages from Wingard and Heeney until clear standout come about.

At mid 300k roughy is well unders IMO and Hrovat with DPP and extra chance could make some good coin.

In saying all of that, Coniglio, Kelly and Martin are all in ATM but tomorrow could very easily change.

GoLions

Be careful with how many trades you plan on using. Generally you want a player to make at least 100k when using them as a cash cow. JMart would need to average a tick over 90, and Kelly around 105 for them to both make 100k. But if you want them to make that cash say, halfway through the season, then they'd need to average a few ppg more on top of that, in which case they would be good enough to keep in your side anyway :P

If you think they're good enough to become keepers then that's fine, I particularly like Kelly and reckon he'll be a gun :)

Just think there's a bit too much risk involved :P

Ringo

Looking at this team the big trouble I see is running out of trades.
I can see only 7 real keepers in this team and if some of the fringe do not measure up can see the trouble if injury strikes.
To upgrade you will be downgrading and then using cash to upgrade so 2 trades needed  Much better to start with 10/12 definite keepers and have those 5/6 trades up your sleeve.
So if it were my team I would look at arranging team so that some of those fringe are prems not all just to get the 10/12 definite. Your decision and go with gut.

Spirios