Bombers Rule 2017 diary

Started by crowls, December 01, 2016, 11:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Team 1 of many  for 2017
This year Bombers will rule in Supercoach. Prices will dictate so many must start players from Bombers.

My first team from Fanplanner

TEAM NAME: Bombers Rule 2017_1
DEF: R. Laird, D. Swallow, R. Murphy, M. Hibberd, M. Hurley, R. Bonner (I. Cumming, E. Himmelberg)
MID: P. Dangerfield, S. Pendlebury, B. Crouch, J. Watson, D. Heppell, J. O'Meara, D. Beams, J. Gallucci (E. Phillips, M. White, J. Beech)
RUC: T. Goldstein, P. Ryder (T. Bellchambers)
FWD: Z. Merrett, D. Martin, T. Lynch, B. Ainsworth, T. Taranto, S. Powell-Pepper (T. House, A. Gallucci)
CASH LEFT: $436,700

crowls

Team 2
Did not take long to find gaps in first attempt.   Added in Gaz and Fyfe, dropped Jobe and B Crouch

Pretty sick when you can start 4 superprems and 2 prems in the mids.

TEAM NAME: Bombers Rule 2017_1
DEF: R. Laird, D. Swallow, R. Murphy, M. Hibberd, M. Hurley, R. Bonner (I. Cumming, E. Himmelberg)
MID: P. Dangerfield, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, N. Fyfe, D. Heppell, J. O'Meara, D. Beams, J. Gallucci (E. Phillips, M. White, J. Beech)
RUC: T. Goldstein, P. Ryder (T. Bellchambers)
FWD: Z. Merrett, D. Martin, T. Lynch, B. Ainsworth, T. Taranto, S. Powell-Pepper (T. House, A. Gallucci)
CASH LEFT: $239,500

crowls

JOM plenty of question marks.     Like Libba and Crouch last year.    What is probability he can get through the year?  50/50 or 60/40.     Will probably look at leaving him out regardless of value due to risk.

fanTCfool

Quote from: crowls on December 01, 2016, 06:14:37 PM
JOM plenty of question marks.     Like Libba and Crouch last year.    What is probability he can get through the year?  50/50 or 60/40.     Will probably look at leaving him out regardless of value due to risk.

I don't think getting through the year is a big issue, because he is now at rookie price you only need him to play a handful of games and generate a quick slab of cash to justify him as a starting pick.

iZander

a whole year? 1/99
2 games in a row 50/50

AaronKirk

I think the Hawks will get JOM right but still i'd be surprised if he would be ready for round 1. I think if he is ready to play he will play VFL. Has hardly played a game in the last couple of years.

If he plays rd 1 you have to pick him though...

I doubt that SC will allow the Essendon/other returning suspended players to be that cheap so you can play that strong a side. We will find out when the team picker opens on Monday

crowls

Quote from: fanTCfool on December 01, 2016, 11:50:31 PM

I don't think getting through the year is a big issue, because he is now at rookie price you only need him to play a handful of games and generate a quick slab of cash to justify him as a starting pick.

AK meant to highlight injury issue and need for trade at some stage.  You are right we just need him to make a quick 200-300K and generate more points than a prem rookie.    Rocky, Gaz, JOM, Beams all potential great picks and/or trade trouble.   

crowls

Team 3,     The Crippled Crowls team of 2017.
Decided to maximise use of cripples and see what I can put on the park.

Def:  Docherty, T Adams, Hibberd, Murphy, T Stewart, L Ryan (Hampton, Berry)
Mid: Dangerfield, Pendlesbury, Ablett, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Beams, JOM, Myers (Sam Powell-Pepper, Freeman, Barrett)
Ruc: Goldstein, Sandilands (Strnadica)
Fwds: Dahlaus, Macrea, Ryder, Ben Long, J Pickett, Simpkin (Balic, Bowes)
Cash 90,900

Very happy with how this team comes up.  Not sure how many games it could put on the park but would do great if it remains injury free.   Could also swap Macrae for Roughead without hurting team.

enzedder

That team bats fairly deep.
Doesn't look too bad at all.
I'll use part of it.

Ringo

Forgot David Swallow in your cripple list !! Mids would bat real deep if you can squeeze him in.

crowls

Quote from: Ringo on December 07, 2016, 02:08:17 PM
Forgot David Swallow in your cripple list !! Mids would bat real deep if you can squeeze him in.
Def:  Docherty, K Kolodjashnij, Hibberd, Murphy, T Stewart, L Ryan (Hampton, Berry)
Mid: Dangerfield, Pendlesbury, Ablett, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Beams, JOM, Swallow (Sam Powell-Pepper, Freeman, Myers)
Ruc: Goldstein, Sandilands (Strnadica)
Fwds: Dahlaus, Macrea, Ryder, Ben Long, J Pickett, Simpkin (Balic, Bowes)
Cash 91,000

Downgrade Adams to KK based on KK getting a more settled role this year and getting the ball in hands more often.  will get back to 90-95 which is within what Adams is likely to get.

Barrett upgraded to D Swallow.   Swallow likely to score low of 90 and upside of 105 but prob average 95-98 points.  This will add 30 points at least over Barrett though probably only 10 over what Myers will get.

crowls

Team 5     - Higginator Version accounting for Byes

Def:  Adams, Howe, Hibberd, Murphy, T Stewart, M Hibberd, (Ryan, J Berry)
Mid:  Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Beams, JOM, D Swallow, M Murphy, Myers (Sam PP, A McGrath, J Thomas)
Ruck: Gawn, Sandi (Strnadica)
Fwd: Dahlhouse, Tom J Lynch, P Ryder, McLuggage, Gallucci, B Long ( Eddy, Pickett)

454K in Bank
Byes   5/11/3/11   

fasttrack13

Quote from: crowls on December 23, 2016, 01:14:51 PM
Team 5     - Higginator Version accounting for Byes

Def:  Adams, Howe, Hibberd, Murphy, T Stewart, M Hibberd, (Ryan, J Berry)
Mid:  Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Beams, JOM, D Swallow, M Murphy, Myers (Sam PP, A McGrath, J Thomas)
Ruck: Gawn, Sandi (Strnadica)
Fwd: Dahlhouse, Tom J Lynch, P Ryder, McLuggage, Gallucci, B Long ( Eddy, Pickett)

454K in Bank
Byes   5/11/3/11   

Surely JOM and M.Murph to 550+k guys with that cash

Love the howe pick  (he was in my locks category up until all the positions changes down in defence got me excited.)

looking good crowls 

crowls

More work to be done to this team.    I will not likely start JOM, Murph, Swallow and Beams in same team.   Macrae is a lock for me in the forwards so need to work out a change there as well.     Howe will be a late call after seeing some preseason games.    Important to understand his role and make sure (Ross Lyon apprentice) Buckley is playing him where he can score.

fasttrack13

Quote from: crowls on December 29, 2016, 09:59:25 AM
More work to be done to this team.    I will not likely start JOM, Murph, Swallow and Beams in same team.   Macrae is a lock for me in the forwards so need to work out a change there as well.     Howe will be a late call after seeing some preseason games.    Important to understand his role and make sure (Ross Lyon apprentice) Buckley is playing him where he can score.

I'm confident... Howe and Mayne were identical players in their forward roles and the only reason he was recruited was to fullfill the role that howe was recruited for, hence enabling howe to continue playing as a defender