Are the Cats no longer genuine flag threats?

Started by ossie85, September 13, 2014, 05:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Since 2011 flag, Geelong have only won 1 final from 6 attempts

The cats can beat anybody anytime, but all year I doubted whether they could win 3 finals

Basically I see them as Roger Federer right now. All time great but time catching up to them

nas

Time to do some harsh looking at their list & make decisions for next year & beyond.

AaronKirk

Quote from: ossie85 on September 13, 2014, 05:53:07 AM

Since 2011 flag, Geelong have only won 1 final from 6 attempts

The cats can beat anybody anytime, but all year I doubted whether they could win 3 finals

Basically I see them as Roger Federer right now. All time great but time catching up to them

This was a re-building year for the cats. They have a lot of young players and IMO won't drop at all in the next few years, but will only improve with experience.

Capper

How can the cats be genuine flag threat when they arent in the finals??

to finish in the top 6 is a great effort by the cats with the rebuilding they are doing

Mat0369

Geelong will be screwed is when they lose Tom Lonergan.

Nige

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 13, 2014, 12:56:50 PM
Geelong will be screwed is when they lose Tom Lonergan.
From memory, I think they're grooming Jake Kolodjashnij to play his role.

Grazz

Something has to change at the cattery, at times last night the Roo's made them look very slow. Some pace needs to be injected asap.

Capper

Quote from: Grazz on September 13, 2014, 01:00:05 PM
Something has to change at the cattery, at times last night the Roo's made them look very slow. Some pace needs to be injected asap.
even though they looked slow i think with SJ there they would hae got up last night. Adding SJ to the team makes the team slower as well

Mat0369

Quote from: NigeyS on September 13, 2014, 12:58:49 PM
From memory, I think they're grooming Jake Kolodjashnij to play his role.

Kolo plays 3rd tall, Lonergan takes the oppositions best forward each week. This is why they are going after Chip, they have to rely on Mitch Brown to step in. Rivers is up there in age so he will also be retiring soon, hence they have Harry Taylor and no one

Capper

Sweetness

Mr.Craig

They averaged 91 points a game this year. That will continue to be enough to deal with lesser sides but they simply need more avenues to goal in order to compete at the top. Brown, Walker and Kersten haven't done enough to convince me they can be adequate support for Hawkins. I don't know, maybe if they get Frawley it will release Taylor to move forward more but I'm not sure that's the answer either.

bunyip

I agree. We are crying out for a genuine CHF. I'm sure Nathan Vardy would have done well had he not got injured. I have high hopes for him next season. I will be interested to see who we go for in the draft and trading period.