Are Geelong any chance for the flag?

Started by freezer, August 11, 2009, 03:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freezer

Can Geelong still win the flag? With injuries and poor form can they challenge the saints come finals time? Any thoughts?

BradStar

i thought they were untill they lost to carlton.

Alex7089

nly if Ablett gets back into form in the finals. I read something in the Herald Sun the other day and Judd has averaged 2 more contested possessions, 4 more inside fifties, and 2 more  clearances, that is since rd 13. That to me suggests Ablett is not using  his ball as well as he was he is getting a lot of disposals in the back half of the ground.

CFC 1979

Do not and i mean do not underestimate this team. They are up to something. Come September i believe they will be flogging sides mark my words. St Kilda - it's not in the bag. I reckon nobody will touch them  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hawks_1976

I think the flag is genuinely up for grabs.
As far as St.Kilda is concerned, you can't do much more than keep winning.
But I believe their game plan might unravel at the MCG. They are great at defensively shutting down sides in the small, closed environment of Etihad but at the MCG they could get exposed...
Geelong surely are still out to avenge last years pain and will still be right in the mix deep into september.
Collingwood is a worry. Their list is in fantastic shape and they might just bob up at the right time. If fact it saddens me to say that if St. Kilda played the Pies in the grand final, I'd back the Pies to win.
As for the remainder of the eight, anyone on their day could beat anybody and an upset ot two in September would not surprise.

phenom

Any chance? I'd say being second on the ladder gives us a pretty good chance TBH.

We've lost alot of form, momentum and fitness at the wrong end of the season but if we can regain that and get our guns firing again then we should be ok. Our greatest challenge will be in the first week against Collingwood. If we can get past that, I would be confident we could go all the way to the Grand Final.

I'm happy to let people write us off and prematurely declare Collingwood VS St. Kilda as the most likely Grand Final.

Pav29

I think Geelong are will definetely make Top 4 but I'm not sure if they can win the flag this year.

Jimbob

Quote from: Pav29 on May 01, 2010, 10:57:21 AM
I think Geelong are will definetely make Top 4 but I'm not sure if they can win the flag this year.

Tonight will tell! I think this will be a Finals Preview.

Alex7089

Don't think GF preview though, one will fall away before the end of the year and finish 3rd or 4th.

bunyip

What makes you say that Alex?
Do you think it matters where you finish in the top 4. They all get a second chance.