Main Menu

Cats didn't win?

Started by Holz, July 03, 2011, 12:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Bit disappointing tonight at least chappy had a good game. I think selwood out is starting to effect them hopefully when he is back they go back to their invincible best (except when they play the roos). from round 17 to 21 they have some really easy opponents than a bye so hopefully they can rest up abit and than go hard from round 23 onwards.

its looking like the last game might decide the minor premiiership

PowerBug

Oh well.  They had to lose eventually.

bunyip

I doubt it had anything to do with any players missing. Essendon were to good on the night. The challenge is to play at that level every game, and Essendon so far seem to only turn it on when they feel like it.
What I would REALLY like is another team to challenge Collingwood. No-one seems to be able to get close to them except for 1 or 2 exceptions. Sydney might have a chance if they played all their finals at home.
It's all well and good feeling good about yourself and patting each other on the back when you beat us, WE'RE not the reigning premiers.
Geelong had to lose a game sooner or later. I actually thought they played pretty well for most of the game. Essendon's ball use was better than ours. All this talk about Bomber and other guys inside knowledge is rubbish, they can't kick the goals for you. Coaches have known for years how to beat Geelong, it's just that mostly their players have not been good enough to execute a plan.
Collingwood seem to be intimidating other good teams, which I find amazing. The Pies must look at the top 6 and laugh their heads off.
For Gods sake Hawthorn, Carlton, West Coast and Freo, give Collingwood something to think about. To many of the "top"  teams are flat track bullies.

bunyip

Did you see the front page of the Sun today. Harry is saying "I thought Hawthorn is the 3rd. best team in the league"
Nick is replying "They are. ;D".

Cruiseon

Carlton will provide a test and I don't think they fear us.

As they are almost certain to be a top 4 contendar, the game in a couple of weeks will have a mental benefit for the finals.

I think the flag race is down to 3 but it is only July and much can happen. 

bunyip

Hawthorns injuries have cruelled them this season. Carlton and West Coast, and Freo if they can keep a team on the paddock can perform on a given day. The run home will be interesting.
Did you see on TV last night that the number of Geelong players who have played every game this season is Nill!

PowerBug

Quote from: bunyip on July 05, 2011, 04:48:48 PM
Hawthorns injuries have cruelled them this season. Carlton and West Coast, and Freo if they can keep a team on the paddock can perform on a given day. The run home will be interesting.
Did you see on TV last night that the number of Geelong players who have played every game this season is Nill!
So one team will be ready for September (and October)

bunyip

I think the coaches have done a terrific job this season. The team still looks fresh and fit.

cookie311993

scott has done a good job with the cats side. i for one doubted his ability to take over after bomber thompson but he has done a very good job