21 rucks played 10 games or more this year averaging from 53.2 or more
so that is an average of 1.16 rucks per team that played 10 or more games

122 defenders that averaged 53.4 or more played 10 or more games
so that is an average of 6.7 defenders per team that play 10 or more games

134 forwards played that averaged 53.2 or more

so that is 7.44 per team that played 10 or more games

as most say get depth or get oop

upthemaidens

Let's just remove Flossing/Attack altogether.  Solves all the issues, cop the OOP it's not the end of the world.
   It adds a little more value to depth players and that's a good thing.

DazBurg

Quote from: upthemaidens on August 06, 2019, 08:04:03 PM
Let's just remove Flossing/Attack altogether.  Solves all the issues, cop the OOP it's not the end of the world.
   It adds a little more value to depth players and that's a good thing.
this ^
haha love you put the floss in :D

Koop

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 06, 2019, 06:55:49 PM
I echo Koop RE: Flood/attack.

It's a long year. 22 players available per week on average, it's common to have fluctuating availability to fill 4 positions.

There is just 1 ruck spot to fill. Certainly recognise the ongoing difficulty to fill it, though, but it is just 1 spot. Often repeat OOP ruck offenders either had their main guy go down with a LTI, or simply strategically copped it for 1 year in the hope one of their current crop will develop into a starter.

FTC recent post nails it.

In saying this, I like the idea of nominating your ONE pinch hitter at the start of the year, and they'd be penalised by only 25%.

I think this is a happy medium. Flood & attack to stay, maybe a potential vote on dropping frequency. With 1 or 2 players (voted on) at the start of the year nominated by each club to pinch it and only get a 20-25% penalty.

DazBurg

Quote from: Koop on August 06, 2019, 08:18:11 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on August 06, 2019, 06:55:49 PM
I echo Koop RE: Flood/attack.

It's a long year. 22 players available per week on average, it's common to have fluctuating availability to fill 4 positions.

There is just 1 ruck spot to fill. Certainly recognise the ongoing difficulty to fill it, though, but it is just 1 spot. Often repeat OOP ruck offenders either had their main guy go down with a LTI, or simply strategically copped it for 1 year in the hope one of their current crop will develop into a starter.

FTC recent post nails it.

In saying this, I like the idea of nominating your ONE pinch hitter at the start of the year, and they'd be penalised by only 25%.

I think this is a happy medium. Flood & attack to stay, maybe a potential vote on dropping frequency. With 1 or 2 players (voted on) at the start of the year nominated by each club to pinch it and only get a 20-25% penalty.

probably is the appease all angles approach, haha

upthemaidens

How about a Flood/Attack/Ruckless can be used X amount of times, BUT only if it's too avoid OOP.

PowerBug

Quote from: PowerBug on August 06, 2019, 05:52:34 PM
Perhaps you could add in a "small man" mode which lets you play a fwd (Can't go mid or util, too much advantage there) over a ruck? 4-4-0-5-2? And make that one of the ways you can use your 5 team lineup modifiers?

Purple 77

OP updated

Excellent discussion so far, long may it continue  :)

RaisyDaisy

As long as something is done to narrow the gap I'm fine with it

Nominate a specific player, cop 25% loss, add ruckless option X amount of times a year, whatever, just as long as something is introduced because all my gripes are with the current arrangement which I think is flawed

GoLions

Quote from: upthemaidens on August 06, 2019, 08:34:56 PM
How about a Flood/Attack/Ruckless can be used X amount of times, BUT only if it's too avoid OOP.
Flood/attack should be able to be used as a strategy just like the AFL

Koop

Just wanted to make sure the other thing I floated isn't forgotten in this and is also put up for debate/vote

To recap;

Currently all movement for WXV closes the weekend before the draft. With list lodgement occurring after the actual drafts and before the WXV draft.

Assuming the AFL holds the draft in the same format and on the same weekend (can't find confirmation just yet), this would be our dates this year before a change.

WXV Trade Period 1: Post WXV Grand Final - 17th November
AFL National Draft: 21st-22nd November
AFL Rookie Draft: 22nd November
List Lodgement Deadline: 2pm 26th November
WXV Draft: Commencing post List Lodgement Deadline

The proposed change sees the deadlines/dates altered to

WXV Trade Period 1 (Players): 17th November
AFL National Draft: 21st-22nd November
AFL Rookie Draft: 22nd November
WXV Trade Period 1 (Picks): 1pm 26th November
List Lodgement Deadline: 2pm 26th November
WXV Draft: Commencing post List Lodgement Deadline:

Essentially just allowing coaches to shuffle up and down the pick order as they please up until the deadline. No live trading, no funny business, just the ability to react to decisions made by clubs on draft night for a few days. No changes to admin times, the draft would start no later than normal.

The limitations on this are up to mainly admin digression and some public discussion. If Purp needs it to be 1 for 1 to assist in admin work I'm fine with this, but I see no issues with a scenario like the following.

Say for example the player I want at 19 falls to 45 and I feel I can take the gamble to snap him up later, I could trade pick 19 to Cape Town for Picks 26 and 32, who saw their target taken earlier than they expected on draft night and would like to come up the order. This would mean that Christchurch have to either delist a player (likely to be a 100k dud) or pass a ND pick, while Cape Town would have to take a supplementary pick somewhere (rookie? idk how the worlds system works), or if they had a later pick to prepare for this that they were just going to forfeit, they would now take that pick.

Something else to discuss I guess :P

GoLions

Purple 77

Ringo

Approve but open to extending the list lodgement deadline to say 3:00pm  if need be especially is some late pick changes close to the 2pm deadline.

Holz