Bathurst 2010 - Holden or Ford?

Started by McRooster, October 09, 2010, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Who here watches the great race?

Some of you know I'm a bit of a car nut and have bogan heritage so I can't help myself getting up at sparrows fart on the second Sunday in October to watch all categories including the 161 laps of the great race!

Starts with BBQ breakfast and pancakes, washed down at around 8am with the first frothy for the day.

Weber gets lit just before the race starts and then about ten laps in on goes the lamb (smothered in lemon/garlic infused oil, with rosemary and cracked pepper and salt).

6 pack later out comes the roast and carve it up!

I attended the race in 2005 courtesy of Monroe in a corporate facility inside hell corner just near Ambrose's # 1 pit. This was the year that Ambrose and Murphy had the collision at the top of mountain straight  with about 20 laps to go. Lowndes was quickest across the top (with no windscreen and three thermal suits on).
One of the best 4 days of my sporting life, at the top of the mountain it was like another world  :o

Go Tander  ;D and a soft spot for Mark 'Frosty' Winterbottom, who I met last week in Brissie - he's done it the tough way!

CrowsFan

Gotta say that I hate bathurst! Only motor sport I watch is the F1.
Used to know a bit about this when I was at school cos my friend was a ford nut, so for just that reason I will say ford will win!

Alex7089

I am like CF I watch F1 and on the occasion I watch Moto GP.
But, Bathurst is just ew, the drivers don't even drive the whole race ::)
Although Holden ;D

Master Q

Not in to this stuff. Saw a bit of the Time Trials today though. Don't really follow it but I prefer Ford.

MotoGP all the way!

McRooster

Quote from: Master Q on October 09, 2010, 07:15:07 PM
Not in to this stuff. Saw a bit of the Time Trials today though. Don't really follow it but I prefer Ford.

MotoGP all the way!
Had you picked as a Nissan man, of the Pulsar Q variety  :D

I'm a fan of MotoGP as well! Go Stoner!!!! ;D

Justin Bieber

I don't follow racing :P.

Either way, watching the Commonwealth games ;D. Watching the Aussies dominate 8).

roo boys!

Same, Games for me :D

Well, at least I can get back to it after my sister finishes watching "She's The Man"

McRooster

Geoff 'Skippy' Huegill is an inspiration for all us has beanz, goes to show we can be if we want to be  8)

Alex7089

I love Skippy 8)
Anyone who can drop 40kg's, come back at 31 and win gold at the Commonwealth Games is a huge effort.
Legend.

Hawka

Yep a true aussie legend it would b amzin if he won a olympic medal not nessarcly gold but any would b amazin

Alex7089

Yeah for sure.
He would be 33 by then as well :o

8-6 Suited

The bikes shower me. Formula 1 all the way...

But I am a ford man in the races for sure.

benjy251090

I was meant to be going with a few mates but it was first weekend for cricket  and now they are texting me every 30 mins about how drunk they are and how good it is :'( GO HOLDEN!!!!!

McRooster

OMFG! :o

How the hell did Fabian Coulthard walk away from that!!!

280km/hr left rear tyre blows down conrod, flips and rolls, car disintegrates inside the first lap - Bundaberg Rum not so smooth now  :P

McRooster

Congratulations to Craig Lowndes and Mark Skaife - 2010 Bathurst Champions.

A 1/2 finish for Team Vodafone and Tander 3rd.

8 out of top 10 Holden  8)

Polesitter Winterbottom finished eigth  :(