Tabs DT fanplanner team

Started by Capper, November 04, 2012, 01:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: Barra on November 22, 2012, 04:30:47 PM
Am a fan and like the idea of Clarke, but I'd be a little worried with Dawes there hampering his DT output.
Dawes will platy FF whilst Clarke will be at HF is my thinking. If Clarjke doesnt play R1 then Pav comes in

Capper

So the structure has now changed to a 6-8-2-6 format. Here is my updated team
Salary cap left: $1,800.

Backs : Bryce Gibbs (B/M), Grant Birchall, Domenic Cassisi (B/M), Reece Conca, Daniel Nicholson (B/C), Nathan Bock (B/F); Bench : Kristian Jaksch, Luke Davis,

Mids : Jobe Watson, Gary Ablett Jnr, Trent Cotchin, Luke Ball, Andrew Embley, Koby Stevens, Brad Crouch, Jaeger O'Meara; Bench : Hayden Crozier (M/F), Tim Golds (B/M)

Rucks : Todd Goldstein, Matthew Leuenberger; Bench : Scott Lycett (R/F), Majak Daw

Forwards : Mitchell Clark, Jack Riewoldt, Jarryd Roughead (R/F), Mitch Robison (M/F), Dean Cox (R/F), Mark LeCras; Bench : Brent Macaffer, Brent Staker (B/F)

Changes made:
Jarrod Witts out, Scott Lycett in. Purely for the DPP, if another rookie priced DPP (R/F) is picked R1 then he will come in
Brodie Grundy out, Majak Daw in. I worry about Grundy and Witts at the Pies. Who is the 2nd ruck??
Billie Smedts out, Dean Cox in. Why not, Cox in your fwds. Will swing with Lytcett if required
Mark Nicoskout, Tim Golds in. Extra mid move
Sam Docherty out, Jaeger O'Meara in. Extra mid move as Docherty lost DPP

stew42

Backs: Gibbs, tick. Birchall, slightly smaller tick. Cassisi is big risk. Conca is Mid only. Nicholson seems to be an alright alternative to Pedersen. Bock is another risk. Jaksch and Davis don't have much JS compared to Pittard or Staker. Too much risk for my liking, and without Goddard... 6/10

Mids: Well at least you have a perma-C option in GAJ. Watson and Cotchin are good premos. I'd only have one of Ball or Embley, probably Ball because of his age. Crouch and O'Meara should be locks for everyone, but Crozier and Golds baffle me. I guess it's alright to have someone who has been in the system for a bit, but this is what RLGriffin (from DT Talk) said about Golds: "May get games, may not. Not remotely relevant to anyone in the world of Dreamteam. I spent my time looking at ‘Vested Players’ instead of Tim. You’re welcome. (Sorry Tim)." 6/10

Rucks: Goldy and Leuy are good. Daw is good. I can see Lycett's purpose in your team, but he will never play for WCE in their ruck or fwds. Rowe's a better choice 7.5/10

Fwds: Clark is a huge risk, as we have no idea how he'll go with Dawes. Jack will never be a premium fwd in DT. He'll kick 5 goals and get 70. Roughy is an alright option. Mitch Robinson is definitely a good choice. Cox should do well. Macaffer's JS is a worry, but Staker is good. 7.5/10

Overall: tabs, mate, you're smart (I mean, c'mon, you're a Swans supporter), but how can you make a team like this. Glaring omission of Goddard and crazy silly rookie (Golds, Davis, Crozier) and premo (Cassisi, Conca, Clark, Riewoldt) choices. Also you've used pretty much all of your salary cap. Don't be surprised when you're $300k in the red.  5.5/10

Of course, I'm happy to be proven wrong  ;D

Capper

Cheers Stew for that.

Goddard is on my hate list but will probably be an upgrade target next year. I will have to see how Cassisi will go in the NAB but i think he may be a smokie. Davis would have played this year had he not got injuried from what i hear.

Crozier and Golds are purely there at the moment for the DPP link fwd and back. If better players come up then they will be replace.

I have Rowe in my SC team instead of Lycett and will probably go that way as well in DT.

Clark is a massive risk and if he doesnt play round 1 then he will go out for proabably Pav (if i have the cash). Im expecting Jack to get the Coleman next year easily so thats why i have started him

Mr.Craig

If you are determined to have DPP links then Vlastuin, Mayes, Stringer, Menzel, Gleeson and Kennedy are all Mid/Back or Mid/Fwd eligable and I'd imagine at least a couple of those will prove to be viable Round 1 selections.

It appears at least to me that you've picked players you want to champion rather than necessarily those you think will be the absolute highest scorers in their positions. If that's the way you want to play the game then I'm not here to stand in your way. Ultimately Dream Team isn't much fun if your side is full of players you don't like or don't enjoy watching. However, if your desire is to attain the best possible overall position then you'll need to make some adjustments.

Capper

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 03, 2012, 07:23:45 PM
If you are determined to have DPP links then Vlastuin, Mayes, Stringer, Menzel, Gleeson and Kennedy are all Mid/Back or Mid/Fwd eligable and I'd imagine at least a couple of those will prove to be viable Round 1 selections.

It appears at least to me that you've picked players you want to champion rather than necessarily those you think will be the absolute highest scorers in their positions. If that's the way you want to play the game then I'm not here to stand in your way. Ultimately Dream Team isn't much fun if your side is full of players you don't like or don't enjoy watching. However, if your desire is to attain the best possible overall position then you'll need to make some adjustments.
Stringer was one i was thinking of, Docherty as well but he lost his DPP. Not sure of Vlastuin's JS though.

Goddard just looked like a big sook this year everytime i saw him play. He may turn it around next yea but i think that he will drop in price and then i will get him as an upgrade

stew42

Quote from: tabs on December 03, 2012, 07:31:41 PM

Stringer was one i was thinking of, Docherty as well but he lost his DPP. Not sure of Vlastuin's JS though.

Goddard just looked like a big sook who averaged 97.3 this year everytime i saw him play. He may turn it around next yea but i think that he will drop in price and then i will get him as an upgrade

Fixed :)

Capper

Quote from: stew42 on December 03, 2012, 07:35:28 PM
Quote from: tabs on December 03, 2012, 07:31:41 PM

Goddard just looked like a big sook who averaged 97.3 this year everytime i saw him play. He may turn it around next yea but i think that he will drop in price and then i will get him as an upgrade

Fixed :)
Stated him last year and he got 3 scores over 100 in the first 14 games and finished with 4 x 100s in his last 4 games. Thats why im not starting him

Mr.Craig

He has approximately 2.7 million reasons to stop sooking so I'm hoping he's worth a punt from the get go.

Capper

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 03, 2012, 07:59:13 PM
He has approximately 2.7 million reasons to stop sooking so I'm hoping he's worth a punt from the get go.
yeh i hope so. Next year will be the first time i havent started with him for 3 years

Capper

Updated team now that prices are correct, still no Goddard

Backs : Bryce Gibbs (B/M), Grant Birchall, Dyson Heppell (B/M), Kristian Jaksch, Cameron Pederson, Mitchell Golby; Bench :  Luke Davis, Brett Goodes

Mids : Jobe Watson, Gary Ablett Jnr, Trent Cotchin, Luke Ball, Sam Mayes (M/F), Nick Vlastuin (B/M), Koby Stevens, Brad Crouch; Bench :  Jack Viney, Jaeger O'Meara

Rucks : Todd Goldstein, Matthew Leuenberger; Bench : Sam Rowe (R/F), Liam McBean (R/F)

Forwards : Jack Riewoldt, Jarryd Roughead (R/F), Mitch Robison (M/F), Dean Cox (R/F), Dayne Zorko, Jesse Stringer; Bench : Brent Macaffer, Brent Staker (B/F)

Changes made:
Domenic Cassisi out, Dyson Heppell in.
Reece Conca out, Mitchell Golby in.
Daniel Nicholson out, Cameron Pederson in.
Nathan Bock out, Brett Goodes in.
Andrew Embley out, Jack Viney in.
Hayden Crozier out, Sam Mayes in.
Tim Golds out, Nick Vlastuin in.
Scott Lycett out, Sam Rowe in.
Majak Daw out, Liam McBean in.
Mitchell Clark out, Dayne Zorko in.
Mark LeCras out, Stringer in.

The_Captain

azza707

Quote from: tabs on December 28, 2012, 04:00:20 PM

Backs : Bryce Gibbs (B/M), Grant Birchall, Dyson Heppell (B/M), Kristian Jaksch, Cameron Pederson, Mitchell Golby; Bench :  Luke Davis, Brett Goodes

Mids : Jobe Watson, Gary Ablett Jnr, Trent Cotchin, Luke Ball, Sam Mayes (M/F), Nick Vlastuin (B/M), Koby Stevens, Brad Crouch; Bench :  Jack Viney, Jaeger O'Meara

Rucks : Todd Goldstein, Matthew Leuenberger; Bench : Sam Rowe (R/F), Liam McBean (R/F)

Forwards : Jack Riewoldt, Jarryd Roughead (R/F), Mitch Robison (M/F), Dean Cox (R/F), Dayne Zorko, Jesse Stringer; Bench : Brent Macaffer, Brent Staker (B/F)

Backs: First few are solid,but im worried about Birchalls output with Lake in the side now, will have to watch NAB cup. Although im predicting Suckles to play on the wing and take up Young's role so birchall could be much of the same. Ive gone suckling at the moment. Pederson and Golby are very interesting picks.... ??? I was looking at pedo but when i realised he was 300k it put me off him straight away, and not too sure on Golby, with only 6 defender this year, you gotta make sure you have the best of the best.

Mids: A tad weak imo. youre going to get overrun with players who start 4-5 premos. Think you're focusing to heavily on DPP rather than scoring ability. Like the Koby Stevens pick, im watching him very closely.

Rucks: Solid, probably only 1 DPP will do, im looking at Setanta as hes the one most likely to get games atm if he gets over his ACL injury.

Forwards: Interesting picks in Roughead and JVoldt. Jack could be a decent pick, however its pretty risky and its hard to imagine him averaging over 90. he's the type of forward who relies purely on goals and can get shut out big time, where as forwards like Pav, Buddy can move into the midfield at times and are great tacklers. Roughead i think will personally decrease a little on last years efforts, with Bailey back, may spend more time forward and not be in the midfield as much. I think Zorko is a tad risky but theres no reason why hes not a good pick, with a full preseason this year round could smash it again. Not sure if stringer will play many games but rookies now are pretty much pointless discussing.

One thing to note, if youre looking for DPP, i would seriously look at bringing in Broughton to link up with Staker. Maybe downgrade JVoldt to a Knights/Varcoe/Kennedy and upgrade Jaksch as i cant see him playing many games.

Capper

Scrads

Quote from: tabs on December 28, 2012, 04:00:20 PM

I think this early in the season, the DPP you have is overkill. Usually it is better to start with 30 playing players so you won't really need it early in the season and then it is just a matter of trading some of your mid rookies to gun forwards and moving a M/F rookie to your midfield and creating your own link rather than starting with one in the beginning. I would go in with just one R/F link and maybe one link out of the mids.

Can't complain with your backline but will Jaksch be getting many games ? Golby is a risk but that could very well pay off.

Mids I agree with Azza, need to be a tad stronger I personally would bring in either 1 more gun or at least upgrade Ball to one.

No problem with your rucks, Gold-Burger will be a common duo and with good reason.

I do not like Jack Riewoldt as a DT pick at all but if you think he can be a top 6 forward then go for it. I would also be wary of Roughead, I think if you can pick someone like Rocky or Thomas you will likely be much better rewarded.

Oh, and team needs more Broughton ;)