Tabs DT fanplanner team

Started by Capper, November 04, 2012, 01:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Cheers Scrads and Azza.

My team will consist of Gibbs, Birchall, Heppell, Golby, GAJ, Watson, Cotchin, Goldy, Berger, JROO, Robbo, Cox, Zorko and Roughie the other players i will have to wait and see who plays R1

DT Gun

you dont have to pick goddard

ill take his 110 average this year tho

probably one of the silliest things ive ever read not picking him

Capper

Quote from: DT Gun on December 31, 2012, 01:24:30 AM
you dont have to pick goddard

ill take his 110 average this year tho

probably one of the silliest things ive ever read not picking him
this is why im not picking him
Quote from: tabs on December 03, 2012, 07:47:25 PM
Quote from: stew42 on December 03, 2012, 07:35:28 PM
Quote from: tabs on December 03, 2012, 07:31:41 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 03, 2012, 07:23:45 PM
If you are determined to have DPP links then Vlastuin, Mayes, Stringer, Menzel, Gleeson and Kennedy are all Mid/Back or Mid/Fwd eligable and I'd imagine at least a couple of those will prove to be viable Round 1 selections.

It appears at least to me that you've picked players you want to champion rather than necessarily those you think will be the absolute highest scorers in their positions. If that's the way you want to play the game then I'm not here to stand in your way. Ultimately Dream Team isn't much fun if your side is full of players you don't like or don't enjoy watching. However, if your desire is to attain the best possible overall position then you'll need to make some adjustments.
Stringer was one i was thinking of, Docherty as well but he lost his DPP. Not sure of Vlastuin's JS though.

Goddard just looked like a big sook who averaged 97.3 this year everytime i saw him play. He may turn it around next yea but i think that he will drop in price and then i will get him as an upgrade

Fixed :)
Started him last year and he got 3 scores over 100 in the first 14 games and finished with 4 x 100s in his last 4 games. Thats why im not starting him

SydneyRox

three cracks now Tabs and ni live for any Swan? JPK,jack, even Mummy?

Capper

Here is my updated team removed all rookie listed players
Salary cap left: $143,800.

Backs : Bryce Gibbs (B/M), Grant Birchall, Dyson Heppell (B/M), Hamish Hartlett (B/M), Mitchell Golby, Nick Vlastuin (B/F); Bench : Kristian Jaksch (B/F), Dean Terlich.

Mids : Jobe Watson, Gary Ablett Jnr, Trent Cotchin, Luke Ball, Andrew Embley, Koby Stevens, Brad Crouch, Travis Varcoe (M/F); Bench : Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Viney

Rucks : Todd Goldstein, Matthew Leuenberger; Bench : Sam Rowe (R/F), Jarrod Witts

Forwards : Jack Riewoldt, Dayne Zorko (M/F), Mitch Robison (M/F), Dean Cox (R/F), Brent Staker (B/F), Jake Stringer; Bench : Brent Macaffer, Viv Michie

Changes made:
Domenic Cassisi out, Dyson Heppell in.
Reece Conca out, Hamish Hartlett in.
Daniel Nicholson out, Mitchell Golby in.
Nathan Bock out, Nick Vlastuin in.
Luke Davis out, Dean Terlich in.
Hayden Crozier out, Travis Varcoe in.
Tim Golds out, Jack Viney Andrew Embley in.
Scott Lycett out, Sam Rowe in.
Majak Daw out, Jarrod Witts in.
Mitchell Clark out, Dayne Zorko in.
Jarryd Roughead out, Jake Stringer in.
Mark LeCras out, Viv Michie in.

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 01, 2013, 06:36:39 PM
three cracks now Tabs and ni live for any Swan? JPK,jack, even Mummy?
now 4, no room for JPK, Jack or Mummy in my DT team but i have Jack and Mummy in SC

Adamant

Looks much better now Tabs.

Golby is pretty risky, you'd want him to average 85-90 to be worth it and I can't see him doing that just yet. You have a strong backline already with the 4 guns, so I would downgrade him to a rook and upgrade Embley to Pendles. Nice work.

Capper

Quote from: Adamant on January 10, 2013, 09:23:17 PM
Looks much better now Tabs.

Golby is pretty risky, you'd want him to average 85-90 to be worth it and I can't see him doing that just yet. You have a strong backline already with the 4 guns, so I would downgrade him to a rook and upgrade Embley to Pendles. Nice work.
mid rookies are much easier to upgrade than backs even though i will be losing about 50 points per week

Capper

Less than 24 hours until DT opens, so here is my updated team
Salary cap left: $148,100.

Backs : Bryce Gibbs (B/M), Grant Birchall, Dyson Heppell (B/M), Hamish Hartlett (B/M), Kristian Jaksch (B/F), Nick Vlastuin (B/F); Bench : Dean Terlich, Sam Colquhoun

Mids : Dayne Beams, Gary Ablett Jnr, Brad Ebert, Luke Ball, Lenny Hayes, Koby Stevens, Brad Crouch, Travis Varcoe (M/F); Bench : Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Viney

Rucks : Shane Mumford, Ben McEvoy; Bench : Sam Rowe (R/F), Jarrod Witts

Forwards : Brett Ebert, Tom Rockliff (M/F), Nick Riewoldt, Dean Cox (R/F), Brent Staker (B/F), Jake Stringer; Bench : Brent Macaffer, Matthew Taberner

Changes made:
Mitchell Golby out, Sam Colquhoun in.
Jobe Watson out, Dayne Beams in.
Trent Cotchin out Brad Ebert in.
Andrew Embley out, Lenny Hayes in.
Todd Goldstein out, Shane Mumford in
Matthew Leuenberger out, Ben McEvoy in.
Dayne Zorko out, Tom Rockliff in.
Jack Riewoldt out, Brett Ebert in.
Mitch Robison out, Nick Riewoldt in.
Viv Michie out, Matthew Taberner in.

Scrads

Quote from: tabs on January 31, 2013, 02:52:04 AM

Backs : Bryce Gibbs (B/M), Grant Birchall, Dyson Heppell (B/M), Hamish Hartlett (B/M), Kristian Jaksch (B/F), Nick Vlastuin (B/F); Bench : Dean Terlich, Sam Colquhoun

Mids : Dayne Beams, Gary Ablett Jnr, Brad Ebert, Luke Ball, Lenny Hayes, Koby Stevens, Brad Crouch, Travis Varcoe (M/F); Bench : Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Viney

Forwards : Brett Ebert, Tom Rockliff (M/F), Nick Riewoldt, Dean Cox (R/F), Brent Staker (B/F), Jake Stringer; Bench : Brent Macaffer, Matthew Taberner

Changes made:

Can't fault any of your selections except........ this one :o

Please explain ? haha

Capper

never mind that what happened to your DP??

Port play Dees, Giants, Crows and Suns first 4 weeks. He will atleast score well against Dees and Giants and then i can blow 1 of the 2 trades in R3 on upgrading him unless he makes money

Scrads

Quote from: tabs on January 31, 2013, 02:57:50 AM
never mind that what happened to your DP??

Port play Dees, Giants, Crows and Suns first 4 weeks. He will atleast score well against Dees and Giants and then i can blow 1 of the 2 trades in R3 on upgrading him unless he makes money

Not sure if even he will score that well against those sides mate :(

Changed DP to the new gun in town ;)

Jukes

Brad Ebert
McEvoy and Riewoldt to abuse the Saints early draw
Your ruck combination
Structural sound

Dislike
Brett Ebert; can't see anything in him for 2013, only reason I'd put him in would be to partner his brother
I'd prefer Montagna to Hayes
Rook problems: Jaksch, Staker, Macaffer and Taberner, rate others ahead of Jaksch and can't see the forward rooks playing more than 5 games apiece.

Suggested Alterations
Ebert -> Byrnes
Macaffer, Staker and Taberner -> Lee, Menzel/Daniher and Mayes
Jaksch -> Stevenson, Docherty or Goodes

Maybe do Hayes to Montagna if you want/can afford it.

Ratings
Backs: 8/10
Mids: 8.5/10
Rucks: 9/10
Forwards: 7.5/10
Overall: 8.3/10

SydneyRox

Changes made:

Backs - Still not sure I agree with the anti BJ pretty solid though
Mids - Beams for Watson is a good call, but would like Pendles/Swan more. You really are banking a lot on Ebert to smash the first few rounds otherwise I think you will be a fair way behind the guys who have picked the Swan/Pendles/Cotchin kinda guys. Like Lenny and think he should be right this year.
Rucks - I am not sure what I am saying here, but maybe Mummy out for Luey?? Surely he is not only a massive cash generator but could turn into a bargain keeper, so in DT I would keep McEvoy over Mummy.
Forwards - Dislike Ebert, no matter who they play in the early rounds. Would prefer an SJ or Martin even

Andrew

How about looking at Sipposs instead of Brett Ebert in the forward line? Just $5k more, and if you like easy fixtures early, the Saints have it pretty good too...