Holding Them... I think it will be a problem

Started by Master Q, September 07, 2010, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

GC have a lot of money to splash around because of the high amount of Rookies in their team. But what happens when the Rookies get older, won't they want more money? Could this be a problem?

Hawka

i reckon it may b cos a lot of decent players who started with the blub mayb delisted

Alex7089

Well, basically, they are trying to give the rookies big long contracts, which the rookies take I mean really they want to play AFL as long as possible, so, what they would be hoping would be that by the time these rookies start to run out of contract and want more money stars earning big $$ now will get older and learn less $$.
Plus if they had any sense they would leave some room in their cap ;)

Kazahkstan

Bock's 28 or so. He'll retire in a few years, when a few of the rookies will be in their prime. I would think then they will get a greater salary.

If the rumoured signings in Ablett and Brown go ahead, they're both around 26/7, so will be in a similar situation only a few years later.

There's delistings to consider too.

But yeah, it could be a problem... =/

Master Q

Quote from: Alex7089 on September 07, 2010, 07:33:10 PM
Well, basically, they are trying to give the rookies big long contracts, which the rookies take I mean really they want to play AFL as long as possible, so, what they would be hoping would be that by the time these rookies start to run out of contract and want more money stars earning big $$ now will get older and learn less $$.
Plus if they had any sense they would leave some room in their cap ;)
lol, Then they don't have sense. Rischetelli gets around 500k, and I Imagine Bock would also get something around their. Then theirs Hunt!

Alex7089

Quote from: Kazahkstan on September 07, 2010, 08:09:32 PM
Bock's 28 or so. He'll retire in a few years, when a few of the rookies will be in their prime. I would think then they will get a greater salary.

If the rumoured signings in Ablett and Brown go ahead, they're both around 26/7, so will be in a similar situation only a few years later.

There's delistings to consider too.

But yeah, it could be a problem... =/
But to my knowledge none of the other new clubs had that issue so I think they would of planned to avoid it.