Main Menu

Big Mummy to be a Giant.

Started by Nige, October 02, 2013, 04:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-10-02/big-mummy-to-become-a-giants

Swans premiership ruckman Shane Mumford has accepted an offer to join cross town rivals, the Greater Western Sydney GIANTS.

One of the game's premier ruckmen, Mumford has played 100 AFL games and was a member of the Swans 2012 premiership side.

The GIANTS will now work to facilitate a trade for the out of contract ruckman when the AFL Trade Period starts next week or secure him through the AFL pre-season draft.

Mumford said he was excited to be joining the GIANTS for the next three years.

Jroo

Massive get for the Giants, they needed a ruckmen.

SydneyRox

Mailman the 2nd

SydneyRox

trade radio were talking 30odd and since he can walk into the PS draft we dont have all that much negotiating power

Jroo

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 02, 2013, 05:14:20 PM
trade radio were talking 30odd and since he can walk into the PS draft we dont have all that much negotiating power
Yeah that's what I was thinking, a second round pick will get it done.

colmullet

Good get i think, anyone think he might become more fantasy relevant without having to share with Pyke?

Nige

Quote from: colmullet on October 02, 2013, 06:56:43 PM
Good get i think, anyone think he might become more fantasy relevant without having to share with Pyke?
He's going to be very fantasy relevant, he'll be their No.1 ruck. Will be priced at a 79 average iirc.

BB67th

He could be a very good buy next year. Has a huge ceiling and can have some big games. Depends how they use him and Giles next year. I'm not really sure, does Giles play well as a forward?

Ziplock

Quote from: BB67th on October 02, 2013, 07:01:10 PM
He could be a very good buy next year. Has a huge ceiling and can have some big games. Depends how they use him and Giles next year. I'm not really sure, does Giles play well as a forward?

giles is a pretty decent forward, a solid mark and is really accurate.

Vinny

Wow that is awesome for GWS :)

Nige

Quote from: Ziplock on October 02, 2013, 07:02:39 PM
Quote from: BB67th on October 02, 2013, 07:01:10 PM

giles is a pretty decent forward, a solid mark and is really accurate.
Pretty sure he's had a couple of 4 goal games...

Ziplock

there were a couple of games, especially last year, where if we'd had  2 of giles, we would have won them...

Nige

I just realised this will be Mummy's third club.  :o

Fantasygun