Round 2 Trades

Started by whynot102, March 20, 2021, 11:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 24, 2021, 05:19:04 PM
Quote from: SilverLion on March 24, 2021, 05:07:19 PM

Cheers for the input guys.

This is my team atm.

I'm leaning towards Harmes/Rowell to H Young/D Martin, and keeping Danger for looping.

Other options I've looked at are Harmes/Rowell to Mills/Ziebell or Titch/La Young.

If I trade Danger, I'm forced to field Kosi/Highmore to cover for Harmes. If I keep Danger, I can play Rowe or Scott, who I'm probably more comfortable with.

It leaves me with about 30k in the bank, which I could use to go Daniher to Ziebell next week if I wanted.

Thoughts?
I thought having two missing was bad, 3 though is just extremely unlucky. I'd probably do  Danger to Dunks/Dusty and Rowell to a defender premo (via switching Clark and just field Highmore) or a premo mid. Then next week you can go Harmes to young if he does well again or move him onto Ziebell (via switching ddp players) and get in Jordan.

The fact you don't have Ziebell makes this a fairly easy exercise to fix in 3 trades & that should be the goal. For what it's worth, I think JZ is 50/50 to be a keeper so this is actually a great result.

Rowell to JZ the top priority (250k in the kitty)
Danger to Dusty (70k)
Harmes to Tom Stewart (minus 200k)

That leaves 120k in the bank to fix any other issues, probably be inclined to get Bailey up to Dunkley at some stage.

Bully

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 24, 2021, 05:23:52 PM
I cant decide what im doing with my trades with Rowell and Danger aswell. Here are a few things im considering:
1: Picking two of Ridley, Walsh and Dusty
2: to Taranto and Titch

If i go with option one i cant decide which two to pick. i see Ridley being a handy pick up giving my team more flexibility. Walsh has a higher potential value and average than Dusty, although if Dusty continues to dominate it will hurt my overall rank.

Ridley & Dusty a good show to be top 6 in their respective lines, this would be my preference (although I prefer Stewart in the same price range).

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Bully on March 24, 2021, 05:55:23 PM
I cant decide what im doing with my trades with Rowell and Danger aswell. Here are a few things im considering:

If i go with option one i cant decide which two to pick. i see Ridley being a handy pick up giving my team more flexibility. Walsh has a higher potential value and average than Dusty, although if Dusty continues to dominate it will hurt my overall rank.

Ridley & Dusty a good show to be top 6 in their respective lines, this would be my preference (although I prefer Stewart in the same price range).
Already have stewart. The two main ones i dont have are Daniel and Ridley. Although i agree Dusty will be top 6, im not sure if he'll be consistent enough to pick up now. With Walsh, he has a higher potential to be consistent but im not sure what he'll average.

Bully

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 24, 2021, 06:36:45 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 24, 2021, 05:55:23 PM

Already have stewart. The two main ones i dont have are Daniel and Ridley. Although i agree Dusty will be top 6, im not sure if he'll be consistent enough to pick up now. With Walsh, he has a higher potential to be consistent but im not sure what he'll average.

Definitely plump for Daniel, just think he's more proven in the longer matches, this is a really important consideration.

As for Dusty vs Walsh, I get the reasoning but Dusty may prove really difficult to get in if he smashes it this week, you may find that window closing before culling time. Given the forward line has so few bankable players it might be prudent to get them in early otherwise they may prove elusive.

The mid situation will cyrstalise after this week but Neale/Bont/Merrett look set to drop in price, the same cannot be said for Dunkley/Martin/Zorko.

Colliwobblers

Not sure it matters which way you go.

Dusty is up and down more than most but likely top 6 regardless. i'm upgrading to him last because i don't enjoy rollercoasters :)

What I'd be doing, given your burning two trades (necessarily), is make sure the two INS are keepers and cost you no more trades. So reliability / longevity maybe over absolute ceiling.

Hope you appreciate the feedback took me a long time to get the spelling right on necessarily :D

tkringle

Looking to upgrade Rowell to Titch or another top shelf premium, the only issue is I will need to downgrade a mid pricer to do so.

My options are to downgrade either Tom Green or Liam Duggan to Jordon. Which would you choose?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tkringle on March 24, 2021, 09:46:00 PM
Looking to upgrade Rowell to Titch or another top shelf premium, the only issue is I will need to downgrade a mid pricer to do so.

My options are to downgrade either Tom Green or Liam Duggan to Jordon. Which would you choose?

Don't know much about duggan, but green did not impress, saying that not many did that game.

I'd be reluctant to use up two trades if you can avoid it, might be tempted just to go rowell to jordon.

money doesnt always equal points and banking the cash if jordon scores well onfield saves you a trade and opens up options to avoid this next time you face a forced trade.

in saying that getting a premium keeper is also a valid option, i'd just give it some thought, longer games, faster games, trades may be more valuable than ever this season.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 24, 2021, 09:56:24 PM
Quote from: tkringle on March 24, 2021, 09:46:00 PM

Don't know much about duggan, but green did not impress, saying that not many did that game.

I'd be reluctant to use up two trades if you can avoid it, might be tempted just to go rowell to jordon.

money doesnt always equal points and banking the cash if jordon scores well onfield saves you a trade and opens up options to avoid this next time you face a forced trade.

in saying that getting a premium keeper is also a valid option, i'd just give it some thought, longer games, faster games, trades may be more valuable than ever this season.

::)

Definitely agree about the trades. Longer, faster games with less rotations plus less exposed rookies. Perhaps being over cautious but very seriously considering risking points  V  trades and holding Danger. Sorta like punting on making up more points if the leader board drops back due to lack of trades nearing seasons end as opposed to points lost by being 1 prem down for 3 games at the beginning of the season when things are new in formation and a little inconsistent. Definitely holding this week and therefor no trades.  Selection night pending of course.

:)

Bully

I reckon Danger could fall in price when he gets back, perhaps a nice easy stint up forward to get the engine running.

crowls

Holding on Danger,   time for him to improve recovery from groin.   Losing maybe 150 on points but opens captain loophole rd2 and rookie loophole other weeks.   

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Bully on March 25, 2021, 12:06:24 AM
I reckon Danger could fall in price when he gets back, perhaps a nice easy stint up forward to get the engine running.

:)

Could be right about being up forward, but a first up stint V Nth Melb at Geelong won't do his scoring any harm. He could come back fitter and better after the rest and also hungry as all hell. Looking ahead at Rd.5 reckon I'll more than likely have the VC on Gawn and the big C on Danger. Cheers and all the best mate.

;)

SilverLion

Cheers again guys.

Going Harmes/Rowell to Ziebell/ZWill.

Bully

Quote from: SilverLion on March 25, 2021, 12:27:23 PM
Cheers again guys.

Going Harmes/Rowell to Ziebell/ZWill.

Solid moves & leaves you with a handy war chest.

Hazza09

I’m thinking Rowell - B Smith and possibly A Fyfe - Jordon.

The way I see it is I can use Dangerfield as the loophole and bring in Jordon as my rookie correction. This way I have a extra rookie mid who hopefully can score around the 70-80pts mark.

I know there are questions around Smith and the bulldogs midfield scoring points etc but I watched the replay of the Bulldogs game and Smith looked unreal. No tag on him and he always seemed to be in the right position.

This could all change though if Bergman, Fullarton or Sharp are ommited.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 24, 2021, 08:54:01 PM

Not sure it matters which way you go.

Dusty is up and down more than most but likely top 6 regardless. i'm upgrading to him last because i don't enjoy rollercoasters :)

What I'd be doing, given your burning two trades (necessarily), is make sure the two INS are keepers and cost you no more trades. So reliability / longevity maybe over absolute ceiling.

Hope you appreciate the feedback took me a long time to get the spelling right on necessarily :D
Thanks mate, ill probably end up going Ridley/Wash. However, i have also realised now i could go to Titch/Butters. This would be way more bye friendly (currently only have 2 keeps from the rd 12 bye), however im not sure if getting Butters atm is a good idea