Main Menu

NBA fantasy

Started by Spite, October 11, 2016, 12:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Hey dudes,

Got my draft on Thursday. It's a points based league. Have pick 2 and will take Harden (lack of SG options and he's the best by a country mile in our league)

Just wondering if you had any potential sleepers or players you think will break out this season?

Cheers!

Holz

are you assuming Westbrook goes pick 1?

not sure there is a lack of SG options unless your playing some weird scoring system

De Rozan
Wiggins
Butler

are pretty good

Harden is a hog and is a top 2 pick though, I reckon he goes pick 1 though as is a PG/SG

If your looking for tough postions elite Cs are harder to find i reckon.

Cousins and KAT are the only guys predicted to go in the top 25 with Cousins at 4 and KAT at 20. I reckon cousins aint a bad pick at 2.

even though i think westbrook will kill it.

jvalles69

Hmmm...I would've thought Harden would go first in a standard style draft?  I'm not used to standard as my league has custom cats that favour bigs, so guys like AD and Whiteside are your top picks.

You can either pick the best player available each round or have a plan of who/position you will target each round.  SG's are prob the scarcest quality position.  The good thing about going for Harden is that you wouldn't have to reach for fantastic PG's as Harden assists number will be high, but so will his TO's so you have to take that into account too when drafting the rest of the team.

Top 3 for me would be:

Harden
AD (wouldn't touch him if you can get away with it, injuries and shut down risk are a dog)
Westbrook
Cousins

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 11, 2016, 12:49:46 PM
Hmmm...I would've thought Harden would go first in a standard style draft?  I'm not used to standard as my league has custom cats that favour bigs, so guys like AD and Whiteside are your top picks.

You can either pick the best player available each round or have a plan of who/position you will target each round.  SG's are prob the scarcest quality position.  The good thing about going for Harden is that you wouldn't have to reach for fantastic PG's as Harden assists number will be high, but so will his TO's so you have to take that into account too when drafting the rest of the team.

Top 3 for me would be:

Harden
AD (wouldn't touch him if you can get away with it, injuries and shut down risk are a dog)
Westbrook
Cousins

He is playing in a points league not category.

Harden is the number 1 scorer and a PG/SG so should go pick 1 easy.

If he is at 2 then pick him up.

Westbrook will challenge for the number 1 scorer and i reckon he is top 2 in scoring easy. However Cs are not as deep so i wuold go Cousins over him then pick up another PG.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on October 11, 2016, 12:52:12 PM

Top 3 for me would be:

Harden
Westbrook
Cousins

Westbrook will challenge for the number 1 scorer and i reckon he is top 2 in scoring easy. However Cs are not as deep so i wuold go Cousins over him then pick up another PG.

So is a points league adding up specific cats like say fantasy?  So if Harden's stats were 25pts, 6reb, 10ass, 2stls, 5TO's would = 38?

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 11, 2016, 01:25:10 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 11, 2016, 12:52:12 PM

Top 3 for me would be:

Harden
Westbrook
Cousins

So is a points league adding up specific cats like say fantasy?  So if Harden's stats were 25pts, 6reb, 10ass, 2stls, 5TO's would = 38?

yeah it is and i stuffed up i thought it was points i was looking at but it was actual points score not fantasy, so not sure who the took guy is.

so it might be 1 point for a actual score but then -0.5 for a FGA. So you get basically 1.5 for every 2 hit, 2.5 for every 3 hit but 0.5 off for every miss.

1 point for assist but 2-3 points for block or steal etc..

jvalles69

Ah I see!  Thats much tougher to pick then.  I'll see if some of my tools can work it out. ;)

jvalles69

Yo Spite, give me a list of what each cat is worth point wise and I'll give you some projections.

tor01doc

Any leagues going with space for a rookie?

jvalles69

Quote from: tor01doc on October 11, 2016, 11:48:51 PM
Any leagues going with space for a rookie?

Sorry mate, I only do the 1 with a bunch of guys going on 10 seasons now, there was a few spaces a few weeks ago.  I'm sure there will be a few guys doing them on here in the next few weeks.

Spite

Haha thanks guys I'm cool with who I'll take first,  just wanted some advice on late picks or breakout players! Example being Gary Harris perhaps.

Appreciate the effort though!

For the record, Westbrook is projected to avg 79, Harden 58 in our league but it favours bigs. Derozan projected just 33.

jvalles69

Quote from: Spite on October 12, 2016, 04:43:55 PM
Haha thanks guys I'm cool with who I'll take first,  just wanted some advice on late picks or breakout players! Example being Gary Harris perhaps.

Appreciate the effort though!

For the record, Westbrook is projected to avg 79, Harden 58 in our league but it favours bigs. Derozan projected just 33.

Guys I'd be looking at for breakouts/solid late picks would include: Jeremy Lin, Jabari Parker, Evan Fournier, Dario Saric, Kelly Oubre (only take if available like last round), Jusuf Nurkic, Will Barton, Gallinari if he goes late, Zach LaVine, Tim Frazier, Devin Booker (already broken out, but will be solid), Kent Bazemore, Jordan Mcrae, James Ennis (while Parsons is out).  Not too much on the breakout scene to be honest.  Stick with proven guys who don't spend a lot of time injured, look for guys coming back from lay-offs like Blake Griffin.  I'm a risk taker, but I wouldn't go for more than 2 speculative picks.  And...good luck!  :D

Spite

Thanks mate! Great list of names, will use it for sure! We have massive roster sizes so I'll probably have to take a couple of the names you suggested! :) thanks again!

Levi434

Devin Booker is 1st round worthy. Seriously though the guy is absurd!

jvalles69

Quote from: Levi434 on October 13, 2016, 01:30:32 AM
Devin Booker is 1st round worthy. Seriously though the guy is absurd!

Could make 1st round, but doubt it when you can prob get him in the 2nd or 3rd round depending on league set up.  Why waste your 1st round pick if you can pick him up next, gotta think with your head, not go for the guys you love and reach for them too early.  ;)