NFL Salary Cap League

Started by Mat0369, September 08, 2016, 12:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I'm creating a couple of seperate threads so it's not as cluttered in the Draft league thread.

The link to the page is here

https://sportsdeck.com/au/nfl/dreamteam

and the league code is here

We can leave all discussion for that league/comp in here.

Mat0369

This is how my team sits at the minute. I'm still debating a few positions.

Rodgers (C), Luck (Prescott)
Shady, Miller, David Johnson, Zeke (Lacy, Kelley)
Brown, OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Dez, Jordy (Benjamin, White)
Olsen, Fleener (Ertz)
Walsh (Bucs Kicker)
Philly (Raiders)

$1,430,000 in the bank

I'm debating the following positions

QB 3 - I'm looking at 3 guys here, Prescott, Siemian and RGKnee. I had Prescott but I'm thinking of switching to RGKnee. Basically if Romo comes back Prescott goes to the bench and I have no one to trade him too. Siemian has Lynch pushing him for a starting spot so same deal there. RGIII seems the safest of those guys to start for a long period which means I'll lean towards him.

RB 6 - It's a bench spot but there are a few guys that could start here. We have Henry, West, Michael, Barner and Kelley. All carry risk but also carry huge upside.

WR8 - White has a lot of upside but I'm not sure if he is going to blow up. I'm thinking I just stick with what I have at the WR position.

TE3 - Ertz is pricey and I liked him a lot before the Bradford trade. I'm thinking he might still be good with Wentz looking for his safety valve and the lack of good WR's. TE's can be so volatile so I'm thinking that if one of Ertz/Fleener can pan out until Brady is back I can make the trade to Gronk then. Virgil Green, Dwayne Allen/Erik Swoope, Vance McDonald and Kroft are cheap early season options as alternatives.

K - Hauschka, Walsh and Vinatieri are the 3 I'm considering.

D/ST 2 - I need a back up option for the Eagles and the Raiders seem like they could be winners.

Mat0369

I noticed this when I went to the trade screen as well

https://sportsdeck.com/au/nfl/dreamteam/news?article_id=10

And it turns out those are basically the guys on my list

Mat0369

I'm assuming prices change after the 3rd week? I have RG3timesonIR and need to dump him. The rest of my team looks ok, I made a couple of mistakes on who I started and captain choice. My team is below

Luck, Rodgers (C) - RGKnee
David Johnson, Shady, Zeke, Lamar Miller - Lacy, Michael
Brown, Evans, Hopkins, Jordy, Dez - Benjamin, White
Olsen, Fleener - Ertz
Walsh - Bucs kicker
Philly - Raiders

GM

Mat0369

So Luck as captain the last two weeks pretty much has me out of first place. Trading Fleener for Pitta also hurt considering Fleener finally did something. I'm currently sitting 12th overall which is alright. I'm thinking I hold my trades this week. The only guys I would consider for downgrade options are not exactly downgrades. I'll ride Kevin White for a couple more weeks and turn him into Josh Gordon.

Weirdly enough, the guy sitting in first doesn't have Benjamin, Jordy, Brown, OBJ or Hopkins. The teams in 2 and 3 actually look a hell of a lot better.

We're also the number 1 ranked league currently so we have some good competition for spots.

Mat0369

Has anyone tried using a captain loophole yet?

RiOtChEsS

Mat0369

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 08, 2016, 01:41:39 AM

It's been like that for a couple of weeks  :P

I can't believe it's taken me this long to start loop holing. I feel like a moron considering how I often we use it in SC.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 08, 2016, 01:55:39 AM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 08, 2016, 01:41:39 AM

It's been like that for a couple of weeks  :P

I can't believe it's taken me this long to start loop holing. I feel like a moron considering how I often we use it in SC.
clearly im a moron, is it just for the Friday game or is it available right the way through?

GM

Mat0369

GM which team is yours? I'm trying to figure out who in our league is actually on FF. I know Capper is Farve too drunk and RiOtChEsS is Willa's Wookies. Not sure on the others though.

Also looks like we will still probably be the number 1 ranked league  :P Pity there is no prize money in this comp for that.

GM

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2016, 04:33:09 PM
GM which team is yours? I'm trying to figure out who in our league is actually on FF. I know Capper is Farve too drunk and RiOtChEsS is Willa's Wookies. Not sure on the others though.

Also looks like we will still probably be the number 1 ranked league  :P Pity there is no prize money in this comp for that.
Hey mate
Tex's Patriots is mine

Mat0369

Quote from: GM on October 18, 2016, 09:47:12 PM
Hey mate
Tex's Patriots is mine

I just had a look at the rankings and you're in front of me by 3 points  :P

The league overall has dropped to 4th now even though we have 5 guys in the top 100 and 3 inside 21.

RiOtChEsS

so in order to take the VC score do you need to cop a donut from the non scoring player?