DT and SC change the rules of fantasy footy

Started by m0nty, January 11, 2013, 12:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: SilkySkills on January 18, 2013, 06:06:41 PM
I tihnk DT Elite got the idea off ossie. :O
Nah it would be from NBA, NFL and Baseball Fantasy comps.

DazBurg

isn't it pretty much what ultimate footy does?

Holz

Quote from: SilkySkills on January 18, 2013, 06:06:41 PM
I tihnk DT Elite got the idea off ossie. :O

has been around in the us for a while.

There are some popular NBA leagues where you draft a team and you have keeper players who you keep each year.

Sabretooth Tigers

;)
Good day Monty, really love the site, thanks big time.  Can't find out what the premium next to a coaches name means, can you please help me out with that  ?  Now I would like  to borrow your brain mate. If you were to pick a home and away round aimed purely at gaining the 1k for highest score, which would it be ??? Last season I went for rd 12 and rd 23. For rd 23 I picked the right scenario with Nth + Freo both going for % but it didn't happen. Stuffed up. Rd 12 2525 for 87th, close but no lollies. Sacrificed the overall for this, but not this year. Hope I've put this in the right spot, thanks again, best of luck and and cheers.
??? ??? ??? :)

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on February 07, 2013, 02:40:33 PM
;)
Good day Monty, really love the site, thanks big time.  Can't find out what the premium next to a coaches name means, can you please help me out with that  ?  Now I would like  to borrow your brain mate. If you were to pick a home and away round aimed purely at gaining the 1k for highest score, which would it be ??? Last season I went for rd 12 and rd 23. For rd 23 I picked the right scenario with Nth + Freo both going for % but it didn't happen. Stuffed up. Rd 12 2525 for 87th, close but no lollies. Sacrificed the overall for this, but not this year. Hope I've put this in the right spot, thanks again, best of luck and and cheers.
??? ??? ??? :)

I'll field this one. With the premium I presume you are referring to the + - numbers.

Other members can "cheer" or "boo" you. They do this for a whole number of reasons and your + and - numbers reflects the amount of cheers and boos you have received.

If you were actually asking about being a "Witches Hat Wrangler", it is the rank given to you based on how many posts you've made at FanFooty. As you reach different milestones you receive a different name - for instance when you've made 1000 posts you become a "Coach".

As for trying to get the 1k, the bye rounds seem obvious. I'm sure plenty of people will target Rounds 11 and 13 so it might be worth trying for Round 12 again. Even though most coaches will have the majority of their players available they'll probably be more worried about setting their team up for Round 13 and this might be your chance to strike.

Sabretooth Tigers

Thanks Mr Craig, now I have a better Idea at what I'm doing. Interesting you mentioned the same one I went at last year. Cheers.

Grannyboy

I don't think the 44 trades will make a great difference to the average coach, they're still going to make average decisions with them. I think it will however narrow the gap up the top a bit as repairs can be made to your team all through the season, but the best of them(us) will surely set themselves apart with perfectly timed moves.
Do you pick up Ablett or Swan the week after a calf/hamstring injury, do you get rid of him to start with? Is the potential 200k gain from a rook worth more than a gun who's firing over 3-4 weeks? The good coaches get these trades right time and time again and with more decisions to make surely that would stretch the gap between best and worst coach, wouldn't it?
I just wish whatever they decide, like the game itself, they could just leave it the hell alone for a while so the players can get used to it!
I don't think I could ever like SC more as long as they have the stupid 3300 scoring system in place. Weighted stats are good and everything but how can every game total value be statistically the same? Silly. The Essendon v North clash in '99 should be worth about 7000! The rolling lock out is a concern, that could easily catch me out when I'm AT THE FOOTY! Thanks for supporting me for supporting my club SC! So I have to get the app now along with SCGold to get the latest news and a subscription to read the sports pages...hmm I can see where this is heading. How much will it cost to play next year?

upthemaidens

Grannyboy, it's unlikely HeraldSun will ever charge for people to play SC.  Main reason why, is it would be considered as gambling, which would be alot harder for them to legally run.
      Since they are not a licensed Bookie, the only way they could charge money would be if they ran it like 'Lotto'.
Though then it would have to be proven that its a game of "Luck" rather than "Skill".  Pretty difficult to prove and get legal clearance on, I would of thought.

They will make their money thru coaches having to log on more because of the rolling lockouts. (advertising revenue)
Same reason why DT have unlimited trades, so as too get people logging on for the whole year.

Grannyboy

I'm just having a whinge, every year it seems I need to pay more to play a free game I have virtually no chance of winning.

Is this the reason international sites no longer let us play for the cash even if we have to purchase teams? Is it us that came up with that stupid law or them trying to keep their prizes for their countries' residents? I used to play tffo which was an English newspapers based game that moved online, they charged for teams and there were monthly cash prizes, I loved it then they changed the rules!
I can't see how this is gambling more than entering the pub pool night is. I pay entry fee, play with skill and the best player on the night/week wins cash!
But they certainly seem to do well out of it for a free game. If 25,000 people purchase gold and the app at $22 or thereabouts and the $20 subscription (or whatever it is) to read the news for the season they're looking at $1m+ I just wish there was a bit more to play for week to week and month to month.
So do places like sportsbet run cash leagues? Can you buy teams on there for weekly, monthly and overall prizes? I'm not opposed to paying if there's potentially something in it for me every week. (not just 1st place with 400,000 other teams to compete against.)

upthemaidens

Thats a good point, Sportsbet DONT have cash leagues either.  So it must be some legal reason why its not allowed.

Also on the buying of Apps. and SC Gold and such, i've never purchased any of that stuff and give myself an equal chance of winning (though i'm sure it would be handy to have)...
                                   .. Anyhow its always good to have a whinge  :)

Grannyboy

Yeah I must say this is the first year I've thought about the add-ons like the sc app, gold and assistant coach. I have so many leagues to keep track of any little edge helps atm.
Pity there aren't any official cash leagues playing, I'm sure if it was legal someone would have done it by now.