DT and SC change the rules of fantasy footy

Started by m0nty, January 11, 2013, 12:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Any thoughts on restructuring the boards m0nty? With almost double the trades there'll be a similar rise in trade threads and P&T will become even more congested than before.

PowerBug

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 11, 2013, 04:59:18 PM
Any thoughts on restructuring the boards m0nty? With almost double the trades there'll be a similar rise in trade threads and P&T will become even more congested than before.
This is a good idea. Too much already on the P&T board especially when alot of info on there can be used elsewhere. :)

Capper

Quote from: SilkySkills on January 11, 2013, 05:13:52 PM
This is a good idea. Too much already on the P&T board especially when alot of info on there can be used elsewhere. :)
how would you restructure it??

Capper

Just a thought on the 2 trades per week, "use it or lose it". This could potentially become a great money making idea, better than Sarah Palin's "Print more money" policy.

Before round 3 has started look at you prems and trade to 2 players that are likely to drop the most in price and replace them with players that will make the most money. You could do this the entire year as you now have 2 trades to do with what you want. This will give an advantage to those who have DT gold as all the stats will be there for them to study. For people that dont have DT Gold, they can use m0nty's rollercoaster and bubble boys section.

tbagrocks

I've just thought of something horrifying, double the trades = double the Jormas threads ???

PowerBug

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 11, 2013, 05:19:20 PM
I've just thought of something horrifying, double the trades = double the Jormas threads ???
But what if he has double the teams in 2013? :O

Mr.Craig

Quote from: SilkySkills on January 11, 2013, 05:30:02 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 11, 2013, 05:19:20 PM
But what if he has double the teams in 2013? :O

His head would explode in the first few weeks.

As for the boards, I could see a dedicated fantasy news board for things like team announcements, late outs, injuries etc. which would free up some space in P&T. Obviously the name "Fantasy News" has been taken already but you get my drift.

PowerBug

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 11, 2013, 05:50:48 PM
As for the boards, I could see a dedicated fantasy news board for things like team announcements, late outs, injuries etc. which would free up some space in P&T. Obviously the name "Fantasy News" has been taken already but you get my drift.
Yes, so all those "subs for this game are..". and "OMFG Fyfe is out again" threads. Good idea Craigy. :)

Grazz

Quote from: whatlez link=topic=70504.msg 959762#msg 959762 date=1357876189
What's my favourite game Sportsbet?!?!

Bloody oath, hope they leave that alone, will be my number one game.

Now for my Rant!!

I'm a DT boy i suppose at  heart but enjoy or should say enjoyed playing DT and SC and just excepted the differences in scoring etc and got on with it. Just got my head around a rolling lockout in 2013 and now DT hit us up with unlimited trades screwing over all the die hard coaches that love the challenge limited trades brings to Fantasy Footy, they've taken the one thing i like
out of the game and made it soft and simple, now i'm praying DT Pro or whatever they call it in 2013 is the old school comp or close to it cause i'll be on it. I'll still play this form of DT but more for giggles than blood sweat and tears which it once was. SC would probably be my favourite comp at the minute after whats transpired today i gotta say without knowing what Sportall and Sportsbet etc are doing with their rules. While i'm being honest when i read today's news my 1st thought was "agh stuff it i'll chuck it in, there's no real challenge in it anymore" happy to say that was probably just a spit the dummy reaction but and its a big but i will say i still have lost a massive amount of interest due to simplicity of it now and lack of a challenge and a bit of luck. I'll finish by saying the guys that have won the overall in years gone by, Bravo you did it when it was real tough to do. The die hards made these comps and VS's money by staying involved from rnd 1 to our finals giving them hit after hit and now they've just turned their noses up at us for a better pay cheque.

tbagrocks

I'm not kissing your old arse Grazz :P

Just thought of something, by allowing 44 trades this makes trading rookies for more money the go, meaning the BE's become very important, as fattining cows is not improtant what is, is to keep trading to get the biggest price rises each week, people will need to know the BE's so do need to purchase Assistant Coach $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

GM

Mate,i have noticed a very quiet Grazz today.I bet you have just picked yourself off the floor.
I agree with your thoughts but i feel good players like yourself will still find a strategy to be more successful than most.
Once you except it the mind starts finding ways of getting an edge on the casual player.
Mate ,take the challange and kill it.We need your enthusiam to keep going. :)

Mr.Craig

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 11, 2013, 07:23:40 PM
I'm not kissing your old arse Grazz :P

Just thought of something, by allowing 44 trades this makes trading rookies for more money the go, meaning the BE's become very important, as fattining cows is not improtant what is, is to keep trading to get the biggest price rises each week, people will need to know the BE's so do need to purchase Assistant Coach $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You can get the BE's from the Freako newsletter for free. ;)

Having said that, this will be the first season I get Assistant Coach. Will probably need all the help I can get.

T Dog

Chin up Grazz. I think the advantage this year will be having made the selection first, in the right game. You have 2 trades each week to stay ahead of the pack. Dr DT as an example...can you keep ahead of his advice to the pack or keep 2 good smokies coming in each week?...just needs a new way of looking at the competition I suppose... 8)

Holz

I was like grazz at the start of the day. However there still is skill involved in this comp its just new skills. People say unlimited trades (and i was a few hours ago) but really now its how can i best use all my 44 trades. People will waste them doing straight swaps and chasing rookies but there has to be an optimal way of using the trades to build your squad.

As others have said its basically a sotckmarket game, what you need to do like in shares is be ahead of the game there is still advantages for research and working out who will be good. People will jump on players that pull out a few good scores but you need to work out will it last.

The choice between getting points now or getting more points later (money) will become more important with the value of trades falling.

Im an old school DT player and the changes at first annoyed me but there are new challenges and the player with the car this year will still be a diehard DT player.

m0nty

Quote from: tabs on January 11, 2013, 05:16:43 PM
how would you restructure it??

I'm open to suggestions.