DT and SC change the rules of fantasy footy

Started by m0nty, January 11, 2013, 12:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m0nty

So, a summary of the changes to Dream Team and Supercoach, including where they now differ:

SHARED CHANGES
- New starting 22 structure of 6 backs, 8 mids, 2 rucks, 6 forwards.
- Four emergencies can be set, up from three.
- Best 18 scoring during bye weeks.

DREAM TEAM ONLY CHANGES
- Two trades per week, use it or lose it, up to a total of 44 for the year.
- Only two trades during bye weeks, down from three (not said explicitly in today's email but confirmed on Twitter by Pete Jankulovski of VirtualSports).

SUPERCOACH ONLY CHANGES
- 30 trades up from 24, including three during bye weeks.
- Permanent rolling lock out, so you can make team changes after the start of every round.

I know you guys like bashing each other about the relative merits of the two comps, but now you actually have something real to argue about! Which is better? Which will be more popular? Which will you play more?

kilbluff1985

a monkey will be able to play  DT

This wont make me stop playing either of them i will adapt and use the new rules to my advantage the best i can

PowerBug

Quote from: m0nty on January 11, 2013, 12:31:25 PM
I know you guys like bashing each other about the relative merits of the two comps, but now you actually have something real to argue about! Which is better? Which will be more popular? Which will you play more?
Let the banter........

BEGIN!

Holz

Im a DT player but for the very first time SC looks good. Its a pitty there scoring method is bad, really know its down to bad rules and bad scoring system v good scorign system and terrible rules.

LF

DT is ruined now 2 trades a week where is the strategy now?
Having limited trades that carry over each week making sure you don't use them all too early,trying to save trades for finals etc is all part of the game.
Basically if someone gets injured for a couple of weeks you could trade them out and back in again easily now.
Made the game way to easy for people.

Glad SC is staying with the same trade structure like that they have given us some extra trades and going with the 4 bench emergencies.

jimmytigs

im with kidbluff,sc will still be my #1 as always but sportal afl fantasy may now become #2 ahead of dt if they havent flowered their game up so much.fyi sportal is harder to win than both the other 2 as only hardcore players find it,so while you might have 6 nongs in a sc league & up to 10 or more in a dt league at sportal you have a competetive game every week almost.This could be an answer for those of us who like some skill involved,but wait on their rule changes also,they seem to be pretty closely related to dt.

SydneyRox

They really are just trying to get as many web hits for as long into the season as possible??

SC was just a play thing for me the last few years, but will end up as my focus the way the DT rules are going.

I could live with the rolling lockout, but 44 trades is just stupid

Capper

Are they trying to get more people to buy the Supercoach ap on the phone?? It seems thats what they are trying to do.

Regarding SC, i would like to see how the servers go week 1 as i can see them going down a couple of times over the weekend. With 200,00+ people constantly updating teams this is doomed IMO, i hope they know what they are doing.

Regarding DT, 2 trades a week "use it or lose it" is a joke. Are we trying to make this game for pre-schoolers or for everyone. It was bad enough last year when they brought in the "Heath Shaw" button for people who couldnt wait to do their trades, then reverse them, then do them again and reverse them again.

Are they trying to tailor this game to people who spend all weekend on their computers and dont actually go outside to see what the sun actually looks like. Is a car actually worth ignoring everything else for. Mind you with a name like mine, "Nigel" it might be more tailored to people like me and my friends  ;)

Justin Bieber

PowerBug

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 11, 2013, 02:04:39 PM
They really are just trying to get as many web hits for as long into the season as possible??
I think SydRox has hit the nail on the head. (Or hit Nails on the head, either would be a good result :P)

Money money and more money, that's all AFL want.

Justin Bieber

Monty, do you have any idea what the other competitions will be? Sportsbet and Virtual Sports fantasy competitions?

tbagrocks

Yep apparently 1.3 bikkion wasn't enough ::) Pity buisness f*******s don't know how to leave a game alone! Including the AFL it's self

Ziplock

Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 01:05:14 PM
Im a DT player but for the very first time SC looks good. Its a pitty there scoring method is bad, really know its down to bad rules and bad scoring system v good scorign system and terrible rules.

^ basically.

looks like 2012 did happen- the world has ended.

I hate the lack of transparency in the supercoach scoring system... I mean, I'll wait until the end of the season before fully casting my judgement on this, but atm... not a fan.

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on January 11, 2013, 03:04:19 PM
Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 01:05:14 PM

^ basically.

looks like 2012 did happen- the world has ended.

I hate the lack of transparency in the supercoach scoring system... I mean, I'll wait until the end of the season before fully casting my judgement on this, but atm... not a fan.

im trying to organise a thing on here for the seriosu dters were we run leagues but with a 20 cap on trades not 44 or 46 or something stupid.

m0nty

Quote from: whatlez on January 11, 2013, 02:57:08 PM
Monty, do you have any idea what the other competitions will be? Sportsbet and Virtual Sports fantasy competitions?

Dunno. Some of them might even move away from VS altogether, though that's more likely for 2014.