Main Menu

6-8-2-6 Structure Confirmed!

Started by kilbluff1985, November 29, 2012, 11:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

These rules are just aimed at making it easier for people that dont have a clue and loose interest quickly.
Make rule changes that improve the game not just ones that make it easy for everyone  ::)

nostradamus

Quote from: quinny88 on November 30, 2012, 12:50:02 AM
These rules are just aimed at making it easier for people that dont have a clue and loose interest quickly.
Make rule changes that improve the game not just ones that make it easy for everyone  ::)

and to keep us online a hell of alot longer too :(

quinny88

Quote from: nostradamus on November 30, 2012, 12:57:35 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on November 30, 2012, 12:50:02 AM

and to keep us online a hell of alot longer too :(

Yeah, its just a ploy to keep the attention of the coaches that make a team round 1, do a few crappy trades, run out half way through the year and then dont look at their team again. Now they can do their crappy trades nearly all year long  ::)

PowerMan

wow, some big changes for 2013. some liked, some not.

when will this be implemented by the fanplanner?

kilbluff1985

those that keep trades for finals will still benefit no reason you cant still have 10 trades left for finals next season

kilbluff1985

Quote from: PowerMan on November 30, 2012, 01:08:27 AM

fanplanner already updated

nostradamus

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 30, 2012, 01:09:22 AM
those that keep trades for finals will still benefit no reason you cant still have 10 trades left for finals next season

no but it'll make having 8 a realistic possibility

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nostradamus on November 30, 2012, 01:10:50 AM

most people had 2-4 by finals so i'd say 10 is not out of reach typing this i realize 10 would be useless it's late lol

nostradamus

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 30, 2012, 01:14:11 AM

most people had 2-4 by finals so i'd say 10 is not out of reach typing this i realize 10 would be useless it's late lol

l had 0 left for finals last season.....but had excellent cover on all lines

quinny88

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 30, 2012, 01:14:11 AM

Haha no point having 10 if ya can only use 8.
And reading the article the number of trades are going to be relevant to player prices arent they?
Sounds like we will need the trades as it will be harder to create a finished team. Maybe theres also an extra trade or 2 thrown in for the trigger happy coaches which I dont agree with

PowerMan

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 30, 2012, 01:10:16 AM
Quote from: PowerMan on November 30, 2012, 01:08:27 AM

fanplanner already updated

8) 8)

Mr.Craig

I can understand the desire to make the game more accesible in order to grow the brand. But then you have rolling lockouts which tip the scales towards the obsessives who basically do nothing but sit on their devices every weekend for 6 months.

As for the 30 trades, can you imagine the increase in trade threads here? :'(

Grazz

Rolling lockout is rubbish id say 90% of coaches would agree.
The rest i can live with, 30 trades with the Magic Number lifted will ensure nobody has a list full of premiums by round 13.  :P

6-8-2-6 structure i like. :)

4 emergencies, this is long overdue. :D

Best 18 over the byes is ok, solves the sugar rush from eating donuts for 3 weeks.A better alternative to the carnage of last year.

All in all what can you say but its even for everyone bar the rolling lockout. Feel for the coaches that work or have to work on the weekend or have family commitments etc. Sets it up for the coach with no life who is able to sit by his computer all weekend making all the relevent changes as required and tough  for everyone else.

Presto

I am not to sure I approve of all these changes:

4 Emergencies â€" I dont think it really will affect good players' games. It just makes the game easier. Not terribly happy, but I can leave with it.

30 Trades â€" Far too many. especially since there wont be any special need (like last year) to trade during the MBRs. Again it  makes the game easier. Again not terribly happy, but I can leave with it.

6-8-2-6 Structure â€" PERFECT!!!  :)  GREAT!!!  :)  Now we can have more MID rookies and less FWD or DEF rookies.

Best 18 players during MBR’s â€"  A much better solution than last year, which by the way, eliminates the need of forced trades.

Rolling Lockout â€" Not to my liking. I dont spend my week ends glued to the computer. Does this mean that the vice captain loop hole will be available during all the week end/ (and every week ends?) 

So for me two great solutions, two so and so and a disaster.

Ziplock

nah, it wont be that much of an issue- firstly the rolling lockout benfits dedicated DTers, secondly they'll adjust the magic number... so basically we'll be able to get less premiums into our initial side, meaning we'll need most the extra trades for upgrades.