Horse Racing Thread

Started by tbagrocks, February 23, 2013, 05:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BratPack

Ahhh it's that time of year again

BratPack's super short Melbourne Cup Preview

1. Hartnell: Ran its race last year and still faded out. Now carrying 57.5? Nope not here

2. Almandin The defending champ looking to become the next Makybe Diva. I'm not as confident this year as I was last year, but you still have to put in the chances.

3. Humidor Not for me. It ran its race in the Cox and it's never been past 2400.

4. Tiberian Someone saw something in him. But a combination of distance query plus drawing the Mad Mouse at the Showgrounds means I'm passing on it.

5. Marmelo Looked good rattling home in the Caulfield Cup, and won the race Protectionist did winning the Cup. Probably needs to be on speed though and I question whether it can get a spot from 16. Still probably have to have it though.

6. Red Cardinal It'll get 3200. But considering it drew the car park it's probably going to have to run 4000. Right jockey for the job though.

7. Johannes Vermeer: Nope. The Caulfield was its target. This is just making up the numbers.

8. Bondi Beach Beaten well the last two years when in much better form. Pass

9. Max Dynamite: I still don't think a former hurdler can win the Melbourne Cup but it did come close last time it was here. Each way.

10. Ventura Storm Hard to know what to make of it. It does have staying form but that Caulfield Cup run was awful. I think it may have run its race against Winx. Pass.

11. Whoshotthebarman Scratched

12. Wicklow Brave Well it didn't draw the car park this year so that's something. But I can't see a 9 year old winning the Cup. Maybe multiples.

13. Big Duke Right trainer. Wrong Horse. This ain't Prince of Penzance folks. You don't go from beaten 5 in the Bendigo Cup to winning the Melbourne Cup. Pass.

14. US Army Ranger I didn't like it BEFORE it drew the Animal Enclosure at the Showgrounds. Just guess what I think of it's chances now?

15. Boom Time Ran its race in the Caulfield. Nope.

16. Gallante It will get 3200. That's the only good thing I can say about it. Hell no.

17. Libran Did come second in the Sydney Cup over the distance. But that was on a mudpit. Can't see it here.

18. Nakeeta Has the right form coming in. I query if its another Heartbreak City though. Might be something to throw in there for value.

19. Single Gaze Was eyecatching in the Caulfield and generally battles on. Can't see it getting 3200 though. Nope.

20. Wall of Fire It'll get the 3200. Class is a slight question but I think it's one of the top chances

21. Thomas Hobson: A. Hurdler. Will. Not. Win. The. Melbourne. Cup.

22. Rekindling Lightweight. Looks like it's asking for 3200. But very very green. I'll still be on each way. But I think 2018 is a better shot for it.

23. Amelie's Star Nope. Not classy enough and big doubts over the distance.

24. Cismontane Lexus winner. Guess where that leaves it with me? If they paid on first past the post with a lap to go then yes. Otherwise bugger off.

Tips in no particular order
2. Almandin
5. Marmelo
9. Max Dynamite
20. Wall of Fire
22. Rekindling

shaker

Not much of a gambler on the G Gee's but always have a flexi trifecta on the cup this year have gone with 2,5,6,20,22,23 for $25 for a return of 20.83% have never won since I started doing it many years ago maybe this year  :P good luck to all ;)

Torpedo10

BratPack

Lesson for today: Never trust your old man when he says he'll put on your bets for you.

Tipped the winner. Only he didn't put my tips on properly and put on Thomas Hobson and not Rekindling  >:(