Trashbaggies 2020

Started by timtim, March 12, 2020, 01:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timtim

First year not going GnR and not set and forget rucks....

DEF
Laird, Houston, Doch, Noble, Zerk, Starcevich (Brander, Greaves)

MID (batting deep here)
Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Tmitch, Bont, Oliver, Rowell, Green (Pickett, Robertson, Budarick)

RUC
Grundy, Naismith (Xerri)

FWD (mid-price madness)
Dusty, Brayshaw, Steven, Devon, Rankine, Taylor (Geordiatitties, King)

Money Shot

In terms of the selections themselves I really like this team. In saying that if I was starting Naismith I would really want to only be starting one forward rookie.

I’d drop your least favourite mid premium to Mead (as a place holder) and upgrade Taylor/Georgedias to Whitfield. He will be a top 2 forward come seasons end and I’d much prefer Pickett on my field than Rankine etc

timtim

Quote from: Money Shot on March 12, 2020, 02:15:42 PM
In terms of the selections themselves I really like this team. In saying that if I was starting Naismith I would really want to only be starting one forward rookie.

I’d drop your least favourite mid premium to Mead (as a place holder) and upgrade Taylor/Georgedias to Whitfield. He will be a top 2 forward come seasons end and I’d much prefer Pickett on my field than Rankine etc

My only concern is will Whitfield play enough games? And feels like too much uncertainty he’ll average the same given the existing midfield talent at GWS

No doubt he’ll be top 3 forward this year, but I feel his output will be lower and hence cheaper?

That said, Uber perm to Mead might be required to upgrade Xerri to gawn... might be getting cold feet lol

Mat0369

If you're starting Naismith you need to start Ceglar. You need a back up plan if Naismith fails and based on his price it will be near impossible to fix it without burning 2 trades.

timtim

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 13, 2020, 02:38:35 AM
If you're starting Naismith you need to start Ceglar. You need a back up plan if Naismith fails and based on his price it will be near impossible to fix it without burning 2 trades.

Stevens to Ceglar done. But any concerns on Ceglar going backwards once the McEvoy experiment is over?

Perhaps a lock for F6 by season end with backup RUC cover at best?

LordSneeze

Quote from: timtim on March 15, 2020, 11:02:06 PM

Stevens to Ceglar done. But any concerns on Ceglar going backwards once the McEvoy experiment is over?

At worst Ceglar should be good for a F7 end of year spot or F6. He has potential to average 85+ which might be good enough as a F6.
If you take a risky ruck I feel you need to take a backup option too.
Agree that dropping a mid and upgrading FWD or DEF would be smart. Pickett is a must on field as 80% of people that have him will be fielding him and he has shown the ability to score well.

arbel

Quote from: timtim on March 15, 2020, 11:02:06 PM

Unfortunately if you go down the Naismith path you need that ruck cover.