Main Menu

TV Series: Warning - Spoilers Inside

Started by monstrum, October 06, 2012, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

Quote from: Jayman on October 13, 2014, 08:52:06 PM
Not sure if many watch X-Factor, but how the flower did Brothers 3 get into the Grand Final?

They are so shower compared to the rest...
My friend got me to watch this ep... I thought they should have been gone out of the performers left... Given I liked the girls more for a while now haha. I just never got into the brothers but can imagine the support they must be getting.

Given agree with Nige, Dean probably the most equipped out of the three left to take on the industry straight away :-X.

kilbluff1985

shouldn't of been eating dinner while watching twd

Jay

Quote from: Nige on October 13, 2014, 09:17:20 PM
Not sure if many watch X-Factor, but how the flower did Brothers 3 get into the Grand Final?

You've got to realise that you whether you want to believe it or not, you're in a minority. They have a ridiculous fan base in terms of numbers.

I'm still hoping Dean wins, he has what it takes to make it.

Marlisa is too young, only 15, still has her schooling life ahead of her and she won't make it in the industry.

Brothers 3 aren't bad, but they're trying to turn them into something they're not so that if they do win they work out for the better in the industry because they're original act is too unique/different to make it.

Just generally not a fan of the idea of Dannii winning two seasons back-to-back, especially when you consider both times it would be with acts she didn't pick in her final three herself. Dami only got in because Matt pulled out last season and Brothers 3 were the wildcard.
Sure, they might have a big fan base but I'm talking ability. They were clearly the worst of the top 4. Reigan, Dean and Marlisa are all better vocally and in their performances. Heck even Jason who went weeks ago was more talented than the Brothers. Danii admitted as much by not even having the Brothers in her top 3.

If Brothers 3 win it, I can guarantee they will be far from successful in the music industry. People might vote for them because they're interesting and unique but there's a reason why their style isn't in the charts.

Its a crime that Reigan isn't in the final, she clearly was the most equipped to make it in the music industry - in my opinion she's second only to Guy Sebastian for the best performer to ever enter a singing show. Marlisa is great, but 15 is way too young and Dean just screams Altiyan 2.0

Won't be watching the final.

Noz

Don't know how many people knew this but Gareth and Alex were brothers and Mary was their mum.

Vinny

None of those guys will make it internationally because Australia can't vote. People just play favourites and don't look at who can make it big overseas. Older people go and see there is a lady and she is there to provide for her family and vote for her. She may have a great voice but the chance of her being the next big thing is unlikely. There are a few scenarios like this. You can complain that it's not all about how you look but it's the voice. It isn't though anymore..it sucks but it's how it is..

Guy Sebastion is the only Australian to be successful to an extent overseas. I don't watch the show so I don't know what is going on and who is left, but my point stands. :P

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on October 13, 2014, 09:36:00 PM

You've got to realise that you whether you want to believe it or not, you're in a minority. They have a ridiculous fan base in terms of numbers.

Marlisa is too young, only 15, still has her schooling life ahead of her and she won't make it in the industry.

Brothers 3 aren't bad, but they're trying to turn them into something they're not so that if they do win they work out for the better in the industry because they're original act is too unique/different to make it.

Just generally not a fan of the idea of Dannii winning two seasons back-to-back, especially when you consider both times it would be with acts she didn't pick in her final three herself. Dami only got in because Matt pulled out last season and Brothers 3 were the wildcard.
Sure, they might have a big fan base but I'm talking ability. They were clearly the worst of the top 4. Reigan, Dean and Marlisa are all better vocally and in their performances. Heck even Jason who went weeks ago was more talented than the Brothers. Danii admitted as much by not even having the Brothers in her top 3.

If Brothers 3 win it, I can guarantee they will be far from successful in the music industry. People might vote for them because they're interesting and unique but there's a reason why their style isn't in the charts.

Its a crime that Reigan isn't in the final, she clearly was the most equipped to make it in the music industry - in my opinion she's second only to Guy Sebastian for the best performer to ever enter a singing show. Marlisa is great, but 15 is way too young and Dean just screams Altiyan 2.0

They're not the best vocally, but that's the problem when the public is left to vote on what is supposed to be a singing/performing show to find Australia's next big artist with 'the x factor'.

Reigan was only so good because she's been in the industry and is experienced, which showed time and time again. If she won though, it'd be Samantha Jade all over again, not a great look imo having the experienced overs contestant who was already in the industry take out the show.

Jay

Quote from: Nige on October 13, 2014, 09:52:30 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 13, 2014, 09:36:00 PM

They're not the best vocally, but that's the problem when the public is left to vote on what is supposed to be a singing/performing show to find Australia's next big artist with 'the x factor'.

Reigan was only so good because she's been in the industry and is experienced, which showed time and time again. If she won though, it'd be Samantha Jade all over again, not a great look imo having the experienced overs contestant who was already in the industry take out the show.
Agreed. It isn't a show to find the next superstar, its just a popularity contest. Which is a shame because acts that have superstar potential aren't being given the proper chance to succeed. They really need to reassess the way voting works - can't leave a major decision to giddy teenage girls. This is about having the X-factor, something special, not just another dumb group of boys who don't even sing well.

Found it amusing that Danii's hatred for Reigan translated to voting her off instead of the screechy 15 year old.

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on October 13, 2014, 10:04:16 PM
Found it amusing that Danii's hatred for Reigan translated to voting her off instead of the screechy 15 year old.
Yeah, that was bad.

The Voice is a better show for finding an act.

Idol was pretty good with it too, it worked well here and especially America.

Jay

Quote from: Nige on October 13, 2014, 10:07:22 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 13, 2014, 10:04:16 PM
Yeah, that was bad.

The Voice is a better show for finding an act.

Idol was pretty good with it too, it worked well here and especially America.
She basically bullied Reigan, was just disgusting. Now she may have cost Australia an international quality act. How anyone can think Marlisa is a better performer than Reigan is just insane. She hits big notes but no tone.

Given, Reigan was unlucky that she was stuck with the worst coach of the lot.

Was so much better with Guy and Mel B.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Noz on October 13, 2014, 09:43:41 PM
Don't know how many people knew this but Gareth and Alex were brothers and Mary was their mum.

Were or are? ;)

tbagrocks

Q. What is wrong with half of these shows?

A. I don't know, wouldn't watch em

Noz

Quote from: whatlez on October 14, 2014, 12:27:09 AM
Quote from: Noz on October 13, 2014, 09:43:41 PM

Were or are? ;)

Well Alex is dead I doubt Mary is

Jukes

Can I assume this The Big Adventure show is an almost exact rip-off of survivor?

I'm surprised, seven never steal ideas for shows from other stations.

Nige

Quote from: Jukes on October 14, 2014, 01:29:26 PM
Can I assume this The Big Adventure show is an almost exact rip-off of survivor?

Kinda, it's like the Survivor meets The Mole meets Wipeout meets The Amazing Race made by the creators or My Kitchen Rules and House Rules.

Make of that what you will.

I'll be giving it a chance though.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nige on October 14, 2014, 01:36:16 PM
Quote from: Jukes on October 14, 2014, 01:29:26 PM

Kinda, it's like the Survivor meets The Mole meets Wipeout meets The Amazing Race made by the creators or My Kitchen Rules and House Rules.

Make of that what you will.

I'll be giving it a chance though.

When is it on?