International Cricket Thread

Started by Bill Manspeaker, June 10, 2014, 03:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Haha Stokes hit in his big chin by the ball boy what a jerk keep your eye on the ball instead of abusing the kid

PowerBug

www.cricket.com.au/news/england-captain-alastair-cook-steps-down-cricket-strauss-graves-cricket/2017-02-06

England will have a new leader at the helm for next summer’s Ashes series after Alastair Cook today stepped down from the captaincy.

The England and Wales Cricket Board confirmed they’d accepeted Cook’s resignation as Test captain, ending his 59-Test, four-and-a-half-year reign.

:o :'(

shaker

Quote from: PowerBug on February 06, 2017, 09:49:54 PM
www.cricket.com.au/news/england-captain-alastair-cook-steps-down-cricket-strauss-graves-cricket/2017-02-06

England will have a new leader at the helm for next summer’s Ashes series after Alastair Cook today stepped down from the captaincy.

The England and Wales Cricket Board confirmed they’d accepeted Cook’s resignation as Test captain, ending his 59-Test, four-and-a-half-year reign.

Can't blame him who would want to be in charge for the ass whooping coming in the ashes  :P

Jukes

Quote from: shaker on February 07, 2017, 09:33:47 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on February 06, 2017, 09:49:54 PM

Can't blame him who would want to be in charge for the ass whooping coming in the ashes  :P

Probably the right decision, as long as Rooty is up to it. Not being captain could potentially prolong his career a few more years and towards Sachin's record. Last Ashes series he wasn't captain he only hit a lazy 766 runs at an average of almost 130 ;)

Hawka

The greed of India finally playing Bangladesh,Cmon Tigers!!

Jukes

Aaaaand India are 356/3 :/

No surprise who's leading the way for India aha - Kohli is a freak

Hawka

Bangladesh have improved immesnely in the last 2 years, long way to go though and India away is a huge task
I am a massive fan of Bangladesh though and the new test system will only help them
getting wins in Bangladesh will be quite difficult for non asian teams

Bill Manspeaker

Nige

Every single batsman apart from Rahul got no less than 80, that's crazy.

Kohli with another double ton too, that man is really really good. 

Gigantor

http://www.espncricinfo.com/wicb-regional-4-day-2016-17/engine/match/1071093.html

Check out Guyana's first innings, Shiv and his son both got 50's haha, can't imagine thats happened before in a first class match  ;D

PowerBug

Quote from: Gigantor on March 14, 2017, 07:29:13 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/wicb-regional-4-day-2016-17/engine/match/1071093.html

Check out Guyana's first innings, Shiv and his son both got 50's haha, can't imagine thats happened before in a first class match  ;D
I was reading an article waiting to see that line, but it didn't pop up anywhere :o Can't see it being that common haha

PowerBug

Bangladesh beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka! :o As such Bangladesh > Australia right? ;)

(P.S. I already am aware that Bangladesh > England I can admit that :P)

Hawka

Quote from: PowerBug on March 19, 2017, 10:22:02 PM
Bangladesh beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka! :o As such Bangladesh > Australia right? ;)

(P.S. I already am aware that Bangladesh > England I can admit that :P)
Bangladesh could of beaten us if we toured in 2015
Looking likely we will tour later this year, will be tough

PowerBug

First day of the county season, and Gary Ballance is back 8) Hopefully a repeat of his 2013 season is in store.

Ben Coad bowled well to take 5fer in his 2nd ever County match as well, off only 8 overs!

PowerBug

Quote from: PowerBug on April 08, 2017, 11:42:27 AM
First day of the county season, and Gary Ballance is back 8) Hopefully a repeat of his 2013 season is in store.

Ben Coad bowled well to take 5fer in his 2nd ever County match as well, off only 8 overs!
And 3rd match now and he brings up his 2nd century of the season! This one arguably better as Lyth, Root, Handscomb and Bairstow could only manage single figure scores.

That 2013 form is returning boyssss :D :D :D