International Cricket Thread

Started by Bill Manspeaker, June 10, 2014, 03:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

2-0 in the series and they still don't wanna give Ballance a game ::) :'(

T Dog

Quote from: PowerBug on January 22, 2016, 06:48:20 PM
Quote from: T Dog on January 22, 2016, 03:34:59 PM
Is that a picture of Mike Atherton in his prime?  ::)
Gary Ballance buddy 8) Who is yet to reach his prime ;)

Are you sure mate. Looks a lot like Atherton.  Of course a mirror would have been involved if it is him   :-[

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: T Dog on January 22, 2016, 09:11:18 PM

Are you sure mate. Looks a lot like Atherton.  Of course a mirror would have been involved if it is him   :-[
I've got a wall sized mirror in my room and I used to get stigged and watch the cricket through it. Michael Clarke made a sexy left handed batsman and Mike Hussey was awesome as a righty ;D

T Dog

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on January 22, 2016, 09:19:47 PM

I've got a wall sized mirror in my room and I used to get stigged and watch the cricket through it. Michael Clarke made a sexy left handed batsman and Mike Hussey was awesome as a righty ;D

Stigged...pmsl.."I am the Stig"  ;D

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: T Dog on January 22, 2016, 09:24:15 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on January 22, 2016, 09:19:47 PM

Stigged...pmsl.."I am the Stig"  ;D
haha I definitely was the Stig ;D

Jukes

Cooky only 51 runs away from hitting 10k...at only 31 I'd say he's a very decent chance at Sachin's record

He has 10k in under a decade too, Sachin had 16k in 24 years and Ponting 13k in 17 years

PowerBug

Quote from: Jukes on January 24, 2016, 03:41:10 AM
Cooky only 51 runs away from hitting 10k...at only 31 I'd say he's a very decent chance at Sachin's record

He has 10k in under a decade too, Sachin had 16k in 24 years and Ponting 13k in 17 years
If only he didn't have his lean patch. :( if Cooky makes it to 39 then bye bye Sachin, otherwise we are going to need to see some big years from him. Funny thing is if he was to make it past would he be considered the best ever? Probably not which shows why Sachin also shouldn't be ;)

Jukes

Id say he can play until 39, he isn't a little dog like Clarke is, although it probably won't be too long until he relinquishes the captaincy to Root.

And does anybody other than super bias Indians think Tendulkar is goat? Bradman is rather undisputed from batsmen, with Botham ARs, Ambrose/Broad fasts, and Warnie spin.

Ringo

No argument with Bradman
Sobers over Beefy as A/R
Take your pick out of Lillee, Holding, Hall, Griffith or Snow for fasts,
Would maybe even consider Lance Gibbs over Warne but not too fussed.

Just to get the debate going.  My age may have something to do with it as I have seen all players except Bradman.  And while we are at it who would you put in as keeper,  Know the role is more a keeper/batsemn these days but as pure gloveman hard to separate Wally Grout or Allan Knott.

PowerBug

Woah surely Kallis gets a mention. The bloke is one of the best BATS to have played and he took 300 wickets to boot. To average so high with the bat and then bowl is pretty incredible.

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on January 24, 2016, 04:19:26 PM
Woah surely Kallis gets a mention. The bloke is one of the best BATS to have played and he took 300 wickets to boot. To average so high with the bat and then bowl is pretty incredible.
Agreed. He and Sobers are far superior to Botham.

Ringo

Quote from: Jayman on January 24, 2016, 04:28:14 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 24, 2016, 04:19:26 PM
Agreed. He and Sobers are far superior to Botham.
Forgot Kallis but Sobers is still in front.  He was a true all rounder could bowl fast medium, orthodox and also the chinaman in the one game.  have yet to see a bowler be able to that in the modern era.  His batting first class as well.

Jukes

Are we forgetting how Botham had the power to single-handedly rip open a test match time and time again? 7/109 and run-a-ball 50 and 149* against Aus recently voted the second greatest test performance of the last 50 years, but then you have to go all the way to #5 to find the time he took 13/106 and hit 114 against India. If it wasn't for injuries his bowling average would've been low-20s. If I had to pick one AR to play for me in one test, it's Beefy comfortably.

Bill Manspeaker

I didn't see either of Sobers or Botham but Sobers is regarded as the best. Botham is one of the greats too. I'd take Kallis over both

Ringo

Sobers was the first player to hit 6 sixes off an over.  Had seen him and he had the ability to change a match.