International Cricket Thread

Started by Bill Manspeaker, June 10, 2014, 03:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

India are absolutely destroying the Poms atm

0/176, Rahane just notched up his maiden ODI ton, with Dhawan 68 not out at the other end

need 31 from 133 balls

PowerBug

Adam Lyth and Adil Rashid are so good.

Nige

Aaron Finch is Australia's new T20 captain.  8)

BB67th

Ajmal has been suspended for having an illegal action. This is a big boost for the Aussies in the UAE series.

I've always thought he chucked the ball, it's quite amazing that only now all these spinners are being tested, and a majority of them are found to have an illegal action.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/2014/9/9/saeed-ajmal-icc-suspect-bowling-action-verdict

Ringo

Thoughts on Cameron Boyce being included in the T20 squad. Looked good in the Big Bash earlier this year as an attacking Leg Spinner.

Jay

Quote from: Ringo on September 09, 2014, 05:47:53 PM
Thoughts on Cameron Boyce being included in the T20 squad. Looked good in the Big Bash earlier this year as an attacking Leg Spinner.
Fine with that.

But who was the idiot that included Glenn 'the big spud' Maxwell in the test squad? ::)

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on September 09, 2014, 05:50:44 PM
But who was the idiot that included Glenn 'the big spud' Maxwell in the test squad? ::)
Oi.

You vs me, The Alma, 12pm on Sunday.  ;)

Jay

Quote from: NigeyS on September 09, 2014, 08:05:15 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 09, 2014, 05:50:44 PM
Oi.

You vs me, The Alma, 12pm on Sunday.  ;)
;D

PowerBug

Adam Lyth another century. :) 1428 runs @ 71 for the season now. A record much greater than Gary's was last season, should get a gig in England test side as an opener very soon :)

Speaking of Gary, he's scored runs too, sitting on 93* atm.

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on September 10, 2014, 08:22:23 PM
Adam Lyth another century. :) 1428 runs @ 71 for the season now. A record much greater than Gary's was last season, should get a gig in England test side as an opener very soon :)
Can't be any worse than Cook.

PowerBug

Gary 99 :'(
Bresnan 94 :(

Yorkshire about to win the County Championship :D

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on September 11, 2014, 08:20:40 AM
Gary 99 :'(
Bresnan 94 :(

Yorkshire about to win the County Championship :D
Haven't been following County like I used to but this is good news.  8)

GoLions

Morkel was just on a hat-tick against NZ, didn't get Ronchi with the attempted yorker

NZ currently 5/79 from 18 overs

Bill Manspeaker

Ronchi out for 99 :(

batted beautifully. could have had his century but only ran 1 off the last ball of the previous over to keep the strike

last wicket partnership of 74. NZ all out 230