Round 3 Trades

Started by Mat0369, June 15, 2020, 03:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbjimmyjb

Quote from: Samsturmfels on June 18, 2020, 08:15:38 PM
Now, I traded both doedee and b.long in last week.
I can trade long to simpkin, however I'll miss out on another rookie (have Green, Davis and bj Williams all not playing on bench out of rookies). What do you guys think I should do?
Personally, I think Sturt/Bennell/Rivers are all must-gets this week. I imagine you probably got 1 of Rivers/Bennell last week, so you should get the other one this week.

Doedee's BE is 60ish off the top of my head so I'd keep him another week.
It sounds like you really wanna dump Long though which makes sense, if you don't have Sturt then I'd do:
Long > Sturt and Green/Williams > Rivers/Bennell.
If you do have Sturt, and you have faith in Simpkin, then Long > Simpkin could be ok, but I don't trust it yet. Petracca/Rozee are safer options imo for 50k more.

IntegralX

Changed my mind...going NN > Pittonet, Green > Petracca via Budarick.

Sitting just outside top 1000. CP should finish as a top 10 with an outside shot at top 6.

Wish me luck, I'm trading in someone from my "never again" list...

jbjimmyjb

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 18, 2020, 08:25:10 PM
Correct in that I don't see Georgiades playing. Having said that, I don't think Wines is an automatic selection, he appears to be out of favour, regardless of his talent.
Marshall destroyed Mcasey last week, and Georgiades was playing in Dixon's spot Rnd 1 when Dixon was injured.
So until one of Marshall/Dixon have a run of poor games or get injured, I can't see Georgiades playing either.

SilverLion

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 18, 2020, 08:25:10 PM
Correct in that I don't see Georgiades playing. Having said that, I don't think Wines is an automatic selection, he appears to be out of favour, regardless of his talent.
You'd think Port would bring in their 800k a year Vice captain over a second gamer though.

jbjimmyjb

Even with Dusty and Houston causing problems, I think cash-gen is a higher priority.
Assuming Sturt plays (looks very likely as he's named on-field), my trades are:

BZT -> Bennell (via Rivers)
Davis -> Sturt

Leaves me with Robertson, Xerri and Georgiades as non-playing rookies, which I think is a decent situation.

I already know Houston will score sub-70 again this week, so he's gone for Stewart next week.

Mat0369

I've gone Dusty>Selwood..... having said that, Selwood has been absolute trash against Carlton the last 5 years.

Dolan

Have Gardiner, BZT, Xerri to trade with.

I want Pitto, Sturt and Cameron but can’t get all three obviously. Who would you prioritise if money gen is only consideration??

I’m thinking pitto and Sturt with larger numbers in the rolling average. If Cameron has a good game again I can get him next week maybe?

Rusty00

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 18, 2020, 08:45:18 PM
I've gone Dusty>Selwood..... having said that, Selwood has been absolute trash against Carlton the last 5 years.
Do you reckon Curnow goes to him? Did Curnow tag last week?

Samsturmfels

Quote from: jbjimmyjb on June 18, 2020, 08:32:58 PM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on June 18, 2020, 08:15:38 PM
Now, I traded both doedee and b.long in last week.
I can trade long to simpkin, however I'll miss out on another rookie (have Green, Davis and bj Williams all not playing on bench out of rookies). What do you guys think I should do?
Personally, I think Sturt/Bennell/Rivers are all must-gets this week. I imagine you probably got 1 of Rivers/Bennell last week, so you should get the other one this week.

Doedee's BE is 60ish off the top of my head so I'd keep him another week.
It sounds like you really wanna dump Long though which makes sense, if you don't have Sturt then I'd do:
Long > Sturt and Green/Williams > Rivers/Bennell.
If you do have Sturt, and you have faith in Simpkin, then Long > Simpkin could be ok, but I don't trust it yet. Petracca/Rozee are safer options imo for 50k more.
yeah, trading one of rivers/bennell last week would have made sense. I was considering getting in simpkin and rivers in but got long and doedee instead (that was a big flower up).

ill probably end up trading 2 rookies in this week and possibly one that i missed the week after. I am just gutted how those two picks have already cost me about 84 sc points

thanks for your point of view

Mat0369

Quote from: Rusty00 on June 18, 2020, 11:15:09 PM
Do you reckon Curnow goes to him? Did Curnow tag last week?

Curnow went to Petracca after the end of the first quarter. Having said that, Petracca was an absolute beast to that point and something had to be done about it. We were happy to let Cripps and Oliver go head to head. I think with how Danger destroyed us last time we send Curnow to him at the contests and Doc plays on him down back. We could also go the Duncan option since he breaks lines as a link up for them and Curnow could negate him.

I'm pretty sure we also let Selwood run free last time, he just struggled to get going because he had a bad run. We have sent Curnow, Kerridge and Gibbs to him in the past in defensive roles and they've all done the job. It's been a lonnngggg time since Selwood has been even average against us.

My mate may have talked me into it when we were talking teams earlier and I was letting him know my trade options. Preference A was Gaff and preference B was Parker. I couldn't afford either of them and was looking at any player under 550k.

I was thinking the best bet was to downgrade Dusty and snatch a keeper and some cash. Stewart was my first pick down back (and probably the safest pick). Smith and Rozee were the two forward options I like but were unproven with inside bulls coming into the team potentially hurting their mid time. I figured it would be best to see how that shakes out with Wines and Libba to see who they hurt on the scoring front. Smith would have also pocketed me 100k which would have been nice.

Selwood wasn't a keeper, but he pockets me about 60k and is bound to go up in price. Worst case I get a nice price rise to flip him to Neale or Gaff who are basically unobtainable right now, best case he averages 110 and I get a keeper for 490k. I still have 24 trades to upgrade 10 players (including Selwood and Nic Nat but keeping Dev) so it's probably worth the risk.

whynot102

Took the punt went Greene to Rozee this week

whynot102

Need to trade Houston $2k short of getting Stewart thoughts on DBJ or Haynes or hold Houston this week and go Jacobs to Pinoett

coglan13

Quote from: whynot102 on June 19, 2020, 01:02:14 PM
Need to trade Houston $2k short of getting Stewart thoughts on DBJ or Haynes or hold Houston this week and go Jacobs to Pinoett
Jacobs has an easy match up this week against English.

Wanderer

Anybody know why Lipinski was dropped?
Looks like some good players coming back into the team, but he did well last week.
I have him in draft league and wondering if he is worth keeping?

jvalles69

Quote from: Wanderer on June 19, 2020, 04:15:08 PM
Anybody know why Lipinski was dropped?
Looks like some good players coming back into the team, but he did well last week.
I have him in draft league and wondering if he is worth keeping?

Definite hold, no idea why he was dropped, Bevo looking down the barrel I think...