WXV Vacant Coaching Position - Beijing Bears (again)

Started by ossie85, May 14, 2013, 07:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Ringo

Even though the list is not strong can I encourage you to apply if interested.

It is a long term approach needed.  I will use myself as an example I took over the London Royals mid way through the season last year and that team was near the bottom of the ladder. Due to trading and Drafting team has been strengthened and is one of the surprise packets in this years competition.

So what I am saying look long term not short term.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Toga on May 14, 2013, 11:18:56 PM
Sorry guys I've had a change of heart. I probably don't need the extra commitment and would like to stay on at Moscow.

Hope a good applicant comes up for the job, sorry for any inconvenience.

Sees WXV position open and gets keen

Nek minnit sees list

ossie85

lol... hmm

So we have:

nrich102
tabs
kilbluff1985

as coaches that might be interested?

And feel free to apply specky!

Nige

Sorry guys I've had a change of heart. I probably don't need the extra commitment and would like to stay on at Moscow.

I'll be honest, I was shocked when you applied, but I was fully supportive and truth be told, probably would have voted for you. But yeah, totally understandable. It's pretty much why I'm happy to be co-coach. 

nrich, tabs, kb and specky... sounds like a good pool of applicants.  8)

specky92

Quote from: NigeyS on May 15, 2013, 10:26:29 AM

I'll be honest, I was shocked when you applied, but I was fully supportive and truth be told, probably would have voted for you. But yeah, totally understandable. It's pretty much why I'm happy to be co-coach. 

nrich, tabs, kb and specky... sounds like a good pool of applicants.  8)
As I said I'm very inexperienced and I don't think I could handle a team, id like to join a team in the future though to find out what's required and how everything runs, but if no minor positions open up I might just follow the season to enhance my understanding of this brilliant competition.  :)

JBs-Hawks

Just apply you don't need to make any tough decisions until the off season and by then you should have a good understanding ;)

Master Q

I'm interested in the job. Team will come shortly, going out soon.

My clear strengths is my tactical, strategy and trading side of the game. In other words I am a Fantasy Mastermind. The team has a great mix of age and ability although I think it's lacking some firepower. This list looks like it'll have a lot of soon-to-be premiums and if a few more older guys are added at EOS, I think at the end of the 2014/15 season it has a chance to be above the 33,000 point cap.

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 15, 2013, 11:31:47 AM
Just apply you don't need to make any tough decisions until the off season and by then you should have a good understanding ;)

Pretty much all that will be required is naming a team each week. Pretty sure the rest of stuff is optional like posting team reviews and whatnot.  :)

kilbluff1985

Lol nrich doesn't even comment just quotes what tabs said ???

Toga

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 15, 2013, 07:56:21 AM
Sees WXV position open and gets keen

Nek minnit sees list

Haha not true. I don't mind the list, lots of young talent as I said in my application. Just not sure I need the extra commitment but at the same time wouldn't mind it... #InTwoMinds

Waiting for a reply to my PM from Q so don't go making decisions yet ladz :P

BB67th

Well I have always felt that the WXV is one of the best competitions using my favourite scoring system in SC, and this is a nice young team which I feel I could develop nicely, so I would like to put my name forward to coach it.

First, here would be my best XV for the side:

DEF: Harry Taylor (C) / Rhyce Shaw / Brent Guerra / Luke Tapscott
MID: Matt Rosa / Daniel Kerr / Liam Shiels / Oliver Wines
RUC: Matthew Kreuzer (VC)
FWD: Travis Varcoe / Eddie Betts / Scott Gumbleton / Sam Mayes
UTI: Josh Caddy / Josh Hunt

Definitely it is a young team and needs a few changes made. Over the off season I would definitely look at getting a captain in, someone who can score me 110+ every single week. There is some good youth in there with the likes of Tapscott, Mayes and Caddy, and with a few high draft picks at the end of the season, should be in good stead for a build up over the next 4-5 years. I went with Harry Taylor as the captain for now, but that could change with Kreuzer, Rosa and Kerr if he can get back to his best also being strong choices.

Now a bit about me:

I've been of FF for a couple of years now, and it really is the best Fantasy Footy site out there. I have been assistant to Ringo in the WXV at the London Royals since late last season and it has been a good experience to be a part of this comp, even though I'm not really active on the WXV board.
I am currently coach of the Leeds Leaches in the BXV and the Manila Folders in the AXV. If I got the position here it is possible I would look at giving away one of the other roles if there was someone else who wanted to take over. I would be happy to work as a senior assistant in that case and ease the transition through to another head coach.
I'm also a big SuperCoach player, preferring it over Dream Team. I've finished around the 10,000 mark the last few years, but this year I am going strong and am currently ranked around 900 after being as low as 90 a few rounds ago!
I really feel I am an active forum member that can contribute well to the WXV community and can do something good with this club.

So thanks for taking the time to read my application, and good luck to all the other applicants! :)

Nige

Great application, definitely gonna make the voting process harder!  8)

nrich102

Master Q

I'd like to announce that Toga and I, if elected will be co-coaching together.