Main Menu

EXV Round 1

Started by Holz, April 06, 2016, 11:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

EXV Round 1

It is the start of another year of the Euro, with a new look feature. 2015 saw a few new faces and a few old coaches hang up the boots along with a team change. We saw Serbia once again make the grand final and again fail to win the big one. Macedonia was our champions and will be looking to do the first back to back. Svalbard after years of next year is our year and numerous name changes finally showed something with a prelim showing, will this year by "the year" we have all been promised. Iceland Belgium and England were all up there and as Iceland has shown you just need to make finals and your in with a chance. The Swiss Storm and Spanish Stallions surprised a few sneaking into the finals but unfortunately weren't able to do much more. Russia was the unlucky team of 2015 finishing 9th but with their powerful midfield featuring a fit Ablett  you would think they would be back in the winners circle. Greece, Belarus, Hungary, Sweden and Croatia were all in rebuilding mode and with some top draft picks and some clever trading we could see a few of these teams break out.

English Lions v Russian Roulettes

England showed to be a powerhouse last year, however have been hit by injury and the suspension scandal, Beams Swan and Ryder are out this time but amazingly they still field a midfield of Jones Zaharakis Newnes Titchell Steven Armitage, so again they will have the strong midfield core which is what Russia is infact famous for. There other lines will need to stand up with breakouts in lonergan and kennedy looking to pave the way. Russia is the team of midfielders and will match up very well with a fit Ablett and the likes of superstars in bont, gray, griffen and the likes. The question for Russia as it often is, is the defence. If it is respectful we should see them the favorites.

Svalbard Valkyries v Hungarian Hulks

The two old rivals sqaure off in Holz and Ziplock. Unfortunately for Holz he doesnt have Serbia behind him this time but perhaps the new look Hulks can be just as much as a worry. This team has gone under massive change from a bunch of rookies with potential to a team lead by experienced players in  JPK, Bartel, JJK, ,Betts, Goldy and a few young stars in Treloar, Smith and Salem but look vulnerable with bartel out of form and Deledio still struggling with a soft tissue injury. The Valkyries have youth all round and just look super solid, Zip will have a few selection headaches particularly in the midfield and will probably be too strong up against a Deledio-less Hungary.

Greek Titans v Spanish Stallions

Greece will be very happy to welcome back Liberatore and Billings who both look in good form. The resurgent Max Gawn will lead the way as Greece looks to move up the ladder. As is the case with alot of teams their back line could let them down so they need respectably down back to live up to their potential. Spain on the other hand looks alot more solid down back especially with Jason Johanssien but look vulnerable up front. It will be a case of a weak Spanish Forward line against a weak Greek Back line. My money is on Spain with Captain Dangerfield.

Belgium Bashers v Swedish Metal

The often over hyped Belgium, just look an experienced outfit with solid players on every single line. Roughead out for half the season and Robinson in question is the only worry. Sweden have done well to rebuild and the fact they are a shot is evidence of a good work by coach Atto. I feel Belgium will be just too strong unless Hall, Blicavs, Cripps and Scotty T can all have blinders.

Macedonain Wolves v Swiss Storm

This is a big big game with Macedonian looking to repeat. Small chinks in the armour of the almost invincible wolves appear to be showing with Stanton gone for the year and a few selection issues down back. However Martin looking a beast in the midfield and Brad Crouch slowly ramping it up to his best they just look strong. The storm certainly has the potential to be a worry but with Maric under a injury cloud, witts possibly in the 2s they may have nobody to match it against big Martin. A few gaping holes in defense should see the Wolves home.

Iceland Polar Bears v Croatian Crushers

Iceland as always look good not great but have shown thats all you need, the side is starting to look abit old and im sure they would love the services of David Swallow, Harley Bennell but do have some great talent coming through in Fyfe, Sheridan, Henney. Speaking of talent you have Croatia who will be looking to be more respectful this year with the additions of Mills and Sam Gray. They should be more respectful but probably not up to taking down a year in year out finals team.

Serbian Eagles v Belarus Bison

What can i say about Serbia, they have been soo good for soo long but have not much to show from it. This once invincible list is finally looking like they might slide down the ladder. Hibberd and Watson are out for the year and a few guys are sturggling for form in Barlow Goddard Malceski. Still the team boasts the likes of Pendles, Shaw, Simpson, Parker, Martin and with that group your always a shot. Belarus are defiantly in rebuild mode and their season will likely rest on Tom Rockliffs shoulders. The man is capbale of being the best player in the competition but cant get his body right. They have a very good ruckline and some talent in sucklling and darling with old gun mitchell but quite simply, no Rockliff no Belarus. 

Ok so below is the link you will need to do to put you team in. Simply go to the round 1 tab once you open it up and input your team. During the weekend I will go in and put in scores and you can for your team and opponent if you chose.

As its the first week maybe post your team up here just in case or if your having difficulty with the link also post in here. I have made a new tab which i will put the teams in when I have time. If you would like to do your own team that would be fantastic.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6tHsoCoO-DT3kIpm1a5u9mS13pHR6pgIMphqAhtpaI/edit?usp=sharing

nostradamus

Defenders
C. Enright, M.Johnson, S. Savage, S. Burgoyne

Mids
G. Ablett (c), T. Boak, R. Griffen, L.Greenwood

Rucks
K. Tippett

Forwards
T. Greene, D. Zorko, S. Motlop, L. Montagna (vc)

Util
M. Bontempelli, R. Gray

**posted on the googledoc too

Emerg
H.Lumumba, A.Miles, M.Kreuzer, J.DeGoey

Atto

Woo!! Keen for another year of losing to just about every team while we win the title in 2020! ;)

Already posted in the google spreadsheet but just in case (also, a problem I encountered on it is how do you show who your C and VC is?)

SWEDISH METAL

Captain: Aaron Hall
Vice Captain: Scott Thompson

DEF: Marcus Adams, Martin Gleeson, Matt Broadbent, Tom Cutler
MID: Scott Thompson, Patrick Cripps, Stephen Hill, Ryan Crowley
RUC: Mark Blicavs
FWD: Aaron Hall, Jack Riewoldt, Alex Sexton, Harry Cunningham
UTL: James Aish, Dylan Buckley
EMG: Mark Whiley, Cory Gregson, Daniel Howe, Trent Dumont

Holz

Quote from: Atto on April 06, 2016, 12:57:10 PM

Already posted in the google spreadsheet but just in case (also, a problem I encountered on it is how do you show who your C and VC is?)

I just stick a C and Vc next to the name like what Russia did.

also love the nicknames.

Nige

Oh, we're doing nicknames now? I can do nicknames.  :P

Holz

got a few at Hungary

Todd "The Stolen One" Goldstein

Brett "Mr Soft Tissue" Deledio

Eddie "Pull Up Your Shorts" Betts

Majak "Couldn't kick the side of a barn" Daw

Nathan "@&$& Injured Again" Vardy

Matthew "Surely the time is" Wright

Michael "Im not with these guys" Hurley

LF

Croatia Crushers

Def: Dylan Roberton,Shane Biggs,Sam Gilbert,Jeremy McGovern
Mids: Rory Sloane,Mitch Wallis,Callum Mills,George Hewett
Ruck: Ben McEvoy
Fwd: Tom Lynch,Daniel Wells,Kane Lambert,Chris Mayne
U: Jordan Roughead,Sam Gray
E: Lindsay Thomas,James Frawley

Still deciding on captain

Holz

also do people like the write ups?

take abit of time but if people are enjoying them will keep it up.

LF

Yep I like them
Also like Atto's team post very funny

Nige

The write-ups were fantastic.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on April 06, 2016, 06:30:11 PM
The write-ups were fantastic.

thanks,

will be a regular thing then

Spinking

Great work!

I feel so conflicted!! Love the Stallions, but the Titans were Spite and my brainchild, rebuilt that team when nobody rated some of those guys who are now premo. Greece will win a flag in 3 years.

Great to have EXV back!

Atto

The nicknames were a clear indication of how bored I was (or how much I procrastinated instead of doing uni work) at the time.

And I also love the write ups, it gets me more invested into the matches. It's a great initiative Holz!

Holz

Quote from: Atto on April 06, 2016, 10:27:13 PM
The nicknames were a clear indication of how bored I was (or how much I procrastinated instead of doing uni work) at the time.

And I also love the write ups, it gets me more invested into the matches. It's a great initiative Holz!

Thanks after a few off years (my fault) looking to bounce back big time.

Ziplock

yeah, nice write ups :)