Main Menu

WHAT NEXT

Started by truBLUE, October 16, 2011, 01:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truBLUE

hi guys ,what will carlton look for in the draft will we targett a key forward ? any thoughts

MTTY

Quote from: truBLUE on October 16, 2011, 01:52:41 PM
hi guys ,what will carlton look for in the draft will we targett a key forward ? any thoughts
I reckon they will target Smaller backs. They targeted Key position players last year and got three very good ones in McCarthy, Watson and Mitchell.

truBLUE

Watson looked very impressive ,with a massive kick ,thought they may look to a forward now that sentana wants a move

RiOtChEsS

agree with MTTY we got some key posts last year, we should just take the best available players, no point over thinking it imo

Cruiseon

Quote from: truBLUE on October 16, 2011, 02:04:43 PM
Watson looked very impressive ,with a massive kick ,thought they may look to a forward now that sentana wants a move

I thought Watson was treated shabbily by Carlton last year. In his debut they put him on Cloke and inevitably he was monstered, then they drop him and I think he didn't come back until Carlton played Collingwood again. Tough start for a kid, why not give him some time at the top level against Gold Coast, Port or Melbourne?

truBLUE

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 16, 2011, 10:10:39 PM

I thought Watson was treated shabbily by Carlton last year. In his debut they put him on Cloke and inevitably he was monstered, then they drop him and I think he didn't come back until Carlton played Collingwood again. Tough start for a kid, why not give him some time at the top level against Gold Coast, Port or Melbourne?
+1 agee feel he deserved more game time a senior level ,hopefully they do give him that next season

kingkingston

Quote from: MTTY on October 16, 2011, 01:58:55 PM
Quote from: truBLUE on October 16, 2011, 01:52:41 PM
I reckon they will target Smaller backs. They targeted Key position players last year and got three very good ones in McCarthy, Watson and Mitchell.
A lot of people don't realise we have those young talls in the reserves, would like to see them just top up with a tall and a midfielder.

kingkingston

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 16, 2011, 10:10:39 PM

he played against the Gold Coast the week before, he did a good job that game. I think if Watson can help in the back lines it frees up Hendo to go forward and thus not really relying on Kreuzer to take grabs and kick goals.

truBLUE

hoping watson gets a decent run 2012 feel the more game time he gets the better will be a big plus in defence