WXV Vacant Coaching Positions (There's two now!)

Started by Purple 77, August 21, 2015, 11:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on August 29, 2015, 03:31:46 PM
Quote from: GoLions on August 29, 2015, 03:25:53 PM
Out of curiosity, let's say with the 2 coaches who get elected, one really wants to coach Toronto and one really wants to coach the Dildos, would they be forced into doing the redraft still?
I would have assumed that coaches would have applied to coach one side or the other, especially given this was originally just for Toronto, though I'm sure at least one of the applicants wouldn't mind the challenge of taking on the Dillos team.
Well, Dillos wasn't available when I applied :P
I'm more than happy to coach them though. Have some good youth there, which they'd lose with a redraft.

PowerBug

Yeah I don't understand why the teams are being re-drafted? And it happened before as well. What is the reason behind that move?

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on August 29, 2015, 03:51:25 PM
Yeah I don't understand why the teams are being re-drafted? And it happened before as well. What is the reason behind that move?
First one was for league balance as São Paula were a very strong side - disbanding them help even the comp out. As for this re-draft, I'm not too sure..

Levi434

I think the main reason is that people have more of an attatchment to their teams.

Purple 77

I guess if the two coaches were happy to accept each team as it was... I guess it'd be strange to force a redraft I suppose.

Also reckon we'll keep the team names as they are.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 29, 2015, 09:05:10 PM
I guess if the two coaches were happy to accept each team as it was... I guess it'd be strange to force a redraft I suppose.

I was pretty happy with La Plata Armada.

maybe the new coach could make that their reserve team if they wanted too

Nige

Quote from: Holz on August 29, 2015, 09:07:08 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on August 29, 2015, 09:05:10 PM

I was pretty happy with La Plata Armada.

maybe the new coach could make that their reserve team if they wanted too
The Dillos don't have a reserve team name, so that sounds like a good idea.

Atto

I will throw my hat in the ring this evening after I finish work, but looking at Adamant's application and Purps' recommendation of iZander I'm kinda screwed anyway.  :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Atto on August 30, 2015, 12:22:36 PM
I will throw my hat in the ring this evening after I finish work, but looking at Adamant's application and Purps' recommendation of iZander I'm kinda screwed anyway.  :P

wow i see how it is bro :P

Atto

Hey guys, I'm Atto (btw I feel like it's week 1 term/semester 1 at a new school/uni haha)

I found the FanFooty Forums about a year ago when Memph suggested that I be his assistant coach of a team which is now called Bolvia Condors in the Americas XVIII DT competition. Within hours of making an account I was made senior coach of Dallas Coyotes instead. I am currently also the senior coach of the Swedish Metal in EXV, which is currently undergoing an intense rebuild program since Nails (the previous coach) gave me a team that belonged in a retirement village.

As you may have noticed, these are both DT competitions. This year just gone was my sixth year playing DT/Fantasy salary cap comps but I haven't touched any other format (I seldom play Fantasy Stadium this year). In 2016, I will be dropping salary cap competitions and will be focusing on keeper leagues and I also plan to expand my 'franchise' to other competitions such as SC.

I am generally pretty reliable with putting teams up weekly and I will be the same with B+Fs (this does not happen in the current competitions I play in) among other things that are required to do.

Thanks for your time to read this, Atto.

Atto

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 30, 2015, 12:32:48 PM
Quote from: Atto on August 30, 2015, 12:22:36 PM

wow i see how it is bro :P

haha mate everyone's was good. Can't keep them all happy. :P

Hellopplz

Glad you could get in Atto! Another fine candidate 8).

Going to be a tough decision picking the new coaches I've got to say :-X.

RaisyDaisy

So applications are now closed right?

Hopefully we can vote and get 2 new coaches on board and then get that draft done asap so they can commence trade talks and starting building their brand

Purple 77

Applications are indeed closed!

We have:

GoLions
kilbluff1985
iZander
ossie85/Vinny
Adamant
Atto

All seem damn fine applicants!

Right. I will send the vote out this morning. But this is the part you guys aren't going to like, but you're just going to have to trust me.

There is another coach considering their next move, but for reasons known to me and himself, can't make the decision until about this time next week. Seeing as this is a decision that shouldn't be rushed, I'm willing to wait until then as the involvement of his team in the redraft would be... handy. I'll just say this team made the top 6, just to give you a clue of the type of quality that might be involved.

We will decide on the two new coaches now, most certainly, but the redraft unfortunately won't happen this week. It's just the way it goes. This week should all be about the Awards Night on Wednesday and the Grand Final this week anyway. Obviously, if I get a decision before then, I'll open the redraft.

Sorry for the inconvenience, as I know this team MAY be disadvantaged with a late start till trades (which I'm considering postponing until the conclusion of the draft) and that current teams would like to get Pendles :P, but really, the inclusion of this team in the redraft would change things immensely.

Cheers all, and good luck applicants!

kilbluff1985

i'd be open to not announcing who gets a job until Sunday night or Monday morning

considering we closed applications a week earlier then planned it's a good compromise

respects all the events this week and gives the other coach time