Australia in India (4 Tests)

Started by BratPack, January 15, 2017, 12:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Faulkner would be my pick, probably won't happen but it should. He'd do great in India

Also, if you guys think Kohli is a dickhead just look at Warner and Smith, no comparison

Torpedo10

Quote from: Jukes on March 07, 2017, 10:43:42 PM
Faulkner would be my pick, probably won't happen but it should. He'd do great in India

Also, if you guys think Kohli is a dickhead just look at Warner and Smith, no comparison
Kohli is much worse than Smith.

Smith showed class today after losing, Kohli just made excuses and was so cocky after today's win despite doing nothing for the whole test match.

Hawka

Quote from: Jay on March 07, 2017, 10:35:26 PM
Alright that sucks, but onto the next test we go.

MMarsh obviously has to go - he bowled 5 overs this match, and is probably the worst number 6 batsman we have ever had in our cricketing history. But who comes in out of Khawaja and Maxwell?

I probably lean towards Khawaja over Maxwell because I don't feel like we'll really need Maxwell's bowling, but either option would be a major improvement.
India will more then likely hit 500 runs at some point, a 5th bowling option would be handy, but i prefer Maxwell im more confident in his batting then Marsh's, his bowling could also surprise the Indian middle order

Hawka

Stats wise
Marsh is the worst number 6 test batsmen of all time (minimum 20 innings)

I miss the days of Hussey or Clarkey at 6 , even Katich or Lehmann

shaker

Not a fan of the rat at all but he is spot on with his comments after the game about cheating or trying to they got busted big time the replay says it all  ::)

Ringo

Quote from: shaker on March 08, 2017, 01:21:38 PM
Not a fan of the rat at all but he is spot on with his comments after the game about cheating or trying to they got busted big time the replay says it all  ::)
Yep replay very damning and then Handscombe admitted he did not know it was illegal. As much as I like Smith this probably deserves some form of punishment maybe a fine but agree with the rat and other commentators including Michael Clarke that the ICCC have to act,
Will add spice to the series and unfortunately unless we can get some runs from the middle order and not sure whether Maxwell or Kwaja are the answer we could lose 3-1.
How important have tosses been in both matches so far

Ringo

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/mitch-marsh-ruled-out-australia-india-test-tour-shoulder-injury-lehmann-maxwell-khawaja-henriques/2017-03-08

Breaking news Mitch Marsh to return home with Shoulder injury - Like for :Like replacement to be sent over. Have reservations on Khawaia on these wickets with his weakness against spin. 

Hawka

Injured or sent home because of some much backlash of his selection?
i doubt whoever they send over will play the next test so its down to Maxwell and Ussie

Jay

Quote from: Ringo on March 08, 2017, 07:50:21 PM
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/mitch-marsh-ruled-out-australia-india-test-tour-shoulder-injury-lehmann-maxwell-khawaja-henriques/2017-03-08

Breaking news Mitch Marsh to return home with Shoulder injury - Like for :Like replacement to be sent over. Have reservations on Khawaia on these wickets with his weakness against spin.
Wow, this is a major blow for India's chances! :o

PowerBug

Quote from: Hawka on March 08, 2017, 08:03:02 PM
Injured or sent home because of some much backlash of his selection?
i doubt whoever they send over will play the next test so its down to Maxwell and Ussie
I hope for Henriques sake he doesn't play, because he'll yet again underperform in conditions that are not ideal for him and then get dropped ::) Guy has been so unlucky if he was given games anywhere but India/Sri Lanka I reckon he'd take them

Ignore that.

JBs-Hawks

After dominating in shield cricket they bring stoinis in  ::) ::) ::)

PowerBug

Oh it's Stoinis not Moises, my bad :-[

Jukes

A WA boy for a WA boy, nothing wrong with that

Rusty00

Starc coming home, stress fractures in foot :'(

Series over :'(

Hawka

Oh flower!!
Not just losing our best bowler (even in India), his batting is going to be missed
With only Bird as the pace bowler who we call over?
Sayers would be good but i fear we need a faster bowler to replace him
Pat Cummins anyone ? :P

but crap 4 days ago we almost had the series and know were in ruins