Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

So the trade period ends and our ins and outs look like this

OUT: Menzel, Bell, Hendo, Yaz, Pick 20, Pick 21 (Bell trade), 28 (Menz trade), 41, 77, 95, Cats 2016 First round pick (Hendo trade), Carlton's 2016 4th round pick

IN: Plowman, Sumner, Lamb, Phillips, Kerridge, picks 8, 11, 19, 60 and the Dogs third round pick next season.

Of the players, they all fill that need for 18-24 year old guys which our list lacks. 3 of them are former first round picks.

Our picks in the draft this year

1, 8, 11, 19, 59, 60 and 113. We don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick but have 4 in the first round.

In SOS we trust

Money Shot

1. Weitering
8. Milera
11. Balic
19. Collins/McKay (hoping one slips)

Mat0369

The man can take whomever he wants. He is obviously targeting someone in that 11-12 range which is why he wanted Richmond's pick 12. Once he got the pick from the Dogs he accepted 19 for Yaz.

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 22, 2015, 09:55:33 PM
The man can take whomever he wants. He is obviously targeting someone in that 11-12 range which is why he wanted Richmond's pick 12. Once he got the pick from the Dogs he accepted 19 for Yaz.
Yeah I know man! That's just what I'm hoping for. I really rate Milera the kids a gun and will get us goals which is what we need!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Money Shot on October 22, 2015, 10:00:10 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 22, 2015, 09:55:33 PM
Yeah I know man! That's just what I'm hoping for. I really rate Milera the kids a gun and will get us goals which is what we need!
little bummed we didnt get Tomlinson, thought the same about pick 12, he wanted it not for Yaz's value but for a targeted player

blue

Does anyone know where we are at with father/son, I understand Bailey Rice has nominated st kilda. Are jake Bradley or jack silvagni any chance of being drafted for a bargain?

tbagrocks

Jarred Grant has been delisted by the Dogs, would you lot look at him as you need forwards? ???

Money Shot

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 23, 2015, 08:35:40 PM
Jarred Grant has been delisted by the Dogs, would you lot look at him as you need forwards? ???
I hope not :-[

Mat0369

Quote from: blue on October 23, 2015, 08:33:32 PM
Does anyone know where we are at with father/son, I understand Bailey Rice has nominated st kilda. Are jake Bradley or jack silvagni any chance of being drafted for a bargain?

Silvagni is looking like a 3rd/4th round pick from what I gather, Bradley I think struggled at under 18's this year so he will go undrafted.

Yeah, not happening

blue

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 23, 2015, 10:57:49 PM
Quote from: blue on October 23, 2015, 08:33:32 PM

Silvagni is looking like a 3rd/4th round pick from what I gather, Bradley I think struggled at under 18's this year so he will go undrafted.

Yeah, not happening
Thanks matt

Money Shot

Hey guys I was just wondering where you think Everetts and Walkers best positions are? I feel as though if we just left them in the one position they would be very good players but espescially when Mick was coaching they seemed to be all over the place!
Also do you think that we could turn Dylan Buckley into a small forward type player? I think he has the talent to do it!

fanTCfool

Quote from: Money Shot on October 24, 2015, 09:21:56 AM
Hey guys I was just wondering where you think Everetts and Walkers best positions are? I feel as though if we just left them in the one position they would be very good players but espescially when Mick was coaching they seemed to be all over the place!
Also do you think that we could turn Dylan Buckley into a small forward type player? I think he has the talent to do it!

Prefer Dylan off Half-Back, using his leg-speed to run the ball out, rather than lead up or crumb. Walker in the back half and Everitt in the Forward Line, but with both able to rotate with each other can be very handy. Walker and Everitt have barely played any games together since Everitt first appeared in the Forward Line this year, it could be a power combination in future.

Mat0369

Buckley wing rotating off half back
Walker and Everitt up forward with Walker pushing through the midfield and playing off the wing.

Walker's best position is through the midfield, his body has never let him get to the point where he could play there week in week out and since he is so versatile we have plugged him into holes. At the point we're at as a club it probably wouldn't benefit us to play him in that midfield role. He has proved he can be a 40 goal a year up forward and a matchup nightmare so that's where I would play him with our lack of goal kicking options.

Buckley is one of the few guys we have with line breaking pace and when he was drafted he was seen as the Simmo replacement. Simmo's best position has always been on the wing. With a rotation cap we can try to spell him at other ends of the ground and we will want our midfield to bat pretty deep. We could use the Irish boys in Byrne and Sheehan in that half back role as well which should free up Bucks to play more midfield.

Everitt would be our third tall forward. That is where he has excelled and the spot he has played the best footy of his career. I don't really want to see him go back to that tagging role. With a lack of tall options he should play that position hopefully

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 24, 2015, 05:36:57 PM
Buckley wing rotating off half back
Walker and Everitt up forward with Walker pushing through the midfield and playing off the wing.

Walker's best position is through the midfield, his body has never let him get to the point where he could play there week in week out and since he is so versatile we have plugged him into holes. At the point we're at as a club it probably wouldn't benefit us to play him in that midfield role. He has proved he can be a 40 goal a year up forward and a matchup nightmare so that's where I would play him with our lack of goal kicking options.

Buckley is one of the few guys we have with line breaking pace and when he was drafted he was seen as the Simmo replacement. Simmo's best position has always been on the wing. With a rotation cap we can try to spell him at other ends of the ground and we will want our midfield to bat pretty deep. We could use the Irish boys in Byrne and Sheehan in that half back role as well which should free up Bucks to play more midfield.

Everitt would be our third tall forward. That is where he has excelled and the spot he has played the best footy of his career. I don't really want to see him go back to that tagging role. With a lack of tall options he should play that position hopefully
Cheers mate!

Mat0369

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-24/clubs-eyeing-delisted-hawks-forward-grimley

They are linking him with the Lions, if Botlon had much to do with him he could be a low risk high reward pick up. A ruck that can pinch hit up forward so he would fill both needs.