WXV Ladder Positions 2018

Started by Purple 77, March 27, 2018, 07:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

My Thunder boys are coming good at the right time of year 8)

While we weren’t matching the big scores of the other ladder leaders earlier in the year I think we can thank consistency as a big reason we’re up the North end of the ladder now, and the big scores are starting to come through

Holz

Quote from: Toga on July 09, 2018, 09:43:07 AM
My Thunder boys are coming good at the right time of year 8)

While we weren’t matching the big scores of the other ladder leaders earlier in the year I think we can thank consistency as a big reason we’re up the North end of the ladder now, and the big scores are starting to come through

Purple 77

I guess the team that gets the 6th most points but finishes in the bottom 10 (often happens) should be in the finals too, because they can't control how their opposition fairs on the day.

Let the random variables stay; it makes our whole competition.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 09, 2018, 01:48:17 PM
I guess the team that gets the 6th most points but finishes in the bottom 10 (often happens) should be in the finals too, because they can't control how their opposition fairs on the day.

Let the random variables stay; it makes our whole competition.

obviously the wins and losses have to stay or there is no point to the head to head games.

I still think points scored is a viable way of separating the differences. As getting unlucky with the FA kinda doubles if you lose games and then get hit in percentage is your opponent has a monster.

The other way if your opponent has a monster and you score well then you get the Loss but you also get a decent boost in the Points Scored.

Ringo

Maybe use points against then if we want to discuss London would be 5th on the Ladder.  ;D

meow meow

If NY can win 2 more matches they will take our spot in the 8th. Our % is going to get destroyed this week and in the following weeks too. They have been in good form and deserve a spot more than our reserves team.

Andrews, McVeigh, Liberatore, Scully, Sandilands, Stringer, Wells, Waite out means we've got less than 50% of our best XV available. Easy pickings.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on July 10, 2018, 12:59:17 PM
If NY can win 2 more matches they will take our spot in the 8th. Our % is going to get destroyed this week and in the following weeks too. They have been in good form and deserve a spot more than our reserves team.

Andrews, McVeigh, Liberatore, Scully, Sandilands, Stringer, Wells, Waite out means we've got less than 50% of our best XV available. Easy pickings.

Berlin (away), Pacific (away), Toronto (home) I reckon thats a pretty tough ask going for 2 wins

Surely you have to be a decent chance of taking out Cairo.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on July 10, 2018, 01:04:01 PM
Quote from: meow meow on July 10, 2018, 12:59:17 PM

Berlin (away), Pacific (away), Toronto (home) I reckon thats a pretty tough ask going for 2 wins

We've only got spuds like Ablett and Daicos/Daniels/Cox remaining. And the ever present Gibbs of course but there's only so much that the great one can do by himself.

RaisyDaisy

Like I said in the recent rounds thread - we just had our final win for the year and I'm looking towards trade period now because we're  done for the year - don't expect to win any of those 3

Because Fyfe is out, we could have scared Berlin but they have HGA which should be enough for them

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 10, 2018, 01:23:43 PM
Like I said in the recent rounds thread - we just had our final win for the year and I'm looking towards trade period now because we're  done for the year - don't expect to win any of those 3

Because Fyfe is out, we could have scared Berlin but they have HGA which should be enough for them

So you don't want my spot in the 8th then? In that case I think we'll win our next 3 and finish in the top 4th if that's how you're going to be.

The Zorko trade cheats will finish on top since we're now taking down the Wolves this week.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on July 10, 2018, 01:34:42 PM

So you don't want my spot in the 8th then? In that case I think we'll win our next 3 and finish in the top 4th if that's how you're going to be.

The Zorko trade cheats will finish on top since we're now taking down the Wolves this week.

;D Go meow!

Purple 77

If Gawn scored a decent 110 instead of 150, I lose to PNL.

I'm exceptionally vulnerable  :-X

Nige

Wow, rude.

GoLions

If you have an oop ruck you should be fine

Holz

Quote from: Nige on July 10, 2018, 02:19:08 PM
Wow, rude.

Decent chance.

Id still put you guys as favorites.