How far off.... For Overall?

Started by Elcapitano, May 14, 2015, 12:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elcapitano

Realistically now heading into Round 7.

How far back do you think you can be from No.1 spot to push for Overall?

GoLions

What I tell myself after each week

Pkbaldy

_wato

RaisyDaisy

No idea really

I'm ranked just over 1200, which I think has me about 500 points or so behind, and I don't think I have a chance  :-\

That being said, the BYES will play a big role so everyone is still a chance (Well not everyone, but you know what I mean :P)

Money Shot

Yeah you want to be less than 500 behind after the bye rounds in my opinion.

js19

Look at it this way - if you're 850 points behind you need to make up 50 points per round from here on in, which is not massive...

Big Mac

I made up about 300-400 points on the no.1 spot during the bye rounds last year

So there's still hope  :P

redfield

It's always a difficult thing to judge but, practically, I'd say that you wouldn't want to be more than 250-300 points behind. Any more than that and you're really relying on ALL the teams in front of you to stumble. But, navigate the byes well and avoid copping donuts...there's always a mathematical chance.

Quote from: js19 on May 14, 2015, 11:42:55 PM
Look at it this way - if you're 850 points behind you need to make up 50 points per round from here on in, which is not massive...

Actually that is more than massive, it's immense. If you're currently behind by 850 points it means you've been outscored by roughly 121 points per round. So to outscore the leader by 50 points per round for the rest of the year you'd need a combined average swing of 171 points for the rest of the year. Obviously, it's mathematically possible but the chances are pretty slim.

dmac07

439 points behind the leader currently, sitting 169th. Close enough to give it a real shake? Start trading like crazy now?

sammy123

Last year i think after the byes i was 800 ish.

By the last 5 rounds i was top 20. And scoring roughly 25-40 more points than rank 1.

I just was unlucky and ran outta trades after half my mids got hurt

Gigantor

The number one team had a blinder this week 2411, now 265 ahead of the second team.

I'd love to know how his trade situation is going cos he is screwed for rd12 at the moment.

Anyway I'm now 1000 behind and even though I'm looking good for the byes I'm never gonna get near the top haha

Big Mac

Quote from: Gigantor on June 08, 2015, 09:35:17 PM
The number one team had a blinder this week 2411, now 265 ahead of the second team.

I'd love to know how his trade situation is going cos he is screwed for rd12 at the moment.

Anyway I'm now 1000 behind and even though I'm looking good for the byes I'm never gonna get near the top haha

Yep - when a team is that far ahead, all you need is for them to have a shocker and for you to have a decent week and all of a sudden you have caught up 300 points on the number one spot

Unfortunately last year's winner just kept on going and ended up like 1k points ahead of 2nd by the end of the year  :P