Can we avoid the dreaded donuts?

Started by BGK, December 22, 2011, 08:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Pies

Quote from: Ringo on December 23, 2011, 10:06:24 AM
Agree not easy. Forgot to mention Rucks are set up to cover byes. At the moment mine are Berger, McEvoy Giles and Stephenson. So each week will be playing at least one prem ruck.
In setting up the Structure I am also factoring in the byes on each line but having difficulty as well,  Since posting this last night i have done more permutations and have got it to work. You may have to do some forward planning and maybe do a trade or 2 in week 11.  In looking at the permutations I had to do one trade in week 11 to avoid a donut in week 13.

So basically this year it looks like the trades we do in these 3 weeks may define overall,

You can't do the trade in round 11 or prior to round 11 to avoid the donut as you will need an extra 12 or 13 player which will alienate your plan in either round 12 or 13 from excess. You need to do three trades in Round 12 and three in Round 13.

Edit P.S. I found a way to avoid a donut in the byes. It's achievable but radical and may not be worth it in the long run.

Kuruki

Quote from: Miss Pies on December 25, 2011, 04:12:48 PM
Quote from: Ringo on December 23, 2011, 10:06:24 AM
Agree not easy. Forgot to mention Rucks are set up to cover byes. At the moment mine are Berger, McEvoy Giles and Stephenson. So each week will be playing at least one prem ruck.
In setting up the Structure I am also factoring in the byes on each line but having difficulty as well,  Since posting this last night i have done more permutations and have got it to work. You may have to do some forward planning and maybe do a trade or 2 in week 11.  In looking at the permutations I had to do one trade in week 11 to avoid a donut in week 13.

So basically this year it looks like the trades we do in these 3 weeks may define overall,

You can't do the trade in round 11 or prior to round 11 to avoid the donut as you will need an extra 12 or 13 player which will alienate your plan in either round 12 or 13 from excess. You need to do three trades in Round 12 and three in Round 13.

Edit P.S. I found a way to avoid a donut in the byes. It's achievable but radical and may not be worth it in the long run.

I havent looked to hard at structure yet, but if it means not selecting some of the best dt scorers to save a few donuts i probably wont bother to much with it. Injuries and rooks not playing are probably going to stuff up most peoples planning anyway. I reckon it might be just worth gritting the teeth and facing it as it comes.

Colliwobblers

scotty_222

I love how u have omaega in ur team, he's not playing till 2013

rebird

Quote from: scotty_222 on January 03, 2012, 10:57:16 AM
I love how u have omaega in ur team, he's not playing till 2013

So perhaps he's using a 22 round bye strategy.

SydneyRox

I think it is simply too far out right now to do too much planning in regards to the byes.
No one really knows who their rookies will be right now and probably only have 10 players locked in barring injury
Having some sort of template like Ringos is the best you can hope for right now.....
Personally, I dont like the idea of "she'll be right, I will fix it rnd 10!" good luck to those guys!

Ziplock

she'll be right, I'll fix her come round 10.

yes, my dreamteam is a woman :P

SydneyRox

Well then you have no chance of keeping it under control then Zip!! :P

Ziplock

Miss Pies

Quote from: Ziplock on January 03, 2012, 07:17:36 PM
I sent her back to the kitchen :P
Of course because we make glorious food there. What's wrong? Oh we didn't invite you to dinner ;)

Cicjose

Quote from: Miss Pies on January 03, 2012, 09:30:36 PM
Of course because we make glorious food there. What's wrong? Oh we didn't invite you to dinner ;)

Gold MP

Colliwobblers

I'm with Zip, i've gone with a balanced number of players in each line in each bye week, and will look to trade as required during the bye bye rounds. I personnaly dont think that having a lesser rook for up to ten weeks to cover a donut in one bye rounds is the right strategy you may (probably will) lose more points on a player you settle for sue to byes than the one you know is the best but will end up leaving you with a donut, which leads to the other quesstion what is a trade worth how many points ? is a donut more costly of a trade? probably depends on the situation at the time, i think id rather use a trade than cop a donut, but im not sure i want to structure my team to a 3 round bye strategy with players that might xost me almost as much as they gain me. if you know what i mean, i think i know what i mean.

DT Gun

Quote from: Miss Pies on January 03, 2012, 09:30:36 PM

How do you fix a woman's watch?
You don't. There is a clock on the oven.

Why don't women need driver's licenses?
There's no road between the kitchen and the bedroom.

A truck hits a woman, who's at fault?
The truck driver, what the hell was the truck doing in the kitchen?

ossie85

Going to ignore the byes. Panicked too much last year about them, and my season was over before it became an issue. Come what may.

Colliwobblers

the answer to this posts question is NO

unless you pick dud rucks with dpp status and match them with dpp in the corresponing positions which imo will cost you more points than the donuts.

you will get 2 donuts that are unavoidable, any other donuts can be avoided through planning but 2 cannot be avoided without dpp rucks.

if you want detailed reasoning let me know i have another post somewhere explaining it all, or ask Ringo ;)