Advice needed

Started by disastrous, March 03, 2015, 02:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disastrous

G'day guys,

After some advice, all opinions welcome!  After getting pipped by a celeb ring-in in last years league, I thought I'd open my ideas up for criticism.

Have a look, tell me your thoughts and please chuck out some suggestions!  Something I threw together in a hurry and without a lot of thought.

Mr.Craig

I don't see any evidence that Clarke, Paparone, Lonergan or Dickson will significantly lift their averages, certainly not to the extent of other players. Adamson, Andrews, Evans, Byrne and McGrath all have close to zero chance of playing any games this year so you should remove them.

While they are both expected to be ready for Round 1 Birchall and Deledio are currently injured and that puts them at risk of having a slow start to the year. Maybe look at other options. Having Deledio in the mids is unnecessary anyway. If you are looking for a DPP link it should come through your bench players.

Newnes, Hurn or Brodie Smith are better choices than Gibson and Docherty.

Some rookie/cheap options you should be looking at -

DEF - Maynard, Z.Jones, Dick, Hamling
MID - P.Cripps, N.Freeman, Anderson, Newton
FWD - Hogan, Lennon, Salem, Reid, Krakouer

As far as structure goes you should look at taking some money out of the backs and putting it in the mids. Maybe consider Taylor Adams instead of Zorko which would also free up $96,000.

R.Griffen

Have fun managing the byes. Too many Lions

disastrous

Brilliant, thanks for the advice Mr Craig and thanks Griffen as well, I threw in players I at least new the names of.

I need some serious tweaks for bye rounds though, round 11 is pretty bare!

I need to replace some of the Lions players in particular as R.Griffen said, any suggestions?

Def is okay for byes
Ruck rookie?
Mids, drop some Lions, Blues or Hawks for whom?
Fwd is ok for byes

R.Griffen

Ryan Harwood to a rookie Zac Jones or Hamling

Also one of Newton, Anderson, Cripps or Freeman gotta go and get an extra premium forward. To do that maybe loose Franklin, Goddard or Adams and downgrade to a mid priced player for some extra cash while the rest will come from downgrading Harwood

So I would say

Out Harwood to Jones gains you 240k
Out Buddy to Josh Kelly, Jack Martin or someone around that price will get you around another 170k
Out Newton he cost 190 + 410 + whatever else you have left to get a premium mid

nrich102

Clarke to Dick
Adams to Steele
Crouch to Premium
Newton to Premium
Dawson to another rookie
Harwood (Will miss round 1) to Yeo
Harbrow to Hibberd

Quote from: R.Griffen on March 03, 2015, 07:41:04 PM
No such thing  :P

R.Griffen

Quote from: nrich102 on March 03, 2015, 10:28:51 PM
Clarke to Dick
Adams to Steele
Crouch to Premium
Newton to Premium
Dawson to another rookie
Harbrow to Hibberd he was on drugs and won't play ;)

I know the Lions will score well but not all 21 players can score 100+ ;) be great if they did though

nrich102

Quote from: R.Griffen on March 04, 2015, 12:16:04 AM
Quote from: nrich102 on March 03, 2015, 10:28:51 PM
Clarke to Dick
Adams to Steele
Crouch to Premium
Newton to Premium
Dawson to another rookie
Harbrow to Hibberd he was on drugs and won't play ;)

I know the Lions will score well but not all 21 players can score 100+ ;) be great if they did though
True  :P

d.clohesy

Its a good team. Some POD in there. A few players that may not have great JS though.

Not every player is going to score over 100 for you each week. Not even at the end of the season wih your strongest team.

disastrous

Good stuff, thanks guys.

Made a few changes, I threw in Guthrie for the random Mid (price and bye round based decision) and King as a rookie Ruck, didn't know anyone better.

Appreciate the advice so far.  This is how I'm looking with only 2k in the bank

R.Griffen

Guthrie not the best option get pron to tagging. I'd say downgrade on of your premium defenders to a midpriced defender then you should be able to upgrade Guthrie to a premium