Swag Bombers 2018

Started by PureSwag, January 25, 2018, 12:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PureSwag

Here we go again. 2nd year of AFL Fantasy, last year wasn't good. Looking to bounce back.

Salary Cap: 63k

I would like advice.

Football Factory

Quote from: PureSwag on January 25, 2018, 12:13:54 PM
Here we go again. 2nd year of AFL Fantasy, last year wasn't good. Looking to bounce back.

Salary Cap: 63k

I would like advice.

Hey Swagger, pretty good start there buddy.

Rookies: who know's? need to wait and see teams .. JLT etc  .

I am liking L.Keefe who went to GWS from the Pies after his drug ban, reckon he plays round 1 and is basement price. Once again we need to see some JLT and intra club games to see where he is in terms of best 22. J.Kelly and L.Ryan are probably good bets to play next year from round 1. I see AFL Fantasy have decided to make them more expensive as usual just to annoy everybody unlike RDT where they actually have a proper pricing system that they stick by.

Defenders: Structure looks fine to me. Don't know about H.Shaw but with the injury to Williams maybe he returns to his best? not a bad price. Hurley i like and was keen on myself, he finished the year on fire. Only problem is with D.Smith and Stringer coming in it might push Hooker back into defence and this could have an effect on Hurley's scoring? Laird = gun enough said. Brayshaw worth the risk i reckon, could become a keeper if all the planets were to align  :D

Midfielders: Structure is fine. If i was going to be picky, for me your midfield needs another gun/keeper, i like the selections but for me personally i like to start with the top 4 or 5 mids in the comp. You can dump them for next best performing mids if something happens before they leak much cash. This is a lot easier in regards to RDT where the players prices do not change for the first 2 weeks.

Rucks: Having both Gawn and NN could be a worry, not sure how many games they will play each for the year? I will be starting with Lobb in my forward line so when he gains DPP R/F in round 6 i can use him to cover rucks missing games.

Forwards: Structure is okay considering there are bugger all bargains that we know of yet, seems to be a few in the forward line so we may as well take advantage of that at this early stage. Barlow worries the hell out of me  :-X there are a lot of people with him in their teams so i wont say anymore but just too risky for my liking. Think you need a really good strong scoring forward without an injury history like Barlow's. I like Billings, he went nuts last year, has turned into a premo forward.

Still a very long time to go before we can start to lock in some players, have fun tinkering.

PureSwag

Salary Left: 4k

Thanks for the feedback Football Factory, The rookies I haven't really done any research on them if anything, so thanks for a few names and I'll just put them in for placeholders. Hurley, I'll have a look at what the bombers do in the JLT to see if hooker goes back it will affect Hurley scoring. I agree with Shaw, his old and he also could get rested a bit through the year. Brayshaw will also be on the list of players to look out for in the JLT. Now the Mids, what I noticed last year is the mids is so much more important then supercoach cause a bit mid = a bad team. So I decided to make the mid really scary and just downgrade my FWD line as IMO the forward line in the weakest (was the weakest last year too) Adding Danger, Martin, Merret & Zorko just makes my MID really good and scary to see. The Ruck I will just have a look at during the JLT just to see whats going to happen to Gawn and Nicnat this year. The forward line I made weaker cause there really isn't many good FWD that I want. Billings and Henney look like the only ones I want. Put Lobb in cause I like your thing with moving into ruck if one of them get rested or injured.

Would like more feedback if needed. Thanks :)

Ringo

Can not argue much as structure is same as mine with differing prems. You have a superstrong mid though. We just need to nail the right rookies which will be a task in itself.

Football Factory

Yeah i like it, things will change from now till round 1 but you have the basis of a good team imo.

PureSwag

Updated Team!!!

Feedback Wanted.

iZander

Quote from: PureSwag on February 25, 2018, 10:43:15 PM
Updated Team!!!

Feedback Wanted.

Pretty nice team, cant question most of those, my only concerns are

Dylan roberton - finished poor in the season, history of very spasmodic scoring and scoring VERY reliant of role/how saints play which id rather wait and see what game plan they bring

Gunston - At his current average i reckon hes a bit of an almost a keeper and i have concerns in the fact that he has already stated that he doesnt have a defensive bone in his body and if he goes forward im not sure he will keep up these averages now hawks are no longer a premiership team, personal opinion maybe but we saw a drop from almost all of hawks forwards last year

Rockliff, personally dont think he gets the free run he did at brissy but i know many will disagree with that

Martin? Will be have the solo spot? if he does thats gonna be a ripper pick, im finding rucks really hard this year so your guess is as good as fine

PureSwag

Updated Team. 30k Left.

Agree with your point on Dylan Roberton, so had a bit of extra money so I put a more reliable guy who could even have a better year in Yeo because he might spend more Mid time with Priddis and Mitchell retired. Gunston is getting old and I really didn't know who to put there as the FWD is weak this year, so put Lobb and hoping he can turn into a keeper and change into Ruck later in the year, just in case one of my Rucks get injured. Rockliff was just there just to see what he can do but I really just now sure how he's going to go, even last year I had him and I was a bit disappointed after he came back from injury, so I replaced him with Dusty who after JLT Game 1 is going to continue his form in 2018.

More feedback wanted.

PureSwag

Team nearly locked in just have a few concers.
Cap Left: $0

Dangerfield is in doubt to play RD1 and I'm unsure who to get. Sicily don't think I'll keep but also unsure on what to do. Feedback is wanted on team.

Thunderbolts

LDU wont be big atm, N Freeman is injured
Interesting pick with Bont could go well.

I saw Rioli is injured, only safe one of the 3 is ryan by looks of it.

Consider rook prices like Holman, Barry etc

Jukes

As Thunderbolts mentions, I wouldn't be going with LDU or Dow as it doesn't look as if they'll be great fantasy scorers from the get go, and are making you cough up a sizeable premium for them compared to guys like Banfield, Barry and Holman, who should score better - and Freeman is hurt of course.

Would also be very wary of the back-end of that forward line - Ryan won't score well at all, while I don't think Venables, Keeffe, or Rioli are best 22. There are very little good forward rookie options this year aside from Fritsch (210k) so upgrading there to some mid-price or higher options such as Devon Smith and Rory Lobb would probably be a good move.

PureSwag

Salary Cap Left: $6k

Thanks for the feedback and did a lot of changes and I think the team is really starting to form. Brought in Freo Brayshaw instead of Dow and I think a lot of people did that. Danger to Martin was a no brainier but Danger is still a chance to Play RD1 so will keep an eye on that. Sicily I couldn't stand being the FWD line so had a bit of extra cash so just brought in Billings and thought that was fine. I'm facing a bit on an issue weather to go with Neale or the Bont. Went with Neale for now but want to hear your guys thoughts. Changed a lot of rookies to one that should play but just will wait till next Thursday to confirm the rooks. More feedback is wanted.