Main Menu

EURO Trading

Started by Holz, September 03, 2012, 12:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Trade of picks never counted as list movement ???

Scrads, that trade is super even. Holz I would get on that deal :o

The F.A.R.K.

Cant see how you can say its ubfair because these rookies are unkown scoring potential

You brang up the mitch thorp and laycock debate. Lets spin that round and say wat if toumpas becomes selwood and vlastuin becomes a 300 game 90 av defender

Toumpas played 2 years of sanfl, played ais, sa captain and has great dt stats as a junior. His chances of converting this to the afl are pretty high especially at melb where he will be given oppourtunities

Like it has been raised tonight no offence to spite but he probsbly isnt in premiership contention this year, while the bashers are! We get a premium player short term while our premiership window is open, spite gets lots of youth to develop while his window is closed in the hope of turning this youth into 2-3 premium players when his window opens down the track

picker_man

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on December 18, 2012, 01:29:47 AM
Cant see how you can say its ubfair because these rookies are unkown scoring potential

You brang up the mitch thorp and laycock debate. Lets spin that round and say wat if toumpas becomes selwood and vlastuin becomes a 300 game 90 av defender

Toumpas played 2 years of sanfl, played ais, sa captain and has great dt stats as a junior. His chances of converting this to the afl are pretty high especially at melb where he will be given oppourtunities

Like it has been raised tonight no offence to spite but he probsbly isnt in premiership contention this year, while the bashers are! We get a premium player short term while our premiership window is open, spite gets lots of youth to develop while his window is closed in the hope of turning this youth into 2-3 premium players when his window opens down the track

Fyfe's 21, wouldnt call him a short term premium ;)

LaHug

Thanks for catching me up to date, guys!

ALERT: The Bison are looking for a Captain option. Basically, we want a key DT mid and are willing to trade you some of our delicious forward line to get it. Send your offers!

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on December 18, 2012, 12:55:07 AM
Quote from: whatlez on December 18, 2012, 12:45:39 AM
Please vote, pass cause one of my trades depend on it :P

it's good to see that you're going to be taking this trade at face value and remain unbiased...

I'm sure Le would be reasonable enough to take jones for R47 eitherway...

that being said, JB is right- the bashers and greece dont get a vote in this, since this concerns them (it'd be like being accused of a crime, and being part of your own jury), by that logic, your involvement means you probably shouldnt either.

ftr though lez, your own assistant coach also saw this trade as being uneven :P

oh- and everyone, I've exceeded my PM limit for the hour- in case you didnt get my last message- all votes get sent to holz.
ok so do those who were putting up offers fo fyfe and missed out also not get to vote... because they don't want the trade to pass as much as the bashers and greece do want it

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: picker_man on December 18, 2012, 01:33:26 AM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on December 18, 2012, 01:29:47 AM

Fyfe's 21, wouldnt call him a short term premium ;)

Yes he is 21 but he will ave 95 this year while toumpas will ave 75-80

This trade is like an investment property for spite

He has put x dollars in to buy the house (fyfe for toumpas, vlaus + other youth)

In 3-4 years time his house will be worth 2-3x dollars (he will own 2-3 fyfes)

Justin Bieber

I see Fyfe an overrated flog who will problem get injured. I see Spite winning :o (well not fully)

I like Rics point on people will be against just the fact that they missed out on Fyfe...

I thought there many other questionable trades over this one...

LaHug

Surely it comes down to how you rate Fyfe. Personally, I rate him as a 110+ DTer for years to come. Yes, there's injury risks, but it's hard to bet that they'll plague his career when he's only 21.

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on December 18, 2012, 01:40:21 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on December 18, 2012, 12:55:07 AM
Quote from: whatlez on December 18, 2012, 12:45:39 AM
Please vote, pass cause one of my trades depend on it :P

it's good to see that you're going to be taking this trade at face value and remain unbiased...

I'm sure Le would be reasonable enough to take jones for R47 eitherway...

that being said, JB is right- the bashers and greece dont get a vote in this, since this concerns them (it'd be like being accused of a crime, and being part of your own jury), by that logic, your involvement means you probably shouldnt either.

ftr though lez, your own assistant coach also saw this trade as being uneven :P

oh- and everyone, I've exceeded my PM limit for the hour- in case you didnt get my last message- all votes get sent to holz.
ok so do those who were putting up offers fo fyfe and missed out also not get to vote... because they don't want the trade to pass as much as the bashers and greece do want it
haha. That'd presuming that those who were rejected because of fyfe are rejecting the trade out of spite- we gain nothing from the trade going through, but in the hypothetical scenario that it's an even trade we lose nothing either.

secondly, greece havent been pushing hard for this to go through- they've said they're happy for it to go to a vote and whatever we say they'll abide by... only the bashers are really pushing for this to go through, further indicative of it being an uneven trade.

Fark- stop talking out of your ass. 'He'll average 95 this year' if that's so, why did you 'trade 2-3 premium players for him', since you have several other players in that scoring range who could easily take his place if he's a 'short term gain'. Half the things you say contradict eachother.

Ok, I'm cracking open my stats book now. I'm going to start at the 02 draft and move upwards for the first round, these are career high averages ftr.

02 draft first round:
100+: 1
90+:3
80+:5
<60: 6
03 draft:
100+: 2 (although that includes mclean)
90+: 3
80+: 1 (discluding walkers 7 game season, 2 otherwise)
<70: 6
04 draft:
100+: 2
90+:2
80+: 3
<70: 4
04 draft:
100+: 3
90+: 2
80+: 3
<60: 3

I'm going to stop there, since anyone taken after that draft is still young enough that they mightnt have hit their potential- I didnt really take anyone before the 02 draft, since the game has changed substantially since those players were drafted, and a lot of the players would have had their careers ended before todays high DT scoring game. So I've actually tweaked the stats slightly to suit your arguments by doing that... even so, it's incredibly easy to see that in every draft, more shower cows are taken, in the first round, let alone that showerhouse national 80 pick you traded, than decent, premium players.

Ziplock

Quote from: whatlez on December 18, 2012, 02:21:49 AM
I see Fyfe an overrated flog who will problem get injured. I see Spite winning :o (well not fully)

I like Rics point on people will be against just the fact that they missed out on Fyfe...

I thought there many other questionable trades over this one...

not all of us are hormonal, retarded teenagers lez- I'm not going to hold a grudge just because I didn't get fyfe... flower knows I wish I'd managed to get a player who went 100+ before he was a teenager for a bunch of hacks like that.

For instance, I was negotiating with spite for fyfe before he informed me that toga was close to getting a deal... I was a bit disappointed, but it's his call who he wants to trade with, and I wouldn't have mentioned it again... until I saw the piece of shower that the bashers were raping one of the already weakest teams in the competition with.

like I was a  bit hazy on the trade when I thought it was hamish mcintosh, but I wouldn't have put it to a vote, since imo trades should only be blocked if a team is getting absolutely bent over.

But, since it's not H mcintosh, but a 65 avg. key defender, this is completely bent over.

I have absolutely nothing to gain from blocking this trade- I wont be able to get fyfe into my team eitherway.

And if it was fair trade, I'd have nothing to lose either- the bashers would hypothetically be weakened as much as they strengthened themselves in one way or another.

But, since it's not a fair trade, everyone in the competition is losing out- the bashers are significantly strengthening themselves more than they are losing, and with fyfe youth, thats a lonnnnng lasting impact.

As for fyfe only playing like 46/66 possible games so far, players like ablett, pendlebury hadnt played much more at this stage in their career- most players only play like half a season in their first year, so all you have is pretty much 1 injury warping his average games played from such a low pool of stats.

elephants

Zip, serious question... Do you have a life?

Ziplock

serious question: are you going to have a fyfe?

:P

I'm going to bed but, I'm tired.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: elephants on December 18, 2012, 03:01:37 AM
Zip, serious question... Do you have a life?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA flower ME HAHAHAHA

Well another point, your trying to say toumpas wont be a 90+ player

Consider the players from those drafts who were top ten and aversged 70 and below

My guess is mostvof them were kpp or had low stats at junior level or went to top 8 sides where they were guven minimal gametimei.e plowman

Now look at the players who went on to av 90+. My guess is alot of them are mids similar to toumpas who ave 30 disposals in sanfl 18s and played 2 years of senior footy, ave 20+ touches, csptained there state 18s side, played ais and is at melb where he is in best 22 already!

Vlaustin, Heath, Mcintosh while they might not become 90+ defenders are capable of being 75-85 defenders which are valuable in this comp. All 3 are young and are at clubs where they will be given gametime and an oppourtunity to shine

Atkins while he might be a year or two off getting a game at crows, he collected 50 touches in a tac cup game. He is a dt player and has been compared to didak

Could you imagine in 4-6 years we look back at this trade and it is

100av mid + 3x 75av def + 90av fwd for 95-105 av mid

Im not saying that will happen but it isnt outta the question

We traded hard for nat picks, we picked the best dt youth in the comp and now we are trying to cash in on our smart recruiting, we arent ripping spite off the deal suits us now while our premiership window is open, the deal suits spite in a few yrs when his premiership window opens

Ill admit we have won a lot of trades this year

In particular any trade with torps :p

But this trade was discussed all trade period until both parties were happy, its not like we slapped it together last minute

The F.A.R.K.

Sorry for all the typos im on my phone. flowering phone keypads thede days and their small sensitive touch screens aaargh

Xx

Jay

Quote from: whatlez on December 18, 2012, 12:58:44 AM
Stupid hour thing >:(

Jay?? You never mentioned that Fyfe is an injury prone flower. His shoulders are dead and he is soft as butter. I wouldn't even want him in my team. So whoever loses him, I see the winner.

I don't see it being horrible... And since I've done worse trades.

here it is Lez:
Quote from: Jayman on December 14, 2012, 08:51:17 PM
I am only an assistant to the Sons in this comp. but couldn't help but throw my 2cents in on the 'Fyfe' trade.

Not to get on the bad side of anyone, but I think it needs to go to a vote. Fyfe is a young, premium that will without a doubt be a star of the comp. soon, if not already.

Toumpas and Vlastuin may turn out to be very good players but no matter how high they were drafted they are still unproven at AFL level.

Just my thoughts, but a trade like this where a star is traded for un-proven players deserves to go to a vote :)