Main Menu

EURO Trading

Started by Holz, September 03, 2012, 12:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picker_man

Appreciate the explanation into your thinking Holz :)

I cant speak for other coaches but aslong as the rules are set out and on a thread for everyone to read and understand before any drafting or trading commences next year I cant see there being any problems :) its just when half way through it changes and impacts teams, problems seem to arise.

In regards to some teams changing there trading stratergies and maybe there team looking weaker, can you blame them??. I certainly traded some older guns for good younger players because who has a chance again you and the Bashers?? I want a premiership, I dont wanna finish 3rd or 4th for the next few years behind you guys, and the only way to get one is going a bit younger so I have a team strong enough team to try take over when you and ele are done winning them all. No offence but you having such a strong team probbly contributed to that issue

Justin Bieber

Please vote, pass cause one of my trades depend on it :P

Holz

Quote from: picker_man on December 18, 2012, 12:41:44 AM

I cant speak for other coaches but aslong as the rules are set out and on a thread for everyone to read and understand before any drafting or trading commences next year I cant see there being any problems :) its just when half way through it changes and impacts teams, problems seem to arise.

In regards to some teams changing there trading stratergies and maybe there team looking weaker, can you blame them??. I certainly traded some older guns for good younger players because who has a chance again you and the Bashers?? I want a premiership, I dont wanna finish 3rd or 4th for the next few years behind you guys, and the only way to get one is going a bit younger so I have a team strong enough team to try take over when you and ele are done winning them all. No offence but you having such a strong team probbly contributed to that issue

Yes I know I'm part of the problem. I can understand why you would trade your old players away. What I don't understand is why people trade away their young guns if they are going young.

Im thinking of a solution its drastic and I will sleep on it. Don't worry it won't negatively effect anoyone and I'm not changing the rules.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: whatlez on December 18, 2012, 12:45:39 AM

Maybe you shouldnt vote then.

elephants

Just gotta make finals Pickers, anything can happen from there ;)

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 18, 2012, 12:49:06 AM

People will probably vote against lez just to spite him :)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holzman on December 18, 2012, 12:47:52 AM

Yes I know I'm part of the problem. I can understand why you would trade your old players away. What I don't understand is why people trade away their young guns if they are going young.

Im thinking of a solution its drastic and I will sleep on it. Don't worry it won't negatively effect anoyone and I'm not changing the rules.

Points cap?

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 18, 2012, 12:51:13 AM
Quote from: Holzman on December 18, 2012, 12:47:52 AM

Points cap?

No nothing like that. Everything will be as normal. No need to worry about anything.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 18, 2012, 12:49:06 AM

Nah I dont mind either.

Ziplock

it's good to see that you're going to be taking this trade at face value and remain unbiased...

I'm sure Le would be reasonable enough to take jones for R47 eitherway...

that being said, JB is right- the bashers and greece dont get a vote in this, since this concerns them (it'd be like being accused of a crime, and being part of your own jury), by that logic, your involvement means you probably shouldnt either.

ftr though lez, your own assistant coach also saw this trade as being uneven :P

oh- and everyone, I've exceeded my PM limit for the hour- in case you didnt get my last message- all votes get sent to holz.

picker_man

Quote from: elephants on December 18, 2012, 12:49:55 AM
Just gotta make finals Pickers, anything can happen from there ;)

Very true mate! with the amount of time i spend on my Euro's team compared to the other 2 i will seriously cry if i dont make these finals :'( lol

Justin Bieber

Stupid hour thing >:(

Jay?? You never mentioned that Fyfe is an injury prone flower. His shoulders are dead and he is soft as butter. I wouldn't even want him in my team. So whoever loses him, I see the winner.

I don't see it being horrible... And since I've done worse trades.

elephants

Just so everyone knows, this Fyfe deal allows Spink and Spite to field a team.

Ziplock

pointless argument, since vlastuin is the only player who's taking the field- can hardly say that it let them field a team when they have like half a dozen rookie picks left to take in which to fill up spots, and the only player you gave them guaranteed 15+ games is toumpas.

Scrads

My thoughts about the trading.

Agreed that we now have some lopsided teams. There were A LOT of trades and I completely agree that next year the players picked in drafts will count as a list movement. What I don't agree on is a trade of picks counting as a list movement. Some trades need a pick or a pick upgrade on the end of them just as that little 'evener' to help the trade along and I think that would be unfair to make that count towards their list movements.

e.g. Scott Pendlebury + Pick 30 for Zac Dawson + Pick 40 to me should only count as one list movement.

The other thing I disliked was trades being spread over trade periods. The only thing against that though is that it would be impossible to stop if the coaches just kept it secret that 2 separate trades were actually linked and did it anyway.

Think the caps on the trade periods should also have slightly lesser caps next year (although I think Holz has mentioned this).

Holz this new 'idea' you have did you want to share it with us ? Might be helpful to get some general feedback from everyone.