Main Menu

EURO Trading

Started by Holz, September 03, 2012, 12:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picker_man

Quote from: Ziplock on December 17, 2012, 11:20:49 PM
Quote from: picker_man on December 17, 2012, 10:19:59 PM
Quote from: Holzman on December 17, 2012, 08:51:45 PM
Yeah they count this 3rd period is just about fixing DPP changes.

The coaches who had alot of Nat picks have clearly had an advantage to those coaches who have alot of Rookie picks then. Look what the Bashers did with all there Nat picks got Fyfe in, Seems completely unfair a coach with alot of Rookie picks isnt givin the same oppurtunity >:(

If it was going to change for this period I think it should of maybe been mentioned before the other trade window finsihed!!
coacheswith heaps of nat picks traded fro their nat picks, coaches with heaps of rookie picks traded for those rookie picks- you've disadvantaged yourself, it's a very obvious rule and it's really straight forward.

Quote from: SilkySkills on December 17, 2012, 11:07:10 PM
My view, a list movement is a list movement, regardless of where they are on your list, or when they entered your team.

basically ^ yeah.

as for the fyfe thing... have the votes been counted on that?

that makes no sence ???

What are you trying to say is an obviouse rule... If you can show me where it says teams with Nat players can on trade them with no extra list movements but teams with Rookie picks cant... otherwise how is it obviouse where all just meant to know the rule would change like you Zip.... actually prietty sure your the one who asked about it before the last trade period wasnt that obviouse to you either ::)

Ziplock

wait, sorry, I've gotten confused.

didn't national listed players count towards the cap last trade period?! why not?

:S

I mean, if that's what happened, then logically rookie players shouldnt count to the cap either.

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on December 17, 2012, 11:35:49 PM
Settle dude, clearly a lot of people disagreed with you.

mate, a lot of people agreed with me. But if that's how the voting swung, so be it.

picker_man

Quote from: Ziplock on December 17, 2012, 11:44:12 PM

didn't national listed players count towards the cap last trade period?! why not?

I mean, if that's what happened, then logically rookie players shouldnt count to the cap either.

nah they didnt thats my point, someone with 10 Nat players could trade all of them and get say 3 guns in and it didnt count as any list movements, so obviously you would them think someone with alot of rookie picks would have the same oppurtunity or atleast be told the rule was changing before the end of the last trade period to be able to plan differently

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ziplock on December 17, 2012, 11:44:12 PM

They didn't or the bashers would of had 10-12 changes when the max was six!

Holz as an assumption from most, we had ZERO clue that there is that DPP thing you just said out of the blue. That was a Worlds trading rule, but if it wasn't clear, then we should just get a certain amount of list changes and Nat/Rook players do not count as a change.

LaHug

I've been fairly inactive since the season ended and really cbf reading through the bickering to find anything important. Anyone want to fill me in on what all this arguing about picks, trading, and Fyfe is?

Ziplock

Ele Gives: Toumpas + Vlastuin + Heath + Atkins + Mcintosh + R44 + R47[
Spinking Gives: Fyfe + R52 + R63 + Logan

that was the fyfe trade, that I, and at least 3 other coaches, were opposing for the following reasons (in my case anyway)

Quote from: Ziplock on December 14, 2012, 10:44:18 PM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on December 14, 2012, 09:47:42 PM
Toumpas in the top 3 rated mids in this draft, vlastuin the highest rated defender in this draft plus heath at port wilk get game time and atkins ans mcintosh while taken late in euro draft, are highly rated prospect players for 2-3 years time. Atkins was linked to bombers at pick 30 odd and has been compared to didak while mcintosh is a running halfback/wingman with height
Spite gets a great load of youth and we get a premium mid...it is pretty flowering fair. We win short term spite wins long term

so? they're still all untried players.

let me throws some names at you.

Laycock
Nicholas smith
daniel bell
ryley dunn
john meesen
dowler
thorp

I've just picked a bunch of names, this isn't even all of them. Most people won't know the majority of these guys, fantasy footballers are probably the only ones who will. Who are they? They're all first round draft picks who never really succeeded. Top 10 picks in quite a few cases. Then you have players like tambling, who are still in the system, but destined for mediocrity.

whats my point? you cant judge how good a player is going to be at AFL just from their draft picks. All those blokes would have been rated as highly talented youngsters. That being said, mcintosh is a key defender who averaged 65 ppg in the WAFl, atkins averaged 82 in TAC, but his STD was 36.51... that's ridiculous for a midfielder, and generally indicates that he dominates  weaker opposition, but struggles against quality... hence why he was taken at pick 80. Toumpas is hard to rate because of his injury, while vlastuin only averaged 79 if you remove his outlier in TAC.

Heath is, at the VERY best, injury prone. More probable is just not good enough- if he was a reasonable HB, and I'm talking like ok, not even good, it would be safe to say he'd average like 60-70 ppg in dt and sc. If he was a good hb, we're talking 70+... at which point he would have been playing at sydney. If he was any good, theres no flowering way that sydney, with their aging backline and injuryproness, would have traded him for a flowering pick upgrade from 85 to 72.

To summarise: the bashers have offered- a pick 30 key back, a pick 80 average and incredibly inconsistent midfielder, a top 10 draft pick defender/mid who's good but an average DTer at best and a top 3 pick midfielder. Oh, and 2 small pick upgrades from from 52---> 44 and 63--> 47

For a 100+ extremely highly rated midfielder + some defensive depth.

Why are the bashers so keen for this to go through? because they know they're raping the trade.

People will compare this to the murphy trade I made, but it's completely different for several reasons, firstly, fyfe is younger. Secondly, murphy has established that he really struggles with a tag, which he'll be getting with the decline of judd, thirdly, the nations picks I received were substantially higher and I got 2 extremely talented players. Fourthly, the trade included 2 players, who, like similar to this trade, were also high draft picks, but unlike this trade, have already demonstrated their potential at an AFL level.

when I originally looked at the trade, I thought it was a bit uneven, and said so... then when the bashers started talking it up so much, I thought I'd actually look into all the players involved...

And its obvious this trade is a complete rout.

I'm personally voting for its rejection. It's a loss for spite in both the short term, and the long term. If it was a trade involving someone like boyd etc. I'd probably pass it... but fyfe is 10 years too young to allow this trade to go through.

Justin Bieber

Oh btw, I never voted lol...

picker_man

Quote from: LaHug on December 17, 2012, 11:53:40 PM
I've been fairly inactive since the season ended and really cbf reading through the bickering to find anything important. Anyone want to fill me in on what all this arguing about picks, trading, and Fyfe is?

Short and Sweet for you mate.

Fyfe was traded for a bunch of young kids, Zip and 3 or 4 others where against the trade and i think the coaches are still a lil unsure if its gone through or not as it happend a week ago and Holz hasnt mentioned whats happening with it.... i think thats right :-\

In regards to the picks and on trading, Basically anyone in the last trade period who had a National picked player was able to on trade them and it not cost a listmovement i.e - Toumpas, Wines, Whitefield = Cotchin, no list movement except for person trading Cotch.  Wiith no notification the rule has been changed and people with alot of rookie picks arnt allowed the same advantage.

Thats about it i think :)

picker_man

Quote from: whatlez on December 18, 2012, 12:07:36 AM
Oh btw, I never voted lol...

i never voted either, but prietty hard if you dont get a PM asking you too lol

Ziplock

yeah, apparently holz started sending pm's around, and the first 4 came back saying they passed the trade, so he just stopped sending them around and passed it :P

smeh. To be fair though, it only needed 6 votes to pass (since the two parties involved obviously dont get a vote :P )

Justin Bieber

I really do not know who was unhappy with the trade cept Zip?

elephants

Zip and JBs were the most unhappy parties.

Who cares though, its all done and dusted :)

Clarification on this rookie movements rule? My two cents is they shouldn't count. Ridiculously unfair on Pickers if they do!!

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on December 18, 2012, 12:12:15 AM
yeah, apparently holz started sending pm's around, and the first 4 came back saying they passed the trade, so he just stopped sending them around and passed it :P

smeh. To be fair though, it only needed 6 votes to pass (since the two parties involved obviously dont get a vote :P )

I was wrong there zip on review it was 3 pass and 2 reject. But some of them wernt in the comp. Will put it to a vote now.

Let me explain the rookie thing i did want the 2nd and 3rd trade periods just for people to fix up if they say had a guy taken in the nat too early or they lost dpp and needed a small change like a mid for a forward. I should have realised but i was a bit niave to see that the fyfe situation would occur where a team would offer a bunch or rookies for one super star.

Being burnt by that made me restricitive on the rules for the 3rd period but i realise that is unfair on the people with rookie picks. I will have too allow rookie players taken in the rookie draft to be free list movments.

Im going to be very very restricitve next year in trading as im really happy recently in some of the trading as i can see some teams as being stupidly weak next year. Sure there were some guys you would think you woudl beat last year (like me) but there was laways a chance i could win.

There are a few teams i think i could play each week this year and beat them every single time.

The 2nd and 3rd period were supposed to be just for fixing small holes but they have been used to majorly change teams.

Next year all players picks will cost a movement however you got them. Trading period 1 will be where you change your team and traind period 2 and 3 will be mainly for fixing up your teams.

At this stage i wish i had never had a 2nd or 3rd period. Teams were looking much more balanced before that happens. It seems some teams have completely given up being competetive. 

elephants

Wait, so the Fyfe trade isn't set in stone yet? Gonna be a nervous night! :P