Main Menu

EURO Trading

Started by Holz, September 03, 2012, 12:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picker_man

come on lez :o i think the last 2 days of whinging has just been cause your not happy with the trades you've made, you made the trades so deal with it ::) the rule isnt in place cause you wanna change your mind later.......

elephants

Quote from: picker_man on September 16, 2012, 07:07:06 PM
come on lez :o i think the last 2 days of whinging has just been cause your not happy with the trades you've made, you made the trades so deal with it ::) the rule isnt in place cause you wanna change your mind later.......
+1

Justin Bieber

I wanted to change my mind on the day, but didn't cause I didn't want to dog LH.

Now I want to dog him :P

Ziplock

no it shouldn't- you flowered up, and if your list stays like this you'll have to play someone OOP.

LaHug

Quote from: whatlez on September 16, 2012, 07:09:14 PM
I wanted to change my mind on the day, but didn't cause I didn't want to dog LH.

Now I want to dog him :P
Why do you want to dog me now........?

Spinking

Quote from: Holzman on September 16, 2012, 06:21:06 PM
Serbia Receive: Brett Deledio + Pick 7
Greece Receive: Dylan Shiel + Stephen Coniglio + Brandon Ellis + Daniel Pearce.

Reason: Have too many good mids so trading 2 potential stars for one current star. Brandon Ellis is a big loss but pick 7 should be able to cover that. Daniel Pearce should get a gig when the dogs rebuild but again way too many mids.

Confirmed. Pick up some great kids, who fit with the structure I'm working on.

Apologies for he hold up!

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on September 16, 2012, 07:10:08 PM
no it shouldn't- you flowered up, and if your list stays like this you'll have to play someone OOP.
+1
Yeah, thats just tough man.

Justin Bieber

Then why is there a vote option? Zip made it very clear that it was a poor trade, so it should of gotten to a vote straight away? Or does none of these rules count for anything?

LaHug

Quote from: whatlez on September 16, 2012, 07:13:19 PM
Then why is there a vote option? Zip made it very clear that it was a poor trade, so it should of gotten to a vote straight away? Or does none of these rules count for anything?

Quote from: Holzman on September 03, 2012, 12:52:55 AM
All questionable trades will be put to a vote, note this is designed for only really one sided trades were its a terrible deal, not just where some team is winning.

The trade may not have been the best thing for your team in the short term but it wasn't like it was hugely one sided. It goes to a vote if it was really one sided, not if you realise that you are short on backs.

picker_man

Quote from: whatlez on September 16, 2012, 07:13:19 PM

no the rules are inplace if its completely unfair, Jones for duffield is not unfair........ how are we meant to know what your doing with your structure..... I'd like to cancel a trade i did but ive gotta deal with it + i'd like you to get duffield back as i'd offer you something i reckon you'd take LaHug wouldnt but what's done is done :)

Justin Bieber

Well on the day I said I do not want to go through with the trade then LH said I am screwed, I did the trade with Pickers already and I need our trade to go through... I still didn't want to go through with it, then felt bad... :S.

It was essentially if I didn't go through with it.. LH would be worse for wear as he needed both trades to go through and he accepted the one with pickers, before he got 100% comfirmation with me. Then posted it before I got to think about it more.

picker_man

why am i brought into another issue :-[ lol. anywayz im happy with my trades overall so yeah will leave it up to you and LH to work out, but if goes to vote i know what i will go for ;) :P

LaHug

Quote from: whatlez on September 16, 2012, 07:25:48 PM
Well on the day I said I do not want to go through with the trade then LH said I am screwed, I did the trade with Pickers already and I need our trade to go through... I still didn't want to go through with it, then felt bad... :S.

It was essentially if I didn't go through with it.. LH would be worse for wear as he needed both trades to go through and he accepted the one with pickers, before he got 100% comfirmation with me. Then posted it before I got to think about it more.
You said via Facebook chat that you confirmed it. You may have changed your mind between then and me confirming with pickers and you're right in saying that I would have been worse for wear. However, you did the right thing and stayed with what we had previously agreed on. For that, you have my utmost respect and I can vouch for your integrity on the trade market. However, trying to back out of it now is slowly undoing the good you did before.

I'm sorry that your team is worse off and I'm 100% for having trades between the drafts and the season (also think the limit should be higher than 2-3... maybe 5 or even 8+). Hopefully you can get some backs back.

elephants

"I will accept..."

There! Problem solved ;D

Justin Bieber

Thursday
Luke Whatley
... I'm not that keen on the trade anymore... :S Not sure what to do

Thursday
LaHug
You're kidding me... The only reason I made either trade (this and the pickers one) is because they work well together...................
Why not........? I'm a bit screwed now...

Thursday
Luke Whatley

Yeah.... I know

Thursday
LaHug
what about it makes you no longer keen?

Thursday
Luke Whatley
Hmm... I see more value in duffield... :S

Thursday
LaHug
as in, you've seen more between last night and tonight than you had previously seen?
i don't know how to spice up the trade (don't have many/any chips left to throw in)
what would you need to get it through?

Thursday
Luke Whatley

Not sure... :S
.... Hold on... Give me 20 minutes.

Thursday
LaHug
ok...

Thursday
Luke Whatley
The more I thought about it... The more I realised duffield is at par or better than nat jones... And a defender..,, also realising I only have 2 back man on my whole list!
If I don't get the player I want from rookie daft, then I won't even have enough backs on my list....

Thursday
LaHug
zip told me that you intended on getting backs through the draft which is why you didn't care about how many you had in your list
and i agreed that duff was worth more than jones which is why i upgraded a couple of picks as well!

Thursday
Luke Whatley
I intended to wat?

Thursday
LaHug
i dunno, just passing on what he said...
rookie draft, apparently

Thursday
Luke Whatley
When did he say that?

Thursday
LaHug
just today when i was asking him about trades and he mentioned our duffield trade

Thursday
Luke Whatley
hmmm, hmm is there a way i can buy jones off you and keep duffield?

Thursday
LaHug
the whole point of trading with you was so that i could get duffield and the whole point of getting duffield was so that i could trade away 2 of my backs to pickers and not be screwed
if i don't get duffield, i don't have a fieldable backline any more

Thursday
Luke Whatley
im stuck in a rock and hard place here
i do not want to dog you mate

Thursday
LaHug
i know it must be irritating for you but you have to imagine how i'm feeling right now. i can't take back the pickers trade and i only confirmed that with him last night because we'd agreed on our deal

Thursday
Luke Whatley
yeah...
who knows duffield could turn into a spud

Thursday
LaHug

he may well. just like n jones could improve much more than expected and average 105+ next season. and i'm taking that risk because it meant i could afford weakening my backline to get zorko
i can't back out of this now

Thursday
Luke Whatley

mmm
i will accept...