Main Menu

EURO Trading

Started by Holz, September 03, 2012, 12:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on September 07, 2012, 04:01:44 PM
Unlimited rookie draft picks? Tell me more ???

And you can trade them to me. That's cheating if you make that rule.

basically if you dont hit your cap, you can keep picking in the rookie. I really dont like the rule and there were very strong reasons not to but people seem to want it.

Justin Bieber

Well I do not like this. I might have priority, but that means everyone else will get heaps of picks too...

So cap of 40 players, keep picking until you hit the cap? Any specific order?

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on September 07, 2012, 04:27:07 PM
Well I do not like this. I might have priority, but that means everyone else will get heaps of picks too...

So cap of 40 players, keep picking until you hit the cap? Any specific order?

I will keep it in discussions. I thought you were the main person for the unlimmited picks. Will talk to the others who wanted it. As i said idont want it as people will just get rid of all there nat and fringe picks and just pick afl players. The rule may change back to how i wanted it.

Justin Bieber

That's what I am saying. This will allow me to get rid of all my spuds and no names. I think we need to find a way, for everyone to have the same amount, but not to throw away players. But saying that at pick 70+ in Rookie. There won't be much left. So yeah this is alright... I spose...

Spinking

I've pushed for the unlimited rookie draft trades idea, mainly because I will require it at the Titans.  I'll need to delist around 8 or 9 players at season's end and under the old rules I would have ended up with 3 or 4 less players than everyone else.

I recommended to Holz that the rule be changed to reflect the AFL system where you can delist anyone you dont want and take additional picks at the end of the draft to get yourself back to the required number.

While it sounds like this could be exploited, I highly doubt it would be.  The additional picks will not generally result in high quality players, and not many teams will want to go delisting more than 5 per year.  It would be like an AFL team delisting half it's team to get extra picks in the draft.

Just my thoughts anyway

Holz

Quote from: Spinking on September 07, 2012, 04:48:05 PM
I've pushed for the unlimited rookie draft trades idea, mainly because I will require it at the Titans.  I'll need to delist around 8 or 9 players at season's end and under the old rules I would have ended up with 3 or 4 less players than everyone else.

I recommended to Holz that the rule be changed to reflect the AFL system where you can delist anyone you dont want and take additional picks at the end of the draft to get yourself back to the required number.

While it sounds like this could be exploited, I highly doubt it would be.  The additional picks will not generally result in high quality players, and not many teams will want to go delisting more than 5 per year.  It would be like an AFL team delisting half it's team to get extra picks in the draft.

Just my thoughts anyway

good point spinking it must be noted that while the rokoie draft will have very good players early. Those getting the additional picks will be 60-70+ and the draft is not this deep. I would suggest people who picked rookie who are not playing they might want to rethink delisting them as they coudl take time to develop.

Justin Bieber

So can we get a detailed rule or put into into a discussion thread?

picker_man

who has early national draft picks they are not to interested in, or young yet to develope players. I still got some quality older players willing to trade for them - Judd, Wells, Petrie, Bock, Dempster, Newman........ come on pplz :)

Holz

Im on the lockout for top 10 picks. preapred to pay for them. PM me if your willing to let them go.

picker_man

Quote from: Holzman on September 07, 2012, 07:56:47 PM
Im on the lockout for top 10 picks. preapred to pay for them. PM me if your willing to let them go.

just noticed your a moderator Holz nice work m8 congrats! but no pm me 1st ;) haha.

Ricochet

After a solid win today R.Shaw (94) and M.Morton (75) are on the Bashers trade table. Expecting a million offers so get in quick  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ricochet on September 08, 2012, 07:04:43 PM
After a solid win today R.Shaw (94) and M.Morton (75) are on the Bashers trade table. Expecting a million offers so get in quick  :P

How did Brodie go? :P

Ricochet

Quote from: whatlez on September 08, 2012, 07:17:34 PM

a nice 20 possie game... haha 0 tackles doesnt help his DT scoring

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ricochet on September 08, 2012, 07:28:55 PM

I think he is on the table now ;D

elephants

Quote from: whatlez on September 08, 2012, 07:30:25 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 08, 2012, 07:28:55 PM

I think he is on the table now ;D