Euros 15s National Draft 2013

Started by elephants, November 22, 2012, 07:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 28, 2012, 08:08:45 PM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 28, 2012, 08:07:23 PM
You again Hp ;)

Picker's player choice as per agreement on our trade :).

All good, gives us some time to plan our next 2 picks ;)

Justin Bieber

And I select Jason Ashby.

Not much time Fark :P.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 28, 2012, 08:10:39 PM
And I select Jason Ashby.

Not much time Fark :P.

flower you hahaha thats who i was wanting

Oh well

Bashers Take Rory Atkins

bit of a development project has been likened to Alan Didak

Atkins has travelled a different path than most to get to this point. Was one of the standout performers in Victoria as a 16-year-old, which saw him picked in the AIS-AFL Academy. But after a 2011 season that didn't meet expectations, he was cut from the prestigious program for his draft year. He also endured disappointment when he played only two games for Vic Metro at the championships this season before failing to make the final squad. But, in a sign of his maturity, Atkins bounced back. The week after being dropped by Metro he had 37 disposals, kicked two goals and was best afield for the Calder Cannons in their win over the Sandringham Dragons in the TAC Cup. The creative midfielder continued in the same vein, winning the club's best and fairest. Recruiters like his ability to shift forward and make an impact on the scoreboard (he kicked 12 goals in 15 games for the Cannons this year.)

Scrads

Holz if someone offers me a rookie pick for my pick 47 which I skipped, can I take a player who hasn't been picked since then and do it ?

CrowsFan

Was hoping Atkins would slip since he was taken so late in the draft :(

nostradamus

Ricochet

we'll go with Josh Prudden

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/playerprofile/joshprudden/tabid/9150/playerid/24663/category/senior/season/2012/selected/bio/default.aspx

A workhorse around stoppages, the 18 year old will bolster the Bulldogs growing midfield stocks but also  has the ability to play in defence. Prudden is a hard runner who is accurate by foot and possesses strong leadership skills. He had limited exposure during the TAC Cup this season playing only seven games for the Murray Bushrangers but was a favourite of school (Assumption College) football coach, former Bulldog Scott Wynd.

Draft History: 2012 NAB AFL Draft 3rd round selection (Western Bulldogs) No. 50 overall.

nostradamus

tbagrocks

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 28, 2012, 08:06:41 PM
Matt Jones

25 year old ball magnet pick to Melbourne, Neeld says he will play in 2013 should be an interesting prospect
In the same way Tom Couch did in 2012 ::)

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 28, 2012, 09:10:52 PM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 28, 2012, 08:06:41 PM
Matt Jones

25 year old ball magnet pick to Melbourne, Neeld says he will play in 2013 should be an interesting prospect
In the same way Tom Couch did in 2012 ::)

Tom couch couldnt get a game in the seniors at my local side a few years back, his story was more a rise to success plus couch was rookie listed

Jones was a draft prospect in 2010 and didnt get picked up, he has been on clubs radars for a while and he is actually on their senior list

tbagrocks

So the Tommy will be cast aside in 2013? That's how it seems :-\ With Jimmy and Tod anyway!

Ziplock

Justin Bieber

I really think Clay is a bit overrated here. I used to carve him up ;) Not really, but he wouldn't kill me.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: whatlez on November 28, 2012, 11:58:28 PM
I really think Clay is a bit overrated here. I used to carve him up ;) Not really, but he wouldn't kill me.

Very Skinny very raw and carn he has come through the queensland football league...which is the lowest quality league in australia. I think it is more a few people have seen him do a few freak things in an average league and are hoping he can emulatre that in the afl. Highly doubt it

nostradamus

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 29, 2012, 12:13:22 AM
Quote from: whatlez on November 28, 2012, 11:58:28 PM

Very Skinny very raw and carn he has come through the queensland football league...which is the lowest quality league in australia. I think it is more a few people have seen him do a few freak things in an average league and are hoping he can emulatre that in the afl. Highly doubt it

Will he make ??  ......who really knows. But at this stage of the draft we all take speculation picks in search a surprise gem, its just a matter of being lucky enough to snag one.

l think the kid has raw talent, and have read enough reports from judges with alot more knowledge than me to think he was worth taking a punt on. Another thing worth noting is that he was part of the AFL academy, and actually knocked back a TAC gig this season so he could play seniors footy as a 17 yo (which to me demonstrates strength of character) and did pretty well for a skinny kid