Ringos Team Thread 2024

Started by Ringo, January 25, 2024, 10:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: arbel on May 06, 2024, 12:41:58 PMI would be worried about Rozee, they played him after his scan showed a 'nick' in his hammy. That is usually 3 weeks on side to let heal so if he's made that worse who knows but has that low score in his cycle so he could bleed money. I think wait to see if he's out.

Fyfe vest is not a good sign, think this will be the way they play him through the year

Hinkley's press conference he said he got through everything fine at training but once fatigue set in that's what cooked him. He misses at least this week, but it doesn't sound like anything more than a couple weeks.

I saw Libba went to the bench late but missed the incident, he had a nasty collision earlier in the game. Multiple concussions in a short time (even if they said the one a couple weeks back was precautionary rather than concussion) puts a line through him. Wait on the report, if he is concussed I'd make the move because that could go pear shaped a lot quicker.

Agreed on Fyfe, he has a BE of 102 and will bleed cash, I guess he can be held one more week, risk the cash hit, but I'd trade him before Darcy and his 42 BE.

Quote from: Ringo on May 06, 2024, 01:20:16 PMOther option if Both Libba and Rozee are out

One to Oliver and the other Dunkley,Neale,Zorko,Butters, Brayshaw or Young for bye structure,

Missing three mids though is pretty rough, especially with a potential lack of coverage. I don't mind getting rid of both and bringing in Oliver and Zorko. You need a premium forward and Zorko gives you the swing, you can then look at a mid next week

Ringo

So the news on Libba with indefinite leave think it forces my hand

Libba to Dunkley and Rozee to Oliver means I miss Jones but with a few more on the bubble can wait. With probably the exception of Roberts most have achievable B/E. Cash after trades $175k.

Next week can look at getting a defender or another mid in. Reckon I still have 6 to get in unless Reid lifts himself and Fyfe is not sub.  Reckon Fyfe was made sub as a precaustuion due to short turn around with Friday Night game.

arbel

Yeah the news on Libba sort of forces your hand now. Sucks about Jones cos he looks like the next money grabber but a couple coming next week should be okay.

Ringo

Still tossing up to get for Rozee do I gamble down on Walsh or go up to one of Butters, Young. Zorko, Walsh, Martin.Rowell or Miller. Butters, Young suit bye structure better.

Mat0369

I think Oliver and Zorko is your best bet. Zorko sorts out your F3 and Oliver is the risk/reward option where the reward far outweighs the risk. You should still have a decent amount of cash left over as well because both are essentially downgrades. I think it pockets you 100k doing both those trades which means you can go 1 up and 1 down next week

Ringo

Been doing a bit more thinking and investigation and realised I can get Ryan in defence instead of Zorko and still have $150k. Zorko has a B/e of 102 so should not rise much if at all.
So
1. Rozee and Libba to Oliver and Ryan with $150k left
2. Rozee and Libba to Oliver and Zorko with $235k left
3. Rozee and Libba to Oliver and Dunkley with $175k left

Think I prefer 1 as Ryan will not get much cheaper and only leaves me one more prem to bring in.

Will look at someone to Zorko next week. Reville will be on the bubble and OK for him to sit but expect him to play a lot more games as he is the logical replacement for McCarthy, May even get rid of Mannagh who is dead wood but still make 15k Probably a wasted trade but removes another non scorer from bench to one making cash, When Zac Reid plays only leaves me Livingstone hopefully as my floating donut,

B/E of Targets to upgrade

Roberts 85 - Most Likely target to go to Zorko
Clohessey 58
Sam Darcy 42
Harley Reid 42 (See how he responds this week as would prefer to keep him with early Rounds scoring)
Burgoyne 35
Lohmann 26
Garcia 13
Graham 12
Clark -1
Wilson - 25 (Putting his hand up for F6)
Sweet - 71 Will be used for upgrade when he peaks.

Depending on B/e one down or Mannagh to Reville

Bully

Mannagh did ok in the VFL so might be worth holding, as a mature-age player I'd expect he gets some gametime.

Mat0369

I'd go the Ryan option, he is due to make more cash than Zorko this week and then go after Zorko next week.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 08, 2024, 01:45:01 AMI'd go the Ryan option, he is due to make more cash than Zorko this week and then go after Zorko next week.

Hopefully Ryan doesn't get tagged but his price won't be going down anytime soon.

Ringo

Ok dilemma. Like a lot Gawn as VC failed. 

So options for C as I see Them
Daicos - Under the roof at Marvel Playing Eagles and averages 125 against them
Serong - Has struggled against Sydney
Ryan - left Field but last 2 against Sydney at Optus averaged 120
Bontempelli - Which Bont will turn up - Last 3 against Tigers averages 137

So choice appears Diacos v Bont

Meant to add not happy with 2 donuts on bench in defence but will wear a donut if need be.

Team announcements also give me loopholes in mids and forwards
Clark and Rogers in Mids
 Darcy and Lohmann in Forwards

arbel

Quote from: Ringo on Yesterday at 11:07:57 AMSo choice appears Diacos v Bont

Yeah for me it's one of those 2. Think Daicos is the slightly better pick. Eagles don't really tag, Bont might get attention but against a depleted Tigers outfit likely he gets free run. I def don't think Ryan with the weather forecast for rain and possible storms. Same for Serong

Bully

Quote from: arbel on Yesterday at 11:13:45 AM
Quote from: Ringo on Yesterday at 11:07:57 AMSo choice appears Diacos v Bont

Yeah for me it's one of those 2. Think Daicos is the slightly better pick. Eagles don't really tag, Bont might get attention but against a depleted Tigers outfit likely he gets free run. I def don't think Ryan with the weather forecast for rain and possible storms. Same for Serong

Richmond don't have a designated tagger, haven't really had one since Duncan 'the Glove' Kellaway.

Mat0369

I'm going Bont with similar options

Colliwobblers

I'm sticking with VC Ryan and C Nick, rain appears to be still south of Perth :)

Flanders is the other interesting option v north, projected 140 odd. But Bont has to be the safest, I'd have to agree.

Ringo

Had to go to a meeting last night so had not caught up rain not as bad. So after Serongs effort and my SC luck this tear Bont may get his lowest score.