Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2015, 03:14:02 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on October 18, 2015, 03:08:30 PM
No curnow!?

If you notice I now have Graham twice  :P

I deleted Curnow's name instead of Graham on the bench

Quote from: Grazz on October 18, 2015, 03:10:21 PM
Haha fair enough but why only two positions.  :P

Good point, we need 8 of him

I actually did notice but felt better leave it alone  haha.  ;)
Looks ok on paper, obviously it's going to take games under the belt for improvement but with those looking to push into the team depth is hopefully better. I reckon Kerridge could push his way in there early, a few will be surprised with him the kid can play, i'd like to see him let off the chain away from the tagging role.

Mat0369

The way I see it, new coach, clean slate and everyone has to earn their stripes. It shouldn't matter how much money you're on, if you don't play up to the standard that is expected of you have fun in the reserves. I expect all these guys to be able to come into the side at one point or another.

A few of them will be long term investments and will have an opportunity to learn off a few guys like Walker and White that have come from completely different pedigrees. We will also have the inevitable injuries and they will create opportunities for guys to step into roles and make them their own. As long as Bolton rewards guys for strong reserves form and keeps a hard line stance on what is expected of these boys we will head in the right direction.

Money Shot

The thing I like about brining all these guys in even if they aren't in our best 22 it gives us some much needed depth!

Money Shot

Also do you guys really rate Rowe? I just feel it would be more beneficial to the club to drop him and gives guys like Jaksch, Weitering and Plowman a go ...

Grazz

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2015, 03:54:57 PM
The way I see it, new coach, clean slate and everyone has to earn their stripes. It shouldn't matter how much money you're on, if you don't play up to the standard that is expected of you have fun in the reserves. I expect all these guys to be able to come into the side at one point or another.

A few of them will be long term investments and will have an opportunity to learn off a few guys like Walker and White that have come from completely different pedigrees. We will also have the inevitable injuries and they will create opportunities for guys to step into roles and make them their own. As long as Bolton rewards guys for strong reserves form and keeps a hard line stance on what is expected of these boys we will head in the right direction.

Bolton's the key to turning it all around, and I think with his background he'll do well there. No nonsense earn it or lose it.
I would of been happy to see him at the Crows with his pedigree, time will tell but I reckon he'll go ok, the smiling assassin.

Money Shot

Quote from: Grazz on October 18, 2015, 04:05:53 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2015, 03:54:57 PM

Bolton's the key to turning it all around, and I think with his background he'll do well there. No nonsense earn it or lose it.
I would of been happy to see him at the Crows with his pedigree, time will tell but I reckon he'll go ok, the smiling assassin.
Yeah I agree completely. Bolton has the ability to turn us into a good side in the up coming years and I believe that he won't just play players due to how much they earn and instead give players a go due to how hard they work and their performance!

Mat0369

I really like Bolton, he has done the hard stuff to get to where he is and when Clarko was sick they turned to him to take the reigns which shows how much they rate him internally. The Hawks have produced Simmo and Beveridge the last couple of years and they have been very successful coaches thus far.

There isn't a lot of pressure on Bolton at the moment either, the club and supporters are realistic, we know we won't be competing for a while and as long as we start to see some improvement in the group we will be happy. I think keeping Barker was huge. What he was able to do with the group in the 2nd half of the season was excellent.

Quote from: Money Shot on October 18, 2015, 04:03:53 PM
Also do you guys really rate Rowe? I just feel it would be more beneficial to the club to drop him and gives guys like Jaksch, Weitering and Plowman a go ...

I trust Rowe more then Jamo right now. He will get monstered by guys like Tomahawk but he has more versatility and his body is holding up a hell of a lot better.

Money Shot

I think Weitering should get games straight away as him and Cripps are our future play them as much as we can!

Money Shot

I don't think Simon White is going to be very relevant next year to be honest ... Isn't getting any younger and think it would be more beneficial to get games into the youger guys!

Grazz

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2015, 04:13:11 PM

I really like Bolton, he has done the hard stuff to get to where he is and when Clarko was sick they turned to him to take the reigns which shows how much they rate him internally. The Hawks have produced Simmo and Beveridge the last couple of years and they have been very successful coaches thus far.

There isn't a lot of pressure on Bolton at the moment either, the club and supporters are realistic, we know we won't be competing for a while and as long as we start to see some improvement in the group we will be happy. I think keeping Barker was huge. What he was able to do with the group in the 2nd half of the season was excellent.

Spot on the Hawthorn system with the right people has produced some quality coaches and I see Bolton being no different.
Like you said he has no pressure, owes no player nothing it's a clean start he'll insist they earn his respect and their spot.
Just need to give it time, it's going to take a few drafts to build something that can get it done. Barker showed it's not as bad as what many were thinking it was. Malthouse, the gameplan were the biggest issue, you'll never convince me they were playing for him that was showen in the first couple of games after his sacking.

Money Shot

Docherty, Jamo, Rowe
Tuohy, Weitering, Simpson
Buckley, Gibbs, Graham
Walker, Tomilson, Thomas
Everett, Casboult, Menzel
Kreuzer, Cripps, Murphy

Curnow, Boekhurst, Kerridge, (Lamb at this stage)

Lamb, Sumner, Plowman, Phillips and Jaksch will all be pushing for sports.

Defence: Jamo and Rowe will be good experienced players to help Weitering over his first few seasons until he can become our number 1 defender. Simpson playing off half back and rotating through the mids will be a good leader down there as well. Tuohy and Docherty to just keep on doing what they were doing last season and we should have a solid backline.

Mids: Cripps, Murphy and Gibbs are all A grade players when they are up and about and will be a good trio. Graham has done enough from last season to become a regular in our 22 and Buckley will get more rotations through the midfield this season as he improves. Curnow will be a big part as our midfield as well.

Rucks: Kreuzer is one of the best when he is out and about and now we finally should have some decent support with Phillips who is okay and will be better than Wood/Warnock!

Forwards: Casboult (if he is still here which I really hope he is) should be good for us this year as he won't have all the spot light on him with Tomilson coming in as our second forward and support in the ruck. Everett is a better forward than defender in my eyes and should be a good 3rd tall for us. Menzel will be a good small forward for us and our future and hopefully he signs on next season. Thomas in my eyes has to play well next season or he is gone ... Hasn't proven him self at all and Walker will be a good leader on the ground as well.

Boekhurst showed signs last year and hope he plays most games this season. Kerridge is a mid that can kick goals and we need goals so he should be in our 22.

Lamb/Sumner/Phillips/Plowman/Jaksch will all rotate through the team when injuries occur.

If Yarran and Bell stay they Alot straight in and probably take the GWS boys sports along with Kerridge.

Think that Armfield should be delisted as we know longer will need him and Jones, Tutt, Whiley, White, Dick, Warnock and Wood shouldn't play much next year as I don't rate them at all tbh.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Money Shot on October 18, 2015, 04:27:12 PM
I think Weitering should get games straight away as him and Cripps are our future play them as much as we can!
this, has to slot straight in

RiOtChEsS

quinny88

Do you guys think pick 19 for Yarran is fair?

Mat0369

I would rather next years first and I think that's what SOS will be asking for. It's automatically better then pick 19, even if you win the grand final