Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

Quote from: Money Shot on October 13, 2015, 11:18:05 PM
Could we play him as our third tall or is he more of a midfielder?
(Don't know much about him)

More of a midfielder who rotates off the HFF. Best comparison from Carlton is probably Bell. Can hit the scoreboard (Just ask Norf), good overhead mark, can run all day.

Overall a solid player, will likely only take your 3rd to pick him up or potentially Kerridge + 32 for 20.

fanTCfool

Suppose we are cheering for the Cats to flop next year.
I think both clubs would be happy with this, Geelong have rebuilt in a day and we have a Pick at least below #14 to lock in next year.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 15, 2015, 12:30:37 AM
Suppose we are cheering for the Cats to flop next year.
I think both clubs would be happy with this, Geelong have rebuilt in a day and we have a Pick at least below #14 to lock in next year.
and the value we got for Fev stays alive ;D

RiOtChEsS

so guys which player would u prefer we draft with the first pick, Weitering or Schache?

Ringo

Biased because we want Schache so Weitering obviously.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Ringo on October 17, 2015, 11:38:04 AM
Biased because we want Schache so Weitering obviously.
i seen a few highlights packages on both, cant really lose imo, Schache is a big boy :o

RiOtChEsS

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-17/trade-winds-another-treloar-twist-as-pies-close-in-on-trio

Giant Jed Lamb is still expected to land at Carlton, possibly in a package deal with ruckman Andrew Phillips, midfielder Liam Sumner and defender Lachie Plowman.

Former Giant and now Blues list manager Stephen Silvagni is having a ball picking the eyes out of a list he helped to create.

fanTCfool

I hope we get Phillips, I rate him
Got to be better for us than Cam Wood.

Money Shot

If we do get all of the players we are expected to (Kerridge, Tomilson, Lamb, Phillips, Sumner and Plowman) do you think any of them would be best 22 considering they are all fringe players at other clubs ...

Mat0369

Tomlinson, Lamb, Sumner, Plowman and Kerridge all have a shot. Philips would be some insurance for Kreuz. Assuming we get all these guys I would expect our 22 to look similar to this

Tuohy, Jamo, Plowman
Buckley, Rowe, Docherty
Simmo, Graham, Gibbs
Walker, Tomlinson, Menzel
Everitt, Levi, Daisy ()
Kreuz, Cripps, Murph
Boekhorst, Curnow, Simon White, (insert one of 10 guys here)

We would have Jaksch, Holman, Whiley, Tutt, Sheehan, Byrne, Walsh, Clem, Dennis, our draft picks, Lamb, Sumner and Kerridge all fighting for spots.

Tomlinson would slot straight in at either end and can spell in the ruck. He has played down back and up forward at GWS and was suited to playing that hit up forward/2nd ruck role.

Plowman fights with Weitering and Jaksch/Tomlinson for a spot depending where we play either guy. Guys like White and Walker I don't see as every week players, especially with where we are at as a club. The way I see it a lot of those GWS boys will get games, but they will fight for spots and have to earn them. They do well on the track and through the preseason and they earn a spot in the starting 22. I wish we could F Daisy off right now because he has been borderline drop worthy but due to Mick and his contract he was getting a game every week. Unfortunately with his contract the way it is we wouldn't get a can of coke for him.

I like most of the moves as it gives us some high upside guys at a discount price. I don't expect them to all pan out and I don't expect them to all make an impact right away. Considering how much talent we lack in that age bracket it is the right step towards rebuilding the list.

Grazz

You have Cripps in there twice mate.

Mat0369

Quote from: Grazz on October 18, 2015, 02:36:38 PM

He's that good we play him in two positions at once  :P

Money Shot

Grazz

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2015, 02:54:47 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 18, 2015, 02:36:38 PM

He's that good we play him in two positions at once  :P