Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Mat0369

Basically Kreuz leaves and Carlton get first round compensation netting them picks 1 and 2 which are Weitering and Josh Schache. We were talking about it at the game yesterday with a couple of mates after the Brisbane result came in. Apparently there was a rumor he wasn't going to sign anyway. Also talk of Carlisle potentially coming to us in the pre-season draft for nada. We could make out extremely well in this off-season, even with the losses

Out

Hendo
Ellard
Carrots
Judd

Potential Outs

Spudnock
Kreuz
Wood
Menz
Yaz
Head
Bell
Dennis
White (retire?)
Walker (retire?)

Potential ins

Josh Schache
Jacob Weitering
Rice
Silvagni
Pick 10
Yaz pick
Aish
Josh Walker (potential trade)
Carlisle (PSD)

Big Mac

Would someone pay Kreuzer 500k+ for 4+ years though? He is a gun ruckman but I would be worried about the injury risk

fanTCfool

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 06, 2015, 08:06:11 PM
Basically Kreuz leaves and Carlton get first round compensation netting them picks 1 and 2 which are Weitering and Josh Schache. We were talking about it at the game yesterday with a couple of mates after the Brisbane result came in. Apparently there was a rumor he wasn't going to sign anyway. Also talk of Carlisle potentially coming to us in the pre-season draft for nada. We could make out extremely well in this off-season, even with the losses

Out

Hendo
Ellard
Carrots
Judd

Potential Outs

Spudnock
Kreuz
Wood

Menz
Yaz
Head
Bell
Dennis
White (retire?)
Walker (retire?)

Potential ins

Josh Schache
Jacob Weitering
Rice
Silvagni
Pick 10
Yaz pick
Aish
Josh Walker (potential trade)
Carlisle (PSD)

Sounds like we need a ruckman...
Draft or Trade?

Mat0369

Only has to be more then 450k I think. Basically we are offering him about that for 4ish, I think the Dogs have got a similar offer out to him. If we don't get pick 2 as compo we should take the league to court because Kreuz would be the same age as Chip going into a similar deal. You can't pick and choose the compo as you go.

blue

If we got pick 2 for kreuzer I would be happy with until i think of our ruck depts of cam wood and warnock.

Toga

Would surely need to chase a Zac Smith or Gorringe type if Kreuzer was to leave. And sounds like Warnock will be given the boot as well?

Mat0369

Yeah, one of the GC boys is my bet. Nicholls/Smith/Gorringe, maybe draft one as a project and grab an experienced depth guy or in a log jam for a spot like the Port Redden

Ziplock

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 06, 2015, 08:15:59 PM
Only has to be more then 450k I think. Basically we are offering him about that for 4ish, I think the Dogs have got a similar offer out to him. If we don't get pick 2 as compo we should take the league to court because Kreuz would be the same age as Chip going into a similar deal. You can't pick and choose the compo as you go.

Close to the same age maybe, but it's based on pay and contract length, if it's a 4 year at 450 that mightn't be enough for a first round pick?

Vinny

I'd be stoked with those ins and one of the GC boys, would be a great start to a long rebuild!

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on September 06, 2015, 10:08:08 PM
Close to the same age maybe, but it's based on pay and contract length, if it's a 4 year at 450 that mightn't be enough for a first round pick?

Reports are that Kreuzer's potential contract will be in the same region as Frawley, so given their ages the compensation would likely be the same.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Vinny on September 06, 2015, 10:09:06 PM
I'd be stoked with those ins and one of the GC boys, would be a great start to a long rebuild!

Can't say I'm a huge fan of any of the GCS ruckman, do we have a chance to snag Leuy?

nrich102

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Schache is coming to Brissy  8)

RiOtChEsS

are we a chance to land Treloar? he is/was a Carlton supporter as a kid

Mat0369

Quote from: Ziplock on September 06, 2015, 10:08:08 PM

Those were the parameters of the Frawley deal in length and terms of cash.

Quote from: Vinny on September 06, 2015, 10:09:06 PM

Agreed. We could build a core within one off-season

Quote from: fanTCfool on September 06, 2015, 11:28:00 PM
Can't say I'm a huge fan of any of the GCS ruckman, do we have a chance to snag Leuy?

Leuenberger is too old. He will want to go to a team with a chance at being relevant in the next couple of years. I really like Tom Nicholls, he may only ever turn out to be a fringe sort of guy but he should start peaking in the next couple of years and could be an ideal stop gap. Smith has also flashed that he has the ability but like Nicholls he has injury issues and can go missing. I didn't realise Smith will actually be 26 next year, but he also fits that stop gap route and is better then Wood/Warnock. Speaking of GC players, Harley would be awesome and a low risk option but no chance. 

Also side note, Carrots deserves his own thread for his retirement.

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on September 07, 2015, 11:17:38 PM
are we a chance to land Treloar? he is/was a Carlton supporter as a kid

I sure as hell hope so. He loved Juddy and the Navy Blue. If we did, we would have had to give up either picks 1 or 2 to probably make it happen.