Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Agreed on Boekhorst, he was very good in the first half.

Our ball use was pretty atrocious again, we lifted in the second quarter and then didn't give a yelp. They interviewed Murph in the post game  on Triple M and he was brutally honest which I loved. Robbo asked him the message that Barks gave them after the game. He said that their standards had not been up to scratch during the week and Barker gave them some hard truths on what it takes to play AFL football and they need to lift these standards. They have barely any contributors and it sounded like these passengers either lift, play their role and contribute or they will be done. Murph sound pretty pissed off and rightfully so because he has been one of the few contributors.

RiOtChEsS

yeah Murph is showing plenty of ticker

Mat0369

Agreed. Trying to lead from the front and set an example. His ball use wasn't great last week but he is still busting his ass. So are Curnow and Simmo. Bell has been pretty good all season as well but drifted off the last couple. Kreuz has been trying his ass off since he has been back as well. I just realised Murph will be 29 next year. We desperately need some quality youth.

Curnow will be 26 later this year, Bell will be 25 next season, Levi 26, Hendo 26 later this year, Yaz 25 later in the season, Kreuz 27, Gibbs 27, Jamo 30, Rowe 28 later this year, Everitt 27, White 28 and Tuohy 26.

Then some of our youth isn't that young, Graham and Boek will be 22 next year, Bucks 23 and Menz after the season finishes.

I also just noticed Sheehan will be 25 this year just after the season

Mat0369

TomK

With Yarran being dropped again, what do you think he'd cost in a trade? Second rounder?

elephants

Quote from: TomK on August 06, 2015, 07:51:04 PM
With Yarran being dropped again, what do you think he'd cost in a trade? Second rounder?

Hands awffff

TomK

Quote from: elephants on August 06, 2015, 09:20:10 PM

Hands awffff
Eddie will get him over the line ;)

Diesels Pups

Quote from: elephants on August 06, 2015, 09:20:10 PM

Hands awffff
Yeah, Na, I think he's gone. Probs high first round (15-18), or low second round and some other change in draft order.

Mat0369

You would need a first for Yaz considering he is contracted. Rice adds to the intrigue considering he is a potential father son selection and plays the same position

kilbluff1985

Sam McClure ‏@sam_mcclure  41s41 seconds ago
Chris Yarran has just hobbled off the ground in the VFL. Doesn't look good.

kilbluff1985

do u guys think Bell will be mid only next year

Ricochet

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/hendersons-carlton-career-finished-20150819-gj3bcw.html

QuoteCarlton tall Lachie Henderson has requested a trade and won't play for the Blues again.

The Carlton leadership group and coaches decided it was "in the best interests of the club that Lachie sits out of the remaining three games this season".

Football boss Andrew McKay: We want people who yearn to play for our Carlton jumper â€" and who will accept the responsibility that comes with it.

Mat0369

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHfIHgvkFyk

Here is a little honesty for Hendo, if you and some of your mates weren't so mentally weak we probably wouldn't be last on the ladder right now. You probably should have been in the VFL earlier because playing one decent quarter of footy every 5 weeks isn't something you expect from one of your leaders. You went from a borderline All Australian CHB to a non factor in the span of 2 years. You had a chance to showcase your 'value' if you were going to pull this at the end of the season and all you ended up doing was performing so poorly that you ended up quitting on the week you were going to be dropped anyway. Hopefully we can still get a first round pick for you mate but at the end of the day if you want to go be part of a 'super team' that is going to back fire good luck to you.

ossie85

Gotta say, I find it strange how Henderson was told to pack his bags immediately.

I mean - all he did was be honest and tell them he was going to leave. And then to be shown the door and kicked out of the club immediately?

We go on and on about how players shouldn't keep clubs in the dark about future intentions... this is why they aren't. I just would've expected a bit more professionalism from Carlton, it isn't like he was going to tank in the final 3 games, in fact he was probably likely to try harder so that other clubs would want him.

This is business now guys, not a cult.

Toga

Tommy Bell apparently considering leaving as well... He has been great this year, would be a bad loss :(