Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue

Who is Purgatory?

If we are serious about rebuilding none of our experienced players should be untouchable.
Can someone tell me why Buckley is not getting a game?

Mat0369

Quote from: blue on April 16, 2015, 10:54:39 PM
Who is Purgatory?

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 16, 2015, 03:49:14 PM
Purgatory - not exactly trade bait, not exactly untouchable

Murphy - his knee is shot, he most likely won't be able to play to the standard of 2011 because of it again. You can't exactly trade him yet but he still isn't untouchable. You would need a Jeremy Cameron style prospect to consider parting with him though (like Boyd and Griffen)

Simmo - age doesn't make parting with him worthwhile, especially considering his trade value would be low. You would think he retires a Blue and rightfully so. He is also still a much needed player at the club for multiple reasons.

Rowe - at his age and with his ability, he doesn't hold any value in a trade and will just be a solid player at the club over the next few years

Tom Bell - He is a good prospect that has the potential to be something great, but he hasn't been able to put it together yet. The club need to keep a few in his bracket but he isn't untouchable.

Nick Graham - Again being younger he hasn't had opportunity yet, not exactly trade worthy but still unproven and not untouchable.

Simon White - Bad knee and is not more then a depth player

Ed Curnow - Great tagger and a really good footy player, you don't want to trade him but you can't really list a tagger as untouchable.

Zach Tuohy - Severely regressed since his early days. Holds 0 trade value and is certainly not untouchable. He needs some confidence I think

Quote from: blue on April 16, 2015, 10:54:39 PM
Can someone tell me why Buckley is not getting a game?

No idea, he should be playing and even though Dennis has had a couple of solid VFL hit outs if we are serious about rebuilding you play Buckley ahead of him considering there wasn't a lot of difference in form during the weekend

Mat0369

So I heard something interesting in the pre-game on Triple M. They had a segment where they had to bring up a story that had not been released in the media yet. Duck brought up this one. He said that earlier in the season he made the comments that Gaz won't play Round 1 since he had a setback but looked like a dickhead when he lined up. He said that the source ended up being right because of what happened two weeks with Gaz out indefinitely and all the info released since. The same source told him that Judd would not play this week very early before it was announced.

The same source has given him this bit of info. Mick Malthouse will not be the coach of Carlton not long after he breaks the record. He wouldn't define an exact time, they said it could be a week after or it could be a month but they don't expect him to be there. Possible candidates they threw up to replace him include Worsfold, Voss and Bolton. It will be interesting to see if he is just talking crap again or if it actually happens

blue

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 26, 2015, 03:55:11 PM
So I heard something interesting in the pre-game on Triple M. They had a segment where they had to bring up a story that had not been released in the media yet. Duck brought up this one. He said that earlier in the season he made the comments that Gaz won't play Round 1 since he had a setback but looked like a dickhead when he lined up. He said that the source ended up being right because of what happened two weeks with Gaz out indefinitely and all the info released since. The same source told him that Judd would not play this week very early before it was announced.

The same source has given him this bit of info. Mick Malthouse will not be the coach of Carlton not long after he breaks the record. He wouldn't define an exact time, they said it could be a week after or it could be a month but they don't expect him to be there. Possible candidates they threw up to replace him include Worsfold, Voss and Bolton. It will be interesting to see if he is just talking crap again or if it actually happens
God only hope this is true, intresting candidates, don't really know who I would pick,

Mat0369

I don't know how I feel about the Voss one. I know people learn from their mistakes but based on his last go around I don't want him at Carlton as the senior coach. He ended up taking a team that played finals to a team that was down the bottom of the ladder. He also never struck me as a great game day coach but I think he will make a valuable assistant like he is at Port.

Worsfold when I first heard about it I thought brilliant but after thinking about it further he might not be the right guy either. He has been out of the game a couple years and his tenure at the Eagles didn't end well. He was a brilliant but we have already been down this path twice before and it has failed.

Bolton I don't mind, you can't help but like the guy but what draws me to him is that Clarko considers him one of the key cogs in his system. He might not be super strong in terms of game day but he comes from the best system going around and if you put the right team around him he could be very successful

There are obviously a few other guys around as well so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out

powersuperkents

Get excited because ball-magnet Mark Whiley is set to debut tomorrow night

What is his likelihood for the vest? I'm hoping to see Whiley & Cripps both play a full game of contested footy

Mat0369

I reckon Whiley will avoid the vest. With Carrots out they might get him to tag Pendles. I think Ellard or Boekhorst get the green vest. I can not understand how you drop Levi and keep Jones in. Yes Levi struggles to kick at goal but Jones hasn't been great in that aspect either and his form has been crap

Nige

My boy Whiley! Watch him dominate.  8)

Bill Manspeaker

surprised you haven't given him the nickname 'coyote' yet Nige

or if you have, ignore me and carry on :P

elephants

Haha Nige has claimed every young midfielder in the comp! Oh, except C Ellis :p

Nige

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on April 30, 2015, 09:33:59 PM
surprised you haven't given him the nickname 'coyote' yet Nige

or if you have, ignore me and carry on :P
Not yet...  :o but now that you mention it!  ;D

Quote from: elephants on April 30, 2015, 10:01:55 PM
Not all of them, but there are a select batch of lads that will be superstars and I'll be glad to say I was a fan well before the bandwagoners.  ;) :P

Gigantor

Quote from: Nige on April 30, 2015, 10:55:21 PM
Not all of them, but there are a select batch of lads that will be superstars and I'll be glad to say I was a fan well before the bandwagoners.  ;) :P
Hipster Nige??

Nige

Quote from: Gigantor on April 30, 2015, 11:02:46 PM
Quote from: Nige on April 30, 2015, 10:55:21 PM
Hipster Nige??
Generally, yep.  :P

powersuperkents

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 30, 2015, 07:54:18 PM
I reckon Whiley will avoid the vest. With Carrots out they might get him to tag Pendles. I think Ellard or Boekhorst get the green vest. I can not understand how you drop Levi and keep Jones in. Yes Levi struggles to kick at goal but Jones hasn't been great in that aspect either and his form has been crap
+1

Got to agree now that you've brought it up, I would put my money on Boekhorst to start in the green.

Yeah I don't understand either, Casboult is a strong contested mark. I honestly don't see what Liam Jones offers in general

powersuperkents

Nige has been rights about Touk Miller so far. The kid is finally going to be starting as a follower this week against the Lions (due to Swallow's injury). I hope he kills it, can see him racking up +100 tbh. Reminds me a lot of Travis Boak back in 2007.